So are we allowed a single thread to talk about FtWD? (Possible spoiler, read at your own risk)

blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
edited October 2016 in Off Topic Discussion
As per the title. Or is FtWD off limits as well?

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    Yes you are. Moving to OT.
  • deb1hddeb1hd Member Posts: 333
    I enjoy FTWD also. I think what I like about it is the fact for those of us who have read the comics. We don't know what will happen in FTWD. Can't wait till this Sunday night.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    Thanks @Teeceezy, I was meant to do that. :)
    Teeceezy
    Yep. Nick has luck on his side. Lol
    InspTurbines
  • BigBaldEdBigBaldEd Member Posts: 130
    It dragged on for me. I loved the first half of the second season but.. Eh. Grotesque kind of failed to keep me entertained. Nothing against the actors, they all did great. Idk... I'll stick it out for a couple more episodes. Maybe it'll start sucking me back in.
    InspTurbines
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    When it was done I could think was ....

I can't wait for October ....
    [Deleted User]InspTurbines
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited August 2016
    Verbaub said:

When it was done I could think was ....

I can't wait for October ....

I thought the same thing. I actually got up to pop some popcorn out of boredom during last night's episode and realized that I didn't even wait for the commercial to do it after I was about halfway through the poping. This cast just doesn't seem to draw me into the story-line or plot as much as the cast from the parent show. I was hoping that now that parts of the main cast have been sent off into different directions (which would mean additional story-lines will be added) that the show would get more interesting but that has yet to occur for me.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,752
    It's following a similar storyline as Walking Dead. Cecilia's place = Herschel's Farm. I'm assuming the place Nick has found will be like the prison. The whole group will find their way there, then a gang of humans will attack and destroy it, scattering them all again. That'll be disappointing.
    mongo911InspTurbines
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    edited August 2016
    The only character that I like is Strand, and he has that deep rich luscious voice. If I were a female, he could charm my knickers right off! Yeah, it takes place in my little corner of the world...but it still has little else.
  • How did no one notice that Chris is a psycho-serial killer until the apocalypse? Surely that type of level of selfishness and self-interest should have rang some alarm bells somewhere else along the way.
    deb1hd[Deleted User]
    Chris has a dark side to him for sure. Hopefully he will wake up before he gets his dad killed.
    After watching Ep. 3, I'm kind of interested to see how this thread is going to play out. Travis can have no doubt about Chris now - how does he deal with it? Finally something interesting.

The whole scenario with Nick at the gang's supply depot was so stupid + contrived. I like that character less and less every episode
    Also the whole thing with banging on the piano in an unexplored unsecured friggin hotel??
    I know we all suspend disbelief for these kind of shows, but come on - that was totally ridiculous + again stupid.
    Are they trying to make it so we don't really care if these people die or not?
    And that whole "there's no zombies knowledge in their world" argument is bullshit - we're far enough into it at this point that if they haven't this basic stuff out they're just stupid.
    InspTurbines
    The zombies plummeting off the balconies was pretty cool though ... B)
    rgerkmandeb1hd
    I actually like the Talking Dead better than FTWD! Chris Hardwick was killing it! The "Bromigo" look like a deer caught in the headlights!
    The walkers plummeting and hearing them hit the pavement below...was a chilling reminder of 911 for me.
  • NOhesitationNOhesitation Member Posts: 17
    Love the show, it's been a bit slow the last couple of episodes but it will pick up..same thing happened in TWD.
    Im a couple of episodes behind, but its a bit weird when the girl has to jump onto the elevator wire to escape.
    The walkers sort of stop and lean out to grab her. It's like they were intentionally trying not to fall

And the ability to camouflage seems really powerful (I know they have used it a couple of times in TWD), but why would they not just permanently walk around being covered. Especially while looking through shops & houses etc.
    InspTurbines[Deleted User]
  • NOhesitationNOhesitation Member Posts: 17
    Right..fear picked up that trick quick...
    walker-guts active wear.. for that quick trip to the store without getting a bite to eat !!!
    InspTurbines
    Forgot i had posted in here, sooo the season has ended. Thoughts?

Glad killer Chris is dead, after he turned on his dad to shoot one third of the bromigos, brought out the rage in Travis which was a great change to see. N help him adapt to the walker world, hopefully. Wondering who the border dudes are that shot at Nick and the colonia crew and who captured Ofelia. Madison seems to also have a dark past like Hardwick predicted, that'll probably keep me curious about season 3. And also what will become of Strand...
    InspTurbines
    @tiwyg, totally agree. It was the first episode that actually sat riveted to the TV! Travis' character has finally evolved, and Madison...well they alluded to a past darkness.
    psychwolfBigBaldEd
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    BigBaldEd said:

Forgot i had posted in here, sooo the season has ended. Thoughts?

Glad killer Chris is dead, after he turned on his dad to shoot one third of the bromigos, brought out the rage in Travis which was a great change to see. N help him adapt to the walker world, hopefully. Wondering who the border dudes are that shot at Nick and the colonia crew and who captured Ofelia. Madison seems to also have a dark past like Hardwick predicted, that'll probably keep me curious about season 3. And also what will become of Strand...

Yeah, im so glad Chris is dead. He annoy the hell out of me ever since his mom died. Actually Nick also give me an annoying vibe at the start of the show.

Travis seem nice, but being nice in such situation also kinda pain in the ass.

Madison is just another annoying bitch. She totally risk her and liza life when they tried to get medication for Strand at the warehouse just because she heard the "gringo" and she totally assume that Nick. And then went on to switch on the hotel signboard attracting everyone to their hideout because she hope Nick able to see it. Then the next day, a swarm of survivor at the gate, but she still being cold-blooded not willing to open the gate UNTIL she saw Travis among the crowd.

She was also the 1 who set the rule that whoever attack their own people, will get exile. Yet she trying to talk her way out of trying not to get Travis exile cause that her husband. Eh ? That lady she almost exile also 1 of that group relative !

Ofelia from the innocent girl suddenly became an kickass chick, like WOAH ! similar to Carol if u ask me.

The only character that dont really piss me off was Alicia.
    BigBaldEd
    edited October 2016
    SPOILERS! Lol..

@KelvSG Haha, yeah now that you mention it Madison's antics have been pretty ridiculous. Even after resolving issues with Alicia at the end of the season they're still trying to find NICK?? After he abandoned them??... So stupid!

Yeah Nick was super annoying in the first season, he's grown on me since he's kicked his drug addiction and helped the community. Should have been more cautious about going towards the helicopter/border though... Think he would know by now in the zombie apocalypse humans can be just as deadly as the dead, especially after their run in with the US military! Pfft!

Agree about Ofelia, she's definitely a stronger character compared to the beginning of the show!
    edited October 2016
    Haven't watched it yet.
    But what should've have happened is that it seems like Chris would have died. But he didn't. Then they worked him into TWD timeline. Maybe he could be in Negans crew as a pyscho. Or someone that wants Negans place.

The TWD directer & writers could have actually made the character more watchable.