Post 2.1 Update Discussion (Answers to your questions within)

Comments

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    MizTy said:

What's my motivation for defending my outpost if I don't lose trade goods?

-Influence tiers will be much more meaningful soon. Maybe even before 2.2...
    Also, and this is a new question, I went to Manage my Outpost & neither the map nor my survivor positions had changed in Rural Fields. Is that the way it's supposed to be?
    -Not all of the map setups needed changing, only the mazey-est and least linear ones got the tweak.
    Top8dog said:

Millions of unspent TG

-It's our goal and hope that you find more to spend on in the TG shop, and also remember that a challenge revamp is on the way. Since the TG shop and the Challenge rewards are very closely related, we have been building the systems in relation to one another.

In the end, the goals are to reduce the amount of repetitive Challenge play while giving more options for rewards. We'll continue to work towards those goals.
    drinky said:

Am i right in that your starting to drop lev 20 wepons again now after the update ?
    -To my knowledge, they never stopped dropping.

some what disappointing that there are no buildings to upgrade at all, and no immediate use for tomatoes...
    -That's why we're lanching the tomatos-for-TG swap very soon. It's coming as part of an upcoming live event, so you can put your tomatoes to work doing some Good, for once. [pun!]
    Bill_ZRT said:

What's the logic behind making the offerings random and single purchase?

-I feel like I have covered this a few times already. Is there an aspect to this that I haven't covered in my previous replies in this thread?
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    theRealBender
    edited September 2016
    Store restoke how does this work? Do you bave different pools that each those of crate is separted into or is it possible we could have an entire store full of tokens.? Are restocks also completely random, so in theory you could wait a fair while to get a crate you want?

-All fair questions. I didn't code the store, so I'll give you what I think the answers are. Mind you that these could change based on the data we gather from here out:

TG Shop slots have different pools that they draw from. My current store offers 2 rarities of crates, for instance. I think tokens only appear in some slots, and never in others. I think that the restocks try not to repeat, but I'm not sure that you are guaranteed a set cycle of items, or that a given item will appear at least once every X restocks.

Free Stuff

-If you don't like my free stuff, you are welcome not to claim it. We do track how many players update and log in separately from the number that claim the gifts, so we'll be able to tell. Oddly, the number of unclaimed gifts is always very low...

Possible Overwatch Change 2.2

-Lazer Squad didn't run on a mobile device with a 4-inch screen, had more discrete inputs than a single touch surface, and didn't cater to players of all skill levels. That is all to say that not all solutions from one title are good for another. I don't see us adding any other decision points to the average turn in the game. Overwatch is an important part of game strategy, but it's never been intended that Overwatch be relied on as a main path to victory across all the content in the game.

My personal guess is that you'll be using it a bit less than you do now, once all the other bits and bobs we have planned are implemented, but both the implementation of Overwatch and that list of bits and bobs will be a constantly fluctuating, never-quite-finished process.

And thanks a lot for the kind words. You and the others who have had good things to say about the update have really kept us afloat over here in the offices today.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    MizTy
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    Now I'm reminiscing about Laser Squad. And Nemesis...
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 581
    edited September 2016
    I can not found: ... Added a countdown timer for daily quests

from http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/14603/whats-new-in-2-1#latest
    - Ex-Leader "Breaking Deads" -
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    No lazer squad ran off a 48k computer loaded from an audio cassete and played with a one button joystick to navigate menu yet it still had a more advanced overwatch!
    Shut_UpSgtSalamiGrimGael
  • NorCallifer69NorCallifer69 Member Posts: 32
    Ng, do you really think that claiming free rewards correlates to players being satisfied with the the changes to the trade shop. If so, that is about the dumbest things ive read on these boards. I don't like most of the changes so far but thats not going to keep me from claiming free rewards.
    Rick_ZKZeena
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    @NorCallifer69 Nope - they are obviously two different entities. All feedback is very welcome but try and give it a proper chance before passing judgement! :)
    MizTyGovernatorPapacasMusat
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    edited September 2016
    Yes yes yes! If memory serves me correctly, I believe 2-8 token rewards for 15 radio calls were bad late night mexican food poop. They need to be pulled outta there!!! Stop giving us the trots NG!
    ;)
    OneLessTitanMrSorrowggbats
    Oh just noticed what you did to the guilds. 1 phone per reward level... Just awful! Ng you really screwed the pooch on this one. You can try and moderate and tamp down negative feedback all you want but this update is gonna go over like a lead balloon.
    InvaderblynknzPapacas
    Still awful! Good luck ng. There's a lot to like about this game but this update sucks....
    antConan1976JackBauerblynknzPapacasSlowMo
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    edited September 2016
    I don't know if this has been said before but the TG shop appears to reset at odd times. 6:40pm est is my next restock.

Maybe do it on the hour every 6 hours (if it's 4x a day

It's 12 pm here on east coast US and it says 6 hrs 37 minutes. Why not 6:30pm just weird it's not in sync with time.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    rgerkmanJackBauer

Thanks for all the replies shteevie!! One bone to pick...you said that you think the 2/8 hero token results are "poop" in 15x calls...why are they still there?? I'm not a coder, but I know that's an easy fix!! Please help make our hard earned radios more valuable!!!

