Post 2.1 Update Discussion (Answers to your questions within)

Comments

• nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    I'm actually a fan of the new update, I love it more than most but I think the store needs looking at again. I love that the items rotate, it keeps things fresh. But why allow only one purchase of each? I saved up TG to buy assault tokens but one per six hours? That's insane. One golden crate too?

I know how business works and I know you have to strike a balance between getting players to spend money and keeping players happy, but I don't know anyone who likes the fact that you're now limited to one purchase of each item in the store. What happens if the item you want appears when you're asleep too? Please look at this again, other than this, I love the new update :smile:

Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    Fester17
  • FelioFelio Member Posts: 103
    I finally built my outpost, since we can't lose trade goods from raids anymore. So mission accomplished there. Now my only concern is that issue with getting locked out of the game while someone is raiding me. I hope that fix is coming along; I know I read it is a goal.

Next I'll have to see if the new TG shop can entice me to beef up defense and try to get above bronze. It remains unclear what that would require of me. The "Cycles" tab says "Silver 1000+." 1,000 what? Butts? I guess I reach each reward tier by reaching a set number of butts? How do I make my butts number go up? Attacking, defending...?

The gold emblem must also mean butts, right? Even though it doesn't say "Silver (emblem) 1000+." It only appears in the "Resets to ___" line below it. But they must be counting the same thing.
  • NorCallifer69NorCallifer69 Member Posts: 32
    Most of my dissatisfaction would be solved by making tokens universal. Also, ng needs to quit trying to force game play in directions they dictate. The hero and token system hasnt been a plus for me. The the response in these forums from ng "to just give it a chance" is weak at best. The attitude is that this is ng's game and we will play it the way they want us to.
    SpipmanPimpOfTheDeadSgtSalami
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831

It's pretty clear from Shteevie's comment that NG will only change up the TG store if we're not buying. So the real solution is not to buy anything from the TG store until they offer what you want.

Agreed, though your post could be construed as a call for a boycott, and that's not the way I agree.

I look at it like this: it's a shop.

When I go to the store, any store, I only buy what I want to buy, and only if I can buy it for a price that I am willing to buy. If a computer is what I want, I spend no more than x amount of currency.

I apply the same principle to the TG store (or basically anything in live that involves me letting go of stuff I own, be it virtual or phisical, but I digress).

1. Do I want it?
    No: move on.
    Yes: next question.
    2. Do I agree with the price?
    No: move on.
    Yes: buy it.

I think this principle goes for everyone.

Take this behaviour from thousands of people and you find out if your shop's pricing and/or offering is effective. If it is not, you adjust it.

I can live quite contentedly with this system. In fact, I grew up with it. As have we all.
    GovernatorNorCallifer69[Deleted User]AmelyIRONDeeFester17PimpOfTheDeadSlowMo
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,068
    edited September 2016
    @nickc25

Sleep? Well, you just have to time your sleeping accordingly. Who cares about work and stuff? :p
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    AmelyFester17
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Felio said:

I finally built my outpost, since we can't lose trade goods from raids anymore. So mission accomplished there. Now my only concern is that issue with getting locked out of the game while someone is raiding me. I hope that fix is coming along; I know I read it is a goal.

Next I'll have to see if the new TG shop can entice me to beef up defense and try to get above bronze. It remains unclear what that would require of me. The "Cycles" tab says "Silver 1000+." 1,000 what? Butts? I guess I reach each reward tier by reaching a set number of butts? How do I make my butts number go up? Attacking, defending...?

The gold emblem must also mean butts, right? Even though it doesn't say "Silver (emblem) 1000+." It only appears in the "Resets to ___" line below it. But they must be counting the same thing.

-Replace the word 'butts' with influence [the gold star / pentagon icon], and you have it mostly right. Successful attacks get you Influence when you kill the defenders, and successful defenses get you influence if your walkers or defenders kill the attackers.

When your influence reaches certain thresholds, you get rewards. If you get above 5,000, your influence will drop back down at the end of the cycle [each cycle is 2 weeks long]. Other cool stuff may happen with a high influence, and we will probably find new things the add to make a high influence score valuable to people who like to engage in PvP.

Or, just gather your TG, check out the shop periodically, and... hold on to your butts... if you are looking for something specific to appear.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    Felio
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2016
    FeeFiFoFum

Wrong Thread :wink:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    SgtSalami
  • NorCallifer69NorCallifer69 Member Posts: 32
    null
    So basically play or don't! I'd be interested to know if ng shares the mods attitude here.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,200
    MadPuppy said:

It's pretty clear from Shteevie's comment that NG will only change up the TG store if we're not buying. So the real solution is not to buy anything from the TG store until they offer what you want.

Agreed, though your post could be construed as a call for a boycott, and that's not the way I agree..
    I was not suggesting a boycott. Only that no one should feel compelled to spend trade goods if the store does not offer what they want. Hopefully if people are not buying, NG will change the offerings to make it more attractive to people.

