TG Shop: What are YOU spending on?

General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990

TG Shop: What are YOU spending on? 54 votes

Regular Tokens
18%
Neil_JtembelJesterRadicsInspTurbinesRikiKovinKelvSGGeneral_QuatreAmelyNataNxySurvivor6ix 10 votes
Hero Tokens
20%
VerbaubAnnette578[Deleted User]IRONDeedeb1hdBigFellaStevecarl199010KRustysmith16ShteevieMonsuta 11 votes
Radios
25%
Pain WalkerstephcurryBuckzzSmittYGovernatorSipher07TheLostOnesKaiserSlowMola_ll64MwallaDelusoryRealmChunkztheken73 14 votes
Epic Gear Crates
3%
GreenBalloonPR0DJ 2 votes
Legendary Gear Crates
12%
Animesh101PapacasshakhidsligoemxyzGladiboosh 7 votes
Silver/Gold/Rare Crates
18%
8900rpmZeena[Deleted User]Passive_MavFLWillJayZBonztalliniejimmydawiseDeeLHC 10 votes

Comments

• Fester17Fester17 Member Posts: 683
    Haven't seen Legendary crates yet. was going to buy 100 gold crates, but the update nixed that idea.
    Elder and recruiter for FearTheDead

Passive_MavInvaderFLWill
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    All of the Above?

Whatever seems like the Best Deal?

Nothing?

Idk yet :joy:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    JadenMizTyDeeLHCDoTak
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Too early to tell
    I have not had my first re-stock finish yet
    NCDawgFan
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Regular Tokens
    Mostly out of sheer curiosity, but also trying to get some advice and do some data-gathering...I'm pretty darn happy with my Gear as it is, and I don't really need anything from the gold crates (supplies maxed out, XP is close enough that I don't need it now), and I'm completely ignoring heroes because I just don't care.

I just did some basic math on Radio buying vs. Token purchasing (non-Heroes, which also happen to be much cheaper) and came up with the following (correct me if you see an error in thinking here):
    - Buying Tokens straight up cost 75TG/token (600 for 8 Tokens)
    - Buying the radios lets you do ONE 15-call for 9000TG. Therefore...
    - Getting all Rares from the call nets you 281TG/token (32 tokens for a 9000TG/15-radio call)
    - Getting an Epic nets you 70TG/token (128 tokens for a 9000TG/15-radio call)
    - Getting a Legendary nets you 35TG/token (256 tokens for a 9000TG/15-radio call)

Does that look right to you all? It seems that just doing the straight-up radio calls is the most reliable and efficient, since the odds of getting an Epic or Legendary are slim. Even if you get an Epic every few calls, it's about the same as buying them so it would not even out. You really only win out if you get lucky with a Legendary.

Someone with better number-crunching skills can review the numbers in conjunction with the Radio-Pull percentages for a more complete analysis, but I'm thinking I'm just gonna splurge on the hero tokens I most want.

It's also worth noting that while you may (if VERY lucky) net more tokens with radio calls, you don't have as much say in which class they're for, plus you may risk having hero tokens thrown in too, further reducing your odds.

Thoughts?
    DLich
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,740
    Silver/Gold/Rare Crates
    I'm still building up my camp and survivors and I'm also looking for better gear, so I definitely have a strong preference for gold crates as they kind of check all of the boxes.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    Passive_MavBlack_JackDoTakZeena
  • Hero Tokens
    I'm spending on regular and hero tokens. The tokens are a better deal in the shop ATM than spending TG's on the phones (for people who tend to make lots of one and five phone calls).
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,193
    I'm not spending TG on tokens until I can buy tokens in higher quantities than 8, or perhaps buy low numbers of tokens multiple times.

I *might* spring for the 30 radios for 15,000 TG crate, or if they have legendary gear specific to a certain class.
    Invader
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Hero Tokens
    2 Glenn tokens short to promote him to Rare, after that is the normal Gold/Epic/Legendary crates.
  • Hero Tokens
    @Monsuta said:

2 Glenn tokens short to promote him to Rare, after that is the normal Gold/Epic/Legendary crates.

I need 4 more tokens just to open Jesus. Hoping to see him in my shop soon.

• MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    Possibly all of the above!

I'll be tailoring my spends on whatever I need at the time. I've never bought leg crates, but if need gear, may go down epic crate route, as have had decent & leg gear out of that before. Or saving to purchase if an event is done re specific piece of equipment I needed (esp decent warrior armor or assault rifle).

Bought tokens earlier as could level up a trait on my hunter.

May get phones if an event was on and i wanted to get some calls done.
  • Passive_MavPassive_Mav Member Posts: 40
    Silver/Gold/Rare Crates
    Most of my TG has always gone into gold crates and occasional legendary because getting millions of XP and resources has been taking forever. I'll see if this "event" does anything to speed that up but probably won't in the long run. I'd rather not play if it comes to it.

My priority:
    Train up 6 of my survivors to the next level
    Find gear for them
    Upgrade my best gear for my best survivors

eta... 3 months maybe 4-6 without regular gold crates
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    Hero Tokens
    DarkFae said:

@Monsuta said:

I need 4 more tokens just to open Jesus. Hoping to see him in my shop soon.