Because we're still processing the data from the last "8 Days of Heroes" event. Changing numbers in datasheets is easy, but picking the right numbers is much harder.
    Loewe1968 said:

I can not found: ... Added a countdown timer for daily quests

This was answered earlier in this thread:
    There supposed to have a quest timer. Anyone knows where it is? I don't see it anywhere.

-If you have less than three quests, it should appear at the bottom of the quest list.

@TransmuteJun I understand you points, and I believe I have addressed them. If the data shows that we need to adjust the shop, we certainly have the ability to do that.

If you don't want to buy the correct tokens when they appear, and then wait for them to reappear 3, 4, 5 more times, you will realize that you could have had those tokens for your upgrade already if you had bought them when they were available. If you are stopping in regularly for your free gift, you are able to spend your TG instead of hoarding it further.

If you keep returning to the toy car aisle in the store waiting for a full-size Ferrari to appear, you may be waiting a long time.

As for the exploration mission rewards discussion, please see points #1 & 2 in my previous post.

@NorCallifer69 The rewards are not always 1 phone. As I mentioned in the 'Pre-Update' thread [which you may not have seen], the rewards for the early tiers needed to stay small because players abuse the system, and we haven't fixed the exploit yet. Even so, at one phone, the value of the rewards has increased from what they were before.
    docfinzenburg
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    I would love to see it "reboot" every 4 hrs!! :grimace: :wink:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    My store restocked with 4 items it had in last time, great idea this guys!!

Shut_UpCaptainslayer
  • GagaGaga Member Posts: 18
    NG tries to do everything in their power to advertise my drop out program

BetterCallGaga.

I love how useless TG are now.

I appreciate you can get one phone as a guild reward (or individual? idk)

I can't wait to see the next offers in the TG store. I hope they stay this great.

Thank you very much again, NG.
    SgtSalamitheRealBender
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Was the walker pit nerf on purpose or by accident? Finally those people with walker levels of 2 have an advantage in outposts over those who fully upgraded their pit and maxed the walker levels and number of walkers.
    CaptainslayerPapacasSlowMoMusat
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I am offered shooter and scout tokens for the second time in a row so... Yeah...

Also the new health boost is a nerf for me since my armor values are below 500 so now I tend to get bruised in simple farming missions. I know it will be a plus eventually (as in maybe... If I get new higher level gear with health boost and once I maybe have upgraded it) but I am not even sure about being able to make my usual 260 challenge stars let alone dream of finally getting 310... But since I can't spend my TG the way I want it doesn't matter that much anyway, right? :s

Happy about the free gifts, though, but would gladly give up the free silver crate if I could still buy gold crates anytime I want to (which usually was at least once a day).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
  • Survivor6ixSurvivor6ix Member Posts: 131
    Overall I'm satisfied with the game. Free stuff is good, especially when it takes no effort to obtain it.

On concern is with the weekly challenges. The guild rewards is radio phones. So the 1st level (30 Stars) is 1 phone....the 2nd level (90 stars) is 1 phone? Shouldn't it progressively go up? I really hope it improves the further you go up.

As for the TG store, some good points are being made, but one thing I like is, we're being asked to use 600 TG for 8 tokens. Considering it was 3000 TG for 5 phones, I think that's a pretty good trade off IMO. Yes the tokens aren't static, but you don't have to pay high amounts of TG for phones to have the chance to hope you get what you're looking for. #SilverLining
    MrsScattercushionQB34Musat
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,216
    edited September 2016
    So far my feedback on the update is positive. Two free gifts are welcome. Survivor and hero tokens are welcome.

The phone reward for guild missions is somewhat pathetic. NG has nerfed the amount of tokens we got from events.

The update to the exploration missions is in the right step i.e. yielding more of the specific goods.

The every changing shop items though are a bit irritating but it's not a big issue

Upgrade to the outposts, don't care as I don't play outpost. However, the zero stealing of trading goods is welcome.

NG should let us play the episodes again and again. They are more fun then exploration missions.

Time reduction for upgrades would be welcome.

Thumbs up Next Games, @Teeceezy and especially @Shteevie

Zee Black 

Playing the game since 2015, Level 75 and 200K plus stars

Part of SG Woot since 2016. We have played more than 300 challenges and earned  4 million plus stars

@Survivor6ix the guild reward for the first 5 guild rewards is a total of 5 phones which would have been a total of 3000 TG's which could have bought 5 phones in the old TG shop. Knew that was gonna happen

CaptainslayerSgtSalami
    @Shteevie
    If you wonder why people repeatedly ask about the timer, like some peeps already said, it's hidden under the fat green Google bar. Not going to log out just to see the counter... ;)

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    ggbatsInvadershakhidMusat
    Have we agreed as a community to remove tanks and armored from outposts to make it easier for opponents to get TG's since we don't lose any anymore?

InvaderJackBauerblynknz
  • WalkermanWalkerman Member Posts: 64
    Pretty sure the first five guild rewards is either 7 (1,1,1,2,2) or 8 (1,1,2,2,2). I wasn't keeping track of the exact numbers; just that it was increasing.
    Watch Tower Alliance (WT #14) - PM for details on joining!
    DLich
    DLich said:

Have we agreed as a community to remove tanks and armored from outposts to make it easier for opponents to get TG's since we don't lose any anymore?

Don't tempt NG in any way to take it back, make us lose TG again because they give us nothing to spend them on... Or to make us buy things we don't want just to not lose TG (again). ;)

As for me, my walker are level 1 and 2 - I think...

Invader