I'm still trying to figure out though why why NG is concerned about us hoarding trade goods, then doesn't want us to spend our trade goods (as evidenced by not allowing offers to be purchased multiple times).
    Tony1
  • Pollux85Pollux85 Member Posts: 2
    I wasn't expecting it with this update, but is there any news on a timeline for when more story missions might be released? Can we expect something by the end of October? By the end of the year?
    SgtSalami
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Shteevie said:

Store restoke how does this work? Do you bave different pools that each those of crate is separted into or is it possible we could have an entire store full of tokens.? Are restocks also completely random, so in theory you could wait a fair while to get a crate you want?

-All fair questions. I didn't code the store, so I'll give you what I think the answers are. Mind you that these could change based on the data we gather from here out:

TG Shop slots have different pools that they draw from. My current store offers 2 rarities of crates, for instance. I think tokens only appear in some slots, and never in others. I think that the restocks try not to repeat, but I'm not sure that you are guaranteed a set cycle of items, or that a given item will appear at least once every X restocks.

Free Stuff

-If you don't like my free stuff, you are welcome not to claim it. We do track how many players update and log in separately from the number that claim the gifts, so we'll be able to tell. Oddly, the number of unclaimed gifts is always very low...

Possible Overwatch Change 2.2

-Lazer Squad didn't run on a mobile device with a 4-inch screen, had more discrete inputs than a single touch surface, and didn't cater to players of all skill levels. That is all to say that not all solutions from one title are good for another. I don't see us adding any other decision points to the average turn in the game. Overwatch is an important part of game strategy, but it's never been intended that Overwatch be relied on as a main path to victory across all the content in the game.

My personal guess is that you'll be using it a bit less than you do now, once all the other bits and bobs we have planned are implemented, but both the implementation of Overwatch and that list of bits and bobs will be a constantly fluctuating, never-quite-finished process.

And thanks a lot for the kind words. You and the others who have had good things to say about the update have really kept us afloat over here in the offices today.
    Shteevie said:

Store restoke how does this work? Do you bave different pools that each those of crate is separted into or is it possible we could have an entire store full of tokens.? Are restocks also completely random, so in theory you could wait a fair while to get a crate you want?

-All fair questions. I didn't code the store, so I'll give you what I think the answers are. Mind you that these could change based on the data we gather from here out:

TG Shop slots have different pools that they draw from. My current store offers 2 rarities of crates, for instance. I think tokens only appear in some slots, and never in others. I think that the restocks try not to repeat, but I'm not sure that you are guaranteed a set cycle of items, or that a given item will appear at least once every X restocks.

Free Stuff

-If you don't like my free stuff, you are welcome not to claim it. We do track how many players update and log in separately from the number that claim the gifts, so we'll be able to tell. Oddly, the number of unclaimed gifts is always very low...

-Lazer Squad didn't run on a mobile device with a 4-inch screen, had more discrete inputs than a single touch surface, and didn't cater to players of all skill levels. That is all to say that not all solutions from one title are good for another. I don't see us adding any other decision points to the average turn in the game. Overwatch is an important part of game strategy, but it's never been intended that Overwatch be relied on as a main path to victory across all the content in the game.

My personal guess is that you'll be using it a bit less than you do now, once all the other bits and bobs we have planned are implemented, but both the implementation of Overwatch and that list of bits and bobs will be a constantly fluctuating, never-quite-finished process.

And thanks a lot for the kind words. You and the others who have had good things to say about the update have really kept us afloat over here in the offices today.
    Shteevie said:

Free Stuff

Sorry I didn't delete the irrelevant parts,.. As on over watch you say we'll probably use it a bit less,.. If that's the case why is there so many new traits designed to aid the over watch function,.. Ie;- vigilant,. Defensive stance to name but a few,..
    Seems to me the traits will become practically useless and disappointing as much of the new survivors from calls seem to come with the over watch traits
    SgtSalami
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @Top8dog Any reason for the triple-quote?

When I say that I think you'll use Overwatch less, that's my personal prediction, not a goal of the team. I'm specifically referencing players that habitually end turns and try to only use Overwatch, or those who were relying on super-dodge or ranged interrupt. All those strats will still be good, but they will hopefully be challenged by other strats. We want the Overwatch-centered traits to still be worth seeking out and building around. Sorry for overplaying that hand.

@Pollux85 I don't know if I'd call them Story missions per se, but there are quite a few Episodes coming sooner than many might realize. We do plan to continue our game story as soon as we have a moment to breathe.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    PapacasATLAS-Z
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Felio said:

Next I'll have to see if the new TG shop can entice me to beef up defense and try to get above bronze.

