iOS 10 cinema and Ads after missions (warning)

Comments

• Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    I can't change my switch.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,348
    Just switched it off and my cinema came back immediately! Thanks @TheLostSlayer !
    DeadBeat
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    The switch worked for me and I got videos again. Also try the "Reset Advertising Identifier"
    DeadBeat
  • JTannerJTanner Member Posts: 14
    Can confirm this worked for me as well. Never had to switch that off before though...
    DeadBeat
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    @Teeceezy
    Intresting readback.

Glad 4 all that this is getting solved for you guys.
    TeeceezyDeadBeat
    edited September 2016
    Works for me again. I haven't changed anything.
    My other games still doesn't work.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
  • GagaGaga Member Posts: 18
    I have no after mission ads after 2.1 update. I was on iOS 9 and am now on iOS 10. The cinema works as always.

The switch in the privacy settings didn't work for me.

The rubbish about regions with more or less ads and so on is absolutely nonsense. I play this game for almost a year now and I had after mission ads every single day - till 2.1.
    Kermyt
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 94
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie

I'm in US and did the following: (running iOS 10)
    I turned off "Limit AD Tracking" in privacy->Advertising, closed and re-launched game, and the ADs after missions worked.
    I turned "Limit AD Tracking" back on, then restarted the game, ran a mission and the ADs were gone.
    I turned "Limit AD Tracking" back off, restarted game, and the ADs were working again.

So from US perspective this seems to work and is repeatable, even though the entire time I've been playing this game on iOS 9, I've always had "Limit AD Tracking" ON, and ADs always worked.

ShteevieIRONDee
  • Taz1Taz1 Member Posts: 20
    I had only received a couple add video options since the NG update. I just tried the fix and the videos are back. I missed out on multiple gold tickets though.
  • michealomichealo Member Posts: 10
    Cheers, TheLostSlayer

Fixed my theatre with your tip
    DeadBeat
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    I had cinema before 2.1 update. Not one since then.
    Felecia
  • FeleciaFelecia Member Posts: 340
    I restarted my devices and now iciness is working again.
    Felecia
    DeadBeat
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    No ads for 3 additional chests on my Android tablet since the update here.
    Kermyt
  • StukStuk Member Posts: 5
    Yeah, I am on Android tablet and no videos after missions now. :(
    Kermyt
    Once again no videos at all
  • jimmydawisejimmydawise Member Posts: 69
    Reset "Limit AD Tracking" doesn't work for me on iOS 10 with new phone... My old game on the previous phone with iOS 9.3.5 still load the cinema after mission...
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    Have tried "the fix" three times - no joy. Everything worked fine after iOS 10, including this game and all other apps and games on my iPad Air 2. NG's update 2.1 came after my iOS update was proven sound. Since their update the post-mission ads are gone. Do the math....
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 983
    So, playing on my IPad2 9.3.5 and have had very few problems with videos in the past. I did some post mission videos early Saturday morning, but ever since I purchased a gas booster Saturday night, haven't seen it since. The cinema is fine though. Any thoughts @MadPuppy? Not a deal breaker, but fairly annoying.
    Unfortunately I cannot add anything to this that has not already been said in the previous posts.
    You can always send in a support ticket.

If anything new is known about about current issues in this area @Teeceezy or @Shteevie might be able to shed light on it.
  • jimmydawisejimmydawise Member Posts: 69
    Unfortunately support replied me with what I can find in this forum... Also they have standard reply saying something like depends on locations you might not have ads... blah blah blah

To be honest, I'm sure most of us have the ads working for us in the past before... I've played since October last year, always have more ads after 6 hours...
    mongo911
  • BttlOpenerBttlOpener Member Posts: 983
    Thank you for the reply @MadPuppy . Didn't mean to single you out but it would be great if you could pass this info on to @Teeceezy and @Shteevie . Not sure how the regions work, but I live in Milwaukee, WI USA. It might be a device or region thing.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I'm hearing that we're not the only game in town to have our ad revenue hit by changes in iOS 10. I'm not in the group that handles the relationships with the ad middlemen, so I dunno how progress is coming along. I'm hoping for a fix either from our end or from apple soon.

Frankly, the US should be the one region least affected by ads, as they are the most lucrative market for them. This shows that it's a global issue [I mean that geographically and also magnitude-ally].
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Shteevie

One of my guild buddys has the problem too, we are in the Netherlands
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    edited September 2016
    Zero ads today. US - New York
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    I'm in the Netherlands, and I have ads as per usual.
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @MadPuppy serieus?! Zit je hier?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    MadPuppy
  • MarsOneMarsOne Member Posts: 65
    It is not exclusive to IOS devices. Android 6.0.1 here in Aus.
    Kermyt
  • Wr3ckWr3ck Member Posts: 18
    My cinema hasn't worked on my iPad since I upgraded to iOS 10 but still works on my iPhone, which hasn't been updated.