My Experience with TWD:NML so far

Hi everyone. I am Pale from Aussie Diggaz guild on iOS. Currently I am at level 25, and I'd like to share some tips/experience with the game.
- If you ever got trouble in Story Mode, I suggest you this Youtube Channel: Kapaoo iPhone game reviews, every mission's walkthrough is there.
- Bruiser's Charge gives a 3x3 grid stun. Scout's gives a Highly Critical Damage, Warrior's gives 2 attacks, Shooter's gives 1 free fire (no threat, 100% crit), Hunter's gives 100% Critical Damage, and Assault gives 100% stun in range.
- If you go on exploring, best formation is 3 Hunters. Clear the map first and then camp at the spawn side. Then clear everything comes up for maximum exp points. Save the charge for high-level spawns (example: if you have 3 level11 Hunter, save the charges for the turn of level 14,15 zombies's spawn). REMEMBER ONE THING: Experience is good, but DO NOT be greedy. I lost 2 Rare Hunters and 1 Legendary Assault because I was careless. In zombies' turn, a zombie moves 2 gird, which means you are safe when you are 4 grids away from it. Level 14, 15 zombie can 1-hit your level 11 Hunter. Be careful!
- On some Guild Challenges, if you have to open boxes that cause a zombie spawns <4 gird near you, better bring a Bruiser, so you can get the "No Damage" star. And when on low-level Challenge, if you take damage, I suggest you can Flee and redo it for 3 stars (of course, DO NOT redo Deadly Challenge, I lost 1 Hunter because I tried to redo a Deadly Challenge, lol. it was a mistake cause I thought I was on a normal mission.)
- An Assault's damage is low and the range is close. Really low in compare with Hunter. But he/she has AOE stun. So Assault is not a nuke class. (And my Assault was even a Legendary one).

Have fun!
Ceszar

Comments

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    After 1.3 patch it's no longer 'no damage' just 'no injury.'
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    Is that for real? If you flee, and come back, the mission is still the same? it's not increased difficulty?
    The difficulty level is increased based on the number of stars you have earned on that map. If you flee you get no stars, so the difficulty does not increase.

However, I think generally it's worth it to just continue on and get 2 stars. You still need to wait for fuel regardless, so may as well get what you can. More stars faster overall over time. Also, if you don't get 3 stars, sometimes the difficulty and gas cost won't increase because you didn't make it to the difficulty increase breakpoint.
    Ceszar
  • CeszarCeszar Member Posts: 91
    The difficulty of the challenge missions increases with the amount of times you complete the mission, that is, if you complete it once, the walkers will become stronger, regardless of how many stars you get, then it's highly recommended to maximize amount of stars you can earn before the mission becomes too difficult to get some star.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Sorry my poor english :|
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    @PaleSymphony In additional to what you said, it is noteworthy that the walkers walk up two spaces diagonally , which can confuse a lot of people , as the survivors walk only 2 spaces diagonally and 3 vertically and horizontally
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Be part of a Champions Guild: forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/925/top-7-watchmen-and-watchmen-2-is-recruiting-top-players#latest
    Ceszar said:

The difficulty of the challenge missions increases with the amount of times you complete the mission, that is, if you complete it once, the walkers will become stronger, regardless of how many stars you get, then it's highly recommended to maximize amount of stars you can earn before the mission becomes too difficult to get some star.

This is simply not true. :/ It's not the number of times you've completed a challenge, it's the number of stars you have in that challenge that determines the level of zombies you will face.

For example, if I get to 24 stars perfectly and someone else gets to 24 stars by getting 2 stars per map. The only difference will be they have paid more in gas and done the missions more. Then, at 24 stars both people will be facing the exact same level of zombies.
  • HeadhunterHeadhunter Member Posts: 199
    zoson said:

After 1.3 patch it's no longer 'no damage' just 'no injury.'

This is the one of the changes I like the most from this update. I hated losing a star just because my survivor got a paper cut during the mission.
    jureforjustice
    zoson said:

Ceszar said:

This is simply not true. :/ It's not the number of times you've completed a challenge, it's the number of stars you have in that challenge that determines the level of zombies you will face.

For example, if I get to 24 stars perfectly and someone else gets to 24 stars by getting 2 stars per map. The only difference will be they have paid more in gas and done the missions more. Then, at 24 stars both people will be facing the exact same level of zombies.
    Can you prove ir?
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    zoson
    Well, if you can't prove, just don't say this isn't true, say you don't know.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    Can YOU prove that it's based on number of attempts? I didn't think so.

It is also what the OP is saying, I was agreeing with him.
    zoson said:

Can YOU prove that it's based on number of attempts? I didn't think so.

It is also what the OP is saying, I was agreeing with him.

I can't prove it, but I didn't quote you saying that what you said is not true, I just say what I believe, if you don't agree and can't prove that I'm wrong, please, don't quote me saying I'm wrong.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
  • facemanakfacemanak Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2015
    @zoson is right. I attended this mission 4 times and all 4 times were 100% effective - I got 3 stars for every attempt.

4 attempts, 3 stars in each give 12 stars in total for mission.

But... @Ceszar didn't said that the number on a challenge icon is the number of attempts. He said that one successful attempt makes walkers stronger, no matter you gained 1, 2 or 3 stars. The more stars earned the much stronger walker we meet in challenge.
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    facemanak said:

But... @Ceszar didn't said that the number on a challenge icon is the number of attempts. He said that one successful attempt makes walkers stronger, no matter you gained 1, 2 or 3 stars. The more stars earned the much stronger walker we meet in challenge.

What I 'm trying to say is if you complete the mission, regardless of how many stars you get, fuel required Increase by 1, and the recommended level of survivals also, in short, if you complete a mission with only 1 star the recommended level and the required fuel will rise by 1, if you complete this mission with 3 stars, will the same thing happen.

I'm not 100% sure, but that is what I have observed, those who can post results which has achieved one or two stars will help to see if I'm right
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    edited November 2015
    Ceszar said:

facemanak said:

What I 'm trying to say is if you complete the mission, regardless of how many stars you get, fuel required Increase by 1, and the recommended level of survivals also, in short, if you complete a mission with only 1 star the recommended level and the required fuel will rise by 1, if you complete this mission with 3 stars, will the same thing happen.

I'm not 100% sure, but that is what I have observed, those who can post results which has achieved one or two stars will help to see if I'm right
    This is also not true. If you don't hit a fuel 'breakpoint' in stars, it won't increase. If you have 8 stars (2 perfect, 1 2 star), then you get 1 star, you will have 9 stars and the fuel cost will remain the same since fuel change occurs at 10 stars.

Also if you're NOT 100% sure you should not post things as fact. Let the big boys who actually have done the research respond.
    zoson said:

Ceszar said:

facemanak said:

This is also not true. If you don't hit a fuel 'breakpoint' in stars, it won't increase. If you have 8 stars (2 perfect, 1 2 star), then you get 1 star, you will have 9 stars and the fuel cost will remain the same since fuel change occurs at 10 stars.
    Still waiting some pics or video proving it, Until then, stop saying that what I say is not true, prove your point of view instead of quoting me, you're chasing me and it has been reported.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    I would like to say that I was wrong to say that the difficulty of missions increased every time you completed the missions actually like @zoson said, the difficulty increases with an established number of stars.
    It seems like every 3 star the difficulty increases, I had not noticed it before because very rarely did less than 3 stars.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited November 2015
    So... to attain the most star... Say I can end at 30 stars per mission. If I finish with 29... Would that mean I'm fighting difficulty similar to 27 stars?

If that is true... Time for me to get 2 star at 27 then 3 at 29, to get 32 star per mission!

I'll test this theory asap when I hit the 29->32 star mark. ATM, I've a mission at 30, so once I hit 29 with another mission, I can compare their "level X Survivors Recommended" and report back. Unless someone can do it at a lower star atm =P
    edited November 2015
    I think the difficulty is based on stars you earn for the mission. To fail in two missions in a row and get, for example, 1 & 2 stars for them is similar to success in one mission and get 3 stars. In the first case you get 3 stars and in the second case you get 3 stars. But the first case is more expensive because of a gas you burned for two attempts.
    There is no sense to simulate a bad game. The difficulty is the same, but the cost is higher...
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    Ceszar
    facemanak said:

I think the difficulty is based on stars you earn for the mission. To fail in two missions in a row and get, for example, 1 & 2 stars for them is similar to success in one mission and get 3 stars. In the first case you get 3 stars and in the second case you get 3 stars. But the first case is more expensive because of a gas you burned for two attempts.
    There is no sense to simulate a bad game. The difficulty is the same, but the cost is higher...

Exactly it!
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    @facemanak In this image you can see how work the increase in difficulty, see that the deadly mission has 17 stars, I completed 5 times with 3 stars and 1 time with two stars, in short, I completed this mission 6 times. Other missions with 18 stars I also completed 6 times, only with 3 stars, but they require 8 fuel and recommends lvl 10 survivors, while the deadly require 7 fuel and lvl 9 survivors. Thus, the modifier difficulty is the amount of stars, I think every 3 stars difficulty increases, but I could not be sure of that

Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    facemanak
    @Ceszar, can I reserve a place in your guild? :) I see it's doing well. The guild where I'm in now is lost. Guildmaster stopped playing, teammates slowly collect stars. No words can help them. I wrote a lot in the guild chat to encourage them or to answer their questions but no sense. Twenty people collected about 480 stars where 106 are mine.... :(
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    @facemanak Sure mate, you can garantee at least 100 star per event?
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
    edited November 2015
    Ceszar said:

@facemanak Sure mate, you can garantee at least 100 star per event?

I already have 114. And hope I passed this test? :) "Event" means the entire weekly challenge? :)
    But I would like to finish this event with my team, don't like to abandone something in a half way... Hope you understand me. :)
    Best regards,
    facemanak.
    No problem, mate, we'll waiting you.
    Leader of Watchmen
    #1 Brasil Ranking
This discussion has been closed.