Just stay at the lower tiers. I´m in the second lowest and it´s already crowded with level 19 defenders and high levelled walker pits ;)
    SgtSalamiFelio
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    @THX_1138
    Shteevie explained that the shop now offers basic items. It is stocked in the current 'normal' way. I use quotes, because everything is changeable as feedback inspires. But that issue aside, Shteevie also indicated that Next *will* be adding other things from time to time. Like specific gear. He said that this way we would be able to buy specific gear from the shop instead of having to spend on crates without knowing beforehand what we were going to get. This way Next understands we will have some TG accumulating over time, but they hope to make future offers that are nice enough for us to blow that TG on, feeling happy we had some laid back.

At least, that's how I interpret the stuff I've read today, and it sounds good to me.
    ant
  • FLWillFLWill Member Posts: 71
    @Shteevie , first of all, thanks for responding to so many questions, complaints, etc. You truly are appreciated in this forum. It appears you've addressed most issues for me in some form or fashion, but you didn't respond to my question regarding the reduction of TG's each major update. The reduction (or replacement) of Guild TGs to radios drastically reduces the amount of XP & supplies we got from those crates. This seems to hinder our upgrading process vs improve it. Does your team discuss returning (or adding) TGs for players? Can you shed some light on this, or are we going to make up for those elsewhere somehow?
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988

-Fixing of the super-dodging and other traits is happening in 2.2, and will be a continuing effort for many updates to come. With the new rewards structure for Outposts, sprinting to the TG is a viable strategy, and this was done on purpose.

This is really bad as a software development company.
    I put this bug in the same category as the bugged hero traits. These should have been fixed immediately. There should have been a 2.0.1 update that fixed this. Don't wait to bundle it altogether with an update. Release the bug fixes immediately.
    gespuer
    Store
    Im ok with the restocking of the store. Although the lack of all options is a little annoying.
    I do believe this affects the players that have stockpiled the rewards. It will be very slow for them to get through it all.
    But it wouldnt be that hard to use the TG the same day/next day you received them.
    Whats the max that is likely to get in a challenge (espeically now that half the rewards are phones, and there are likely to be less repeatables going forward).
    THX_1138 said:

Lucky me! I currently have 101,786 TG which I was holding from before the update, hoping to blow them in a huge blast once 2.1 came out, and so far I've bought one item. My store has four slots of items I don't want or need, but have to stare at for several more hours before something I might want *may* come up again.

On the bright side, it looks like I'll probably NEVER run out of TG, as it's going to take years for me to spend the ones I have, let alone what I accumulate as I go...

It would have been nice to have a bit of a warning before the update that this was going to happen.
    @Teeceezy, is it possible to give us a few days where the store is completely open. All goods, all the time, so we can use what has been built up.
    rgerkmanFester17
  • thot47thot47 Member Posts: 16
    @Shteevie
    Can you shed some light on why creates are limited now?

Anyways, as I mentioned, the TG shop wants to be visited often. It always has something new to offer, and will be full of rotating special offers. We don't want you to feel like you are missing something, so offers will come frequently. We don't want you to save up for an item you assume will always be there, to the detriment to everything else that we're presenting to you. We don't want you to show up, dump a huge stash on only one item, and then ignore the TG shop for several days -that's how you might miss out on something you would rather have bought instead.

You dont want us to spend all at one place and miss out on opportunity to buy other stuff?
    I feel like you re a dictator right now....
    You shouldnt take away our freedom of buying what we want. you re not giving us any option your just tieing our hands together and force us to buy what we dont want just because we ll have extra tg for not being able to spend it on what I WANT ...This is not a solution. You should put better deal on other stuff instead with different event..
    Imagine you re going to the store but only allowed to buy only 1 items of half the store but if what you want is in the other half you have to comeback 6h later wouldnt that suck?
    Im sure its gonna work. Poeple will buy different stuff but not cause they want.
    If you wanna sell something put it 25% off and we ll consider it. Dont make me spend MY EARNED TG the way you want
    NorCallifer69Fester17SgtSalami
    Outposts.
    Still don't like that we don't lose TG. The TG in the final crate only is great. And it makes sense. Why the hell would an opponent store TG outside their camp?
    But it should be our TG we lose.
    And becase we know it was a range that you could win (300-600ish), but you would lose 10%, why not just limit it to the 300-600 range.
    So worse case a player could only lose up to 1800 a day
    Monsuta said:

Shut_Up said:

Was the walker pit nerf on purpose or by accident? Finally those people with walker levels of 2 have an advantage in outposts over those who fully upgraded their pit and maxed the walker levels and number of walkers.

Those with low walkers number have the advantage to not letting attackers charge-up their special ability before opening the gate is unfair.
    Yeah, I mentioned the same thing. We could see immediately it was going to benefit them.
    Invader
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited September 2016
    Please Lower the "Reboot" Time of TG Store to 4hrs !!! It just might make people much happier than waiting every 7hrs!!!
    Or something of the sort lol
    :grimace: :mrgreen: :wink:

Puh Puh Puh Plllleeeaaaassssseeeee?!?!!?! :kissing_heart:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    MizTyInvader[Deleted User]LadyAquila