Threat Reduction (Scout Weapon)

Have read about threat reduction in the forum, but not used. I have two scout weapons with threat reduction:

1. Rare Level 19: 25% threat reduction, 10% luck, 80% interrupt

2. Epic Level 17: 10% swift strike, 10% luck, 75% threat reduction

Would equip for 1 of three scouts:
Leg L19 w/ luck, retaliate, dodge, bullet dodge, strong
Leg L19 w/ luck, retaliate, dodge, iron skin, power strike
Epic Glenn

Given low level of the weapons I have with the trait, are either worth upgrading? Also seems this trait only applies to scout weapons, or is it also available in other classes? Thanks!

Comments

• PuppyVomitPuppyVomit Member Posts: 29
    I use this weapon trait on a couple of my scouts to help control longer mission creep spawns, its not "immediate" like other crowd control measures but on maps where I know I have to baby-step my way throughout the mission map in order to avoid delays due to long hospital stays it pays off by keeping the countdown spawns low, or even non-existent.

Try it, see if it is useful to you.
    sligoem
  • tinytuna007tinytuna007 Member Posts: 336
    edited September 2016
    I love the threat reduction trait. I have all the weapons with all the old traits, so I decided to upgrade the new traits, see how they work. If you've never used this trait then you probably don't know what it does. When you use a scout with this trait it reduces the amount of Walkers that will be released when that countdown Runs Out. I think this is great for the higher levels.
    Eh Family Recruiter Contact me at [email protected] to join!
    MizTy
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    Thanks @PuppyVomit & @tinytuna007. Not excited to spend resources on a rare or lower level epic weapon. Have been waiting for a better version to drop, but am anxious to try the trait, so will upgrade one of them to check it out. I'm sure after I do that I'll get an L19 Leg version and get to start over again! : )
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    @sligoem I have a 75% Threat Reduction combined with 15% Weapon Luck and 12% Survivor Luck. It works as a charm.
    Sometimes I'm wondering where all the walkers have gone and why the screen is so empty. B)

But as this trait only works with a kill you better not use Level17 and just go for the level19 weapon. You will be disappointed at higher levels when you
    can't get rid of the walkers.

Also please note that the levels of the walker spawning still increases although no walker spawns. That means next round they will be 2 level higher unless you anti-threat them all again before.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    sligoem
    Many thanks @JackBauer , greatly appreciate it!
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    I had a wep with 100% threat reduce. Very useful for missions that you need guns for.
    Good luck, dumbass
    sligoem
    Thanks @SynapseRanger - I've upgraded the epic version for highest % and will give it a go.