I need 500 more tokens just to open Michonne, 240 for Carol, 218 for Rick, and 86 for Maggie. :#
    Maybe before the end of this year I can unlock all of them if I got lucky lol
    [Deleted User]Invader
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited September 2016
    Regular Tokens
    I needed 12 more Hunter tokens to promote to Legendary.
    It let me buy 1x8 once, where 2x8 would have been enough, so still 4 tokens short.
    God alone knows how long I'll have to wait for another chance!
    Grrrrrrrrrr :#
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    EL34xyzggbatsInspTurbines
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    Shorter restock times will be the next forum chant
    ggbatsDoTak
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I'm buying the same things I was before update: gold crates and epic equipment. But now I'm also buying some of the normal tokens. I'm not buying hero tokens, legendary crates, or rare crates. I haven't bought radios yet. I'm still not sure it's worth the price. I don't think I've seen silver crates, but would probably buy them.
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Radios
    Shorter restock times!
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    edited September 2016
    I have been nabbing the gold box whenever it pops up, and buying the shit out of tokens. i have an epic I dont want to buy yet and a rare that will sit there until I want it gone sometime in the far-flung future.
    I still haven't noticed if items clear out without purchasing or does it have to "restock" before it will change.

I am both pretty lucky and patient when it comes to radios. I hover around 400 for a legendary event and make a call every day or two whenever I hit 415. I wont blow tg or cash on radios. The exchange rate on them is fucking terrible, it's like playing 20$ slots.

Digging the hell out of the randomized tg shop. Granted you won't get everything you want all of the time, opening that tab for wellfare gold and browsing the new stuff every restock is a nice surprise every 8 hours. Breaks up the monotony.
  • SpacemanSpiffSpacemanSpiff Member Posts: 634
    Where's the "all of the above" button?
    rgerkman
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Legendary Gear Crates
    One Leg crate so far. Happy that I spent over 50k TGs before update. Lets see how the TG shop will evolve.
  • BigFellaSteveBigFellaSteve Member Posts: 117
    Hero Tokens
    i don't see 600 goods for 8 tokens as a good deal at all...rather take my chances on the radio calls for that
    KelvSG
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    @BigFellaSteve you can buy 1 radio from the TG shop for 600 TG's or get 8 survivor tokens for 600 TG's but you aren't guaranteed an uncommon survivor (8 tokens collected) from a single radio call.

TG's are easy to earn (since most shops earn 560 in 8 hours it's literally just battling one outpost and waiting like an hour and you have enough.

I personally plan to buy survivor tokens everytime they are offerred. Hero tokens I'm on the fence about.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MrsScattercushionPigCarolWannabe
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Everything since its free Trade Good season.
    Eire1916
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    Regular Tokens
    @BigFellaSteve said:

i don't see 600 goods for 8 tokens as a good deal at all...rather take my chances on the radio calls for that

8 token is uncommon call. Does 1 radio guarantee a uncommon ? 75% u got a common call of 2 token.

Assuming u wanna collect radio to make 15x call. That 9000 TG required. And if i was to spend all 9000 TG on token, i also gurantee a total of 120 token. Only 12 short of epic call. I rather take that.
    Hero Tokens
    @DLich
    i see your point but 8 tokens when I'm trying to upgrade lvl 18/19 epics to legendary is gonna take me a very long time

im not earning any tg from outpost...as with the changes its now near impossible to beat outposts with lvl 19s defending...

I've not got any heroes...other than Daryl...but i was lucky enough to find jesus this morning so if i can get glenn or jesus tokens I'm happy
    Hero Tokens
    @KelvSG

when i meant take my chances on radios...i meant with a 15 call...but i wouldn't buy radios for 600 either...just the ones collected from my guild or ones I've found..
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2016

@DLich
    i see your point but 8 tokens when I'm trying to upgrade lvl 18/19 epics to legendary is gonna take me a very long time

im not earning any tg from outpost...as with the changes its now near impossible to beat outposts with lvl 19s defending...

I've not got any heroes...other than Daryl...but i was lucky enough to find jesus this morning so if i can get glenn or jesus tokens I'm happy

That's nonsense its easy to beat a level 19 Walker Outpost in less than 90 Seconds for the TG, even as fast as 45 seconds if the outpost is under powered.

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    edited September 2016

...but i was lucky enough to find jesus this morning

Ok on a serious note, I do understand it's a slow pace, but personally I think it's a great option. To each their own :)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    rgerkmanDoTakCarolWannabeJaden
    Hero Tokens
    :D:D:D
    DLich said:

...but i was lucky enough to find jesus this morning

Ok on a serious note, I do understand it's a slow pace, but personally I think it's a great option. To each their own :)
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Regular Tokens
    Although you can only tick one box, I've been buying a variety of things except hero tokens.
    I have Daryl (as we all do) which I wouldn't have by choice, Jesus who admittedly is pretty handy with gold sweep and I'll have Maggie eventually. I am not even remotely interested in any others tbh.
    More zeroes than heroes imho.
    Now, if I could get Nick and his stash from FTWD................ ;)
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)