Am I the only one that misses the deadly missions?

This game isn't just about saving your good players and being the best. It's about going through the hardship of losing members and feeling pain and being happy that you're surviving. It was so much fun when they were still around. Ya it sucked when you lost a good character but that's the thing about the walking dead... You just keep moving.
antMrSorrowWahooDawgOlausTheNickJapes87InspTurbinesdadomago

Comments

• MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I play a game to get away from hardship.
    I'll sack a survivor if I get tired of them.
    But I'd be seriously bummed out if I lost one I'd worked hard for, or worse, spent money for. I'd want that up to me, and nothing else.
    rgerkmanInspTurbines[Deleted User]
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Short answer: yes, with an if....
    Long answer: no, with a but....
    rgerkmangespuerInspTurbinesDLich
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    No.

And I´m missing also the better rewards from them...
    MizTy
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I had over 500 deadly missions and never lost a survivor, but I do miss the excitement of getting my heart racing while one of your survivors is in a struggle with a level 23 or 24 walker, hoping the other two can kill the walker before it's too late.
    InspTurbinesrgerkmanMrSorrowHaiyan
  • FunGamingTrashFunGamingTrash Member Posts: 174
    I had no care for the deadlies other than the good stuff you got from them.
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Lmao I played deadlies cos I had to...never lost anyone but they always skeeeerrred the crap out of me!!! Awesome fun!!!

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    [Deleted User]
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    But if they brought them back now I'd hate it...don't wanna risk losing heros that cost me so many tokens :(

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    [Deleted User]
  • IRONDeeIRONDee Member Posts: 469
    I completely understood when they took them out of challenges, and would hate to see them come back there. Althea maybe that would stop some repeatables? But still not fair at lower levels, so don't bring them back

But...to have a spot for them that was totally voluntary? I'd love that, for the once In a while thrill.
    I'm not addicted, I just have nothing better to do.
    Founder and benevolent dictator of IRONPHX
    Alt Elder in Grumpy Old Gits

MadPuppyMystiqueKillpupsNkitsMizTy
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    They were all voluntary. You didn't have to it if you didn't want to
    antOlausTheNickInspTurbines[Deleted User]
  • OlausTheNickOlausTheNick Member Posts: 335
    No, I miss them too. Deadly missions were my jam. Before they dropped the survivor cap, I would kill survivors off just to see how many walkers they killed instead of taking the pocket-change xp.
    FunGamingTrashCatastrophic
  • FunGamingTrashFunGamingTrash Member Posts: 174
    Same!! @OlausTheNick
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    For deadlies to return there must be a very very very good way to make sure no-one plays those missions on accident. It's amazing how much people manage to do on accident.
    OlausTheNickeetuHaiyan
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    I lost a guy once.. It was sad.. I mourned.. I said 1 or 20 F words and then I moved on!! :wink: I'm happy they removed them for challenges but fine with them in the exploration missions!
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    OlausTheNickMrSorrowInspTurbines
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 403
    Personally, good riddance.
    I understand the thrill of it all but I dont want to have to worry about losing survivors/gear when drop rates on phones are so pathetic these days. It would just be another way for NG to coax people into spending money on RNG radio calls.
    I miss the days when you played hard, leveled up and unlocked new better crew. Now i have to depend on slot machine spins to get better crew in my games and if your luck sucks then oh well, too bad. It averages out to other people. I have played for a long time and have come across very few survivors with desirable trait combinations and I have no desire to risk losing them.
    InspTurbinesggbats
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    Bring em back, over 500 deadlies done with no losses, enjoying the threat of it permiating the experience. Walkers kill people in the show, they should do so as well in the game. Rewards were better and now i have this useless blank memorial. If you dont want to risk your precious survivors then stay in camp.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
  • IpshaiIpshai Member Posts: 38
    People are missing the point : deadlies were optional. The same way some playes spend $$$ and others are ftp.

These were at the core of this game. You're not building a farm or breeding dragons, you re trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. You should permanently lose survivors. Hell, I think supplies should get used every minute and adversely affect your survivors when you run out of them.

This game should be tough and unforgiving. In the very least, players who would rather have a tougher challenge should have this option available. I really miss deadlies and mourning lost survivors.
    blynknzHaiyan
  • IpshaiIpshai Member Posts: 38
    Simply put victory without risk brings triumph without glory. Corneille had that figured out a longtime ago.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Member Posts: 181
    I think it pretty obvious why they removed Deadly missions, because we get great gear as rewards....so they remove them, and offer you gear for real money, so cha ching for NG. I played them all the time, and was upset when I lost a legendary hunter, but I kept playing them because the risk was worth the reward!!!
    mongo911InspTurbinesOlausTheNickMizTy
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    I'm sure someone has said it before; it is no coincidence that deadlies were removed prior to the arrival of our first of many "Heros". And, I'm sure NG got tired of dealing with people who "accidentally " chose deadlies and lost.

The solution is to have them, but separated from challenges (maybe a tab on the left under achievements etc.) Maybe, have a pop up window that says, "are you sure!" Before you start.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    How about just not letting Heroes enter Deadlies?
    Bring any Survivor you want except Heroes!
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    InspTurbinesDLichHeisenbergJaden
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 952

I'm sure someone has said it before; it is no coincidence that deadlies were removed prior to the arrival of our first of many "Heros". And, I'm sure NG got tired of dealing with people who "accidentally " chose deadlies and lost.

The solution is to have them, but separated from challenges (maybe a tab on the left under achievements etc.) Maybe, have a pop up window that says, "are you sure!" Before you start.

Deadly missions were removed either prior or at the time of 1.9, which was late May. Heroes were in 2.0, late July. Two months apart. Although heroes were probably in early development at the time, I can't believe they were the reason to get rid of deadly missions. There were connection issues with some players.
    @BttlOpener, I'm bad about remembering when the updates were released. Anyhow,I forgot about the connectivity issues. I'm lucky in that regard. But I did learn a valuable lesson...not to play deadlies on the phone! I lost my whole squad do to an incoming call. Till NG dumped them, I only played deadlies on my tablet there after.
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,541
    turn former deadlies into guaranteed radio(s) for completion.

Nothing more satisfying than playing a radio mission, and after 15 minutes on unlimited gas making a 15 radio call.

Even if everyone got 3 rares (or nothing higher than a rare) it would take maybe an hour to upgrade a trait for an epic survivor and 2 hours for a trait on a legendary survivor.

@ng people will buy unlimited gas quite often I believe if you did this. Want to give us more opportunities for radio's that's the best way to go about it :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    InspTurbinesJaden
    @DLich, like that idea! Also, nice avatar! If I switched mine to the Bolts, I'm afraid I would get laughed right out of the forum!