iOS 10 cinema and Ads after missions (warning)

For iPhone users out there, I've been on iOS 10 since beta 5, and am now running thr GM version, to be released tomorrow (9/13). The Cinema does not work, nor do the ads after missions. So keep this in mind before upgrading. I posted a thread in the bugs section and tagged @Shteevie and @OldGoth

Cheers all.
SgtSalamijimmydawiseWalkerBait1tembelgespuerMrsScattercushionSCBMA

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,523
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    WalkerBait1
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,171
    I appreciate the heads up! I'll hold off on the update until NG fixes the bugs. Having just gotten my videos back, I don't want to lose them again!
    WalkerBait1
  • WalkerBait1WalkerBait1 Member Posts: 1,060
    Definitely thanks for heads up on this I will be passing this on :)

“Simply put, there’s a vast ocean of shit you people don’t know shit about. Rick knows every fine grain of said shit, and then some.”

DeadFamily Guilds Leader
    Line Me - WalkerBait1
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/3032/the-original-deadfamily-deadfamily2-3-official-guild-thread#latest - Click link for The Original ☠DeadFamily & DeadFamily2,3☠️ Guild Thread☠
    Member of the Empty memorial Club Veteran Survivalist
    Get Ur Dead On!!!!
  • rachel227rachel227 Member Posts: 18
    I'm looking at iOS 10 and watching a video and just tried the cinema. Not sure why I can but you can't @CrowTRobot.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    @rachel227 because even though they tell us the cinema and crate reward videos are fixed and improved, they never actually do anything to fix them. I try the cinema once every few weeks and find that it STILL cuts into my crate reward videos. Went 24 hours once without an extra crate unlock. Also, no one really notices or cares when threads get posted, which is sad, because we're wasting the opportunity to get precious resources.

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/15629/video-crate-unlocks-still-glitchy#latest
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Well, we do care. I know that. I also know that we're not actually in control of the ad delivery. Mobile game ads is infinitely more convoluted than I think is necessary, but then again I'm not the person who manages it.

Depending on your region, the number of ads available changes, and the way the different middleman companies divvy them out is also variable. I might experiment with looking for videos just after midnight if you are still up, because I would guess that these allotments roll over with the date, but this is pure speculation on my part.

I also know I have seen the number of videos change here in Finland as well, so please don't consider this a "they don't care because it doesn't affect them" sort of thing. It's that with the middlemen, we literally need to act every time we get a complaint, and there's no guarantee that they won't go back to the poor allocation the next day.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 97
    @rachel227 i upgraded a month ago to iOS 10, and have not seen 1 cinema or ad since. I still get them on my iOS 9.3.5 ipad. Thanks for the info. Maybe it is random, although i did try reinstalling the game, and that did not help either.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    I'm in the middle of downtown Washington, D.C., which I doubt is a region that should suffer from any shortage of ads. It's just a bit frustrating because I try to time my game play with when I expect crate unlock videos should be working correctly (based on the four per six hours rule), and then find that I either have to spend precious gold or forego gold crates when that doesn't work out, which is rough on a largely FTP player.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    RedEye52
  • MortmerMortmer Member Posts: 172
    I have been running iOS for several weeks now and am currently using the GM. Depending on my location I sometimes get movies after missions and sometimes not and suspect it may be due to connection speed. I am at work now on a very high speed connection and have just watched a movie after a mission as well as used the cinema.

• hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 198
    I'm not getting any advert movies after upgrading on iOS iPhone 6.
    exploiting the loophole loophole
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    Same here, no ads after upgrading to iOS 10
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
  • andy75andy75 Member Posts: 262
    1 ad in the last 48 hrs and still on iOS 9.3.5 so it's not entirely related to iOS 10
    christpuncher
    This is unrelated to any issues with the new 2.1 release of NML. I had the 10 beta for at least 1 month, and -0- ads or cinema since i installed. Just wanted there to be fair warning out there! Happy upgrading!
    my adds and cinema is back.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Thanks for the reports guys, will try and see what's going on here.
    GovernatorRick_ZKSugra
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    Same problem
    same same
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    I've been on iOS 10, since it came out, with no issues other than no ads in this game after challenges. I do not believe its iOS, it's NG, post 2.1 update.
    gespuer
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,432
    I'm on iOS 9.3.5 and I've lost all vids in last 24 hours. Nothing in Cinema or after missions. So, it may be a coincidence that they stopped after iOS 10 update. This seems to be an issue independent of what iOS being used.

I hope it gets fixed soon!
    christpuncher
  • DeucesDeuces Member Posts: 55
    I'm also on IOS 9.3.5, no cinema ads since 2.1 update, 1-2 per day after missions.
  • Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    I have no ads in any game since iOS 10. I think it have something to do with the new ad tracking limitations in the new iOS. I can't even change my limit ad tracking switch, this seems to be different in various parts of the world.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,432

I'm on iOS 9.3.5 and I've lost all vids in last 24 hours. Nothing in Cinema or after missions. So, it may be a coincidence that they stopped after iOS 10 update. This seems to be an issue independent of what iOS being used.

I hope it gets fixed soon!

Roughly 36 hours after last video, I just got one Cinema and one mission vid. I'll take that as improvement.
    I got 4 cinema ads, and 4 after missions just tonight. After a solid month of nothing. So let's hope
  • referee4referee4 Member Posts: 8
    None here in over 48 hrs.
  • christpuncherchristpuncher Member Posts: 13
    I think it's the 2.1 update... Haven't had any ads since I've updated. Still running 9.3.5 here.
    Deuces
  • JTannerJTanner Member Posts: 15
    iOS 10 here & I've also not had cinema nor after mission video ads since the 2.1 update.
    Co-Leader of Badger Hounds
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @TheLostSlayer Thanks good to know.
    But I would recommend people to first inform themselves what consequences that switch has.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    DeadBeat
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    Thanks for pointing that out @JackBauer I will add it to my post
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    Annette578
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited September 2016
    By the way, I am on pre-IOS 10 have have this Switch Enabled (means no AD Tracking) but never had an issue with the videos.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities