Great results from Radio calls after maxing out camp buildings

Ok, I have had horrible luck in the past with pulling great srvrs on radio calls
Maybe 4 months ago was the last time I pulled two legendaries
An assault and a shooter and that was my entire legendary inventory up until this week

Since 4 months ago I have had horrible luck with radio pulls
So I started farming cans and updated every building in my camp
Instead of rushing ahead to update my srvrs to level 18, I sat and spent zillions of cans to upgrade everything in my camp to the max
Except for supplies, because I can currently hold more supplies that I need to spend for the next council upgrade

So this week I started using up my radio stash with my maxed out camp and level 17 srvrs
And this time my radio pull luck changed big time
I only did 5 of the 10 radio calls to try and get some Daryl tokens
I got 8 daryl tokens via the 10 calls
I am convinced the 10 calls suck and 15 calls are the only way to go
And so I switched to 15 calls for all the rest of my radios

My 15 calls resulted in this
I pulled two legendary Assaults, one legendary bruiser and 6 epic srvrs this week.
I cashed in several of the epics for tokens
I traded out a couple epics for epics I had with undesirable traits
I got enough tokens to make two of my epics traits all 4's, so now they are a few tokens away from legendary

Here's some pics of some of my pulls this week

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two new legendary assaults. I have 3 now :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One new legendary bruiser, so now I have two. One lame bruiser left that I keep just to do quest

One new epic hunter and Daryl is only 108 tokens away from being legendary

Enough shooter tokens to make one shooters traits all 4's and she is 125 tokens away from being legendary

DoTak

Comments

• MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    Your observational point about using the 15-radio calls even for Heroes is right on. The special 10-calls are a wonderful concept, but yet an unrefined concept that needs some work.

Would you believe me if I told you I achieved legendary status of these Heroes mainly through the normal 15-radio calls?

EL34xyzRustysmith16Animesh101
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    edited October 2016
    Yep, I only did some 10 calls this morning to try and get more daryl tokens
    I actually did really well getting daryl tokens in the last hero event

But I prefer to do 15 calls all the time if possible

I even got two epics in one call which sucks because I had to choose one and let the other one go
    I have to ask
    Being as my camp fell 5 levels behind and all I was doing was upgrading council, training ground and workshop
    I stopped and brought the camp up from level 42 to level 47 and it was a huge grind to do that

Now I get awesome radio pulls and way better gear pulls
    So does camp level affect all that?
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Hey there @EL34xyz
    Yes, from what I understand, raising camp level brings improvements to the gear you get from trade good crates. Mission crate gear is dependent on the mission RSL

Here's a link to some great info on this subject

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/11191/your-handy-guide-to-trade-good-crates-edited-for-update-1-10/p1

Not sure about survivor pulls.
    My 15x radio calls have been so good for weeks now, I don't feel any need for an ICELS event
    I still feel that there is more mojo in the radio pull formula that takes into account your camp level

Anywho, my luck finally changed after 4 months or crap
  • Mais88Mais88 Member Posts: 348
    @EL34xyz ...Your whole team needs an optometrist. Pretty damn impressive even if they cant see what they are shooting at...LOL..
    RedEye52KARAZIPKALI
    LOL,
    A long time ago, I got the Governor's assault rifle and it came with his outfit

Messing around, I just gave my whole squad the same outfit yesterday :p
    Mais88
    @DoTak
    Hard to say if the info on the srvr pull formula is still exactly the same as several months later

All I know is that I have had horrible pulls for a long time and now this week, excellent puls

Only the programmers know the exact forumla as it stands today
    Maybe it's time to get an update from @Shteevie on how srvr pulls are calculated

What are all the current, up to date, factors in the formula?
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,712
    @EL34xyz I think a lot of people have noticed an improvement in radio pulls recently. I was in a similar position a few weeks ago. Previously, I had only gotten crap from radio calls outside of the ICELS event. A few weeks ago, I did about thirty 15-radio calls (and wasted 400 radios on 10-radio hero calls), and also got similar results (epic, leg, or 32+ hero tokens at least every other call). I believe @Governator has also had similar experiences.

Anyways, I don't think it's tied to camp level. It might seem correlated because your camp has likely improved in the last few months since your last series of calls, but it is probably due to other factors. It's possible that NG updated the probabilities associated with radio pulls.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    edited October 2016

You think it suck to have 2 epic in 1 call ? what about this ? lol.
    Anyway yeah, like i said last week ago, the chances of epic and legendary somehow increase as compared to say 4 months ago. Now my roster are all legendary and epic (except heroes).

Last check, now i have
    2 leg, 1 epic Assault (370 token more to leg)
    2 leg, 1 epic Scout (198 token more to leg)
    2 leg, 1 epic Warrior (556 token more to leg)
    3 leg Bruiser
    3 leg Hunter
    2 leg, 1 epic Shooter (328 token more to leg)
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,409
    JayZ said:

@EL34xyz I think a lot of people have noticed an improvement in radio pulls recently. I was in a similar position a few weeks ago. Previously, I had only gotten crap from radio calls outside of the ICELS event. A few weeks ago, I did about thirty 15-radio calls (and wasted 400 radios on 10-radio hero calls), and also got similar results (epic, leg, or 32+ hero tokens at least every other call). I believe @Governator has also had similar experiences.

Anyways, I don't think it's tied to camp level. It might seem correlated because your camp has likely improved in the last few months since your last series of calls, but it is probably due to other factors. It's possible that NG updated the probabilities associated with radio pulls.

Yeah, the 15-radio pulls have been much better over the last month or so. I've been getting 60-70% epics from each call. I'm lovin' it! :+1:
    1RisJadenGrimm_Reaper
    Yes, the pulls are better, but I am curious about the formula used
    I am sure NG won't give out the exact details, just curious about the variables used in the formula
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @EL34xyz , it's RNG. It may seem different if you are making frequent radio call outs.
    EL34xyz
  • i812manyi812many Member Posts: 139
    Just pulled these back to back. Thinking my luck was done on the 15's, I did a 10 call and got these as well. With that said these were the first legendaries I have seen since the introduction of heros, but still happy with these results. Camp has been maxed @ 55 for weeks.
    grammar: the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
    Nice pulls @i812many !!!!!!
    I pulled a epic bruiser this morning
    So the tally for the week is 7 epics and 3 legendaries
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I've done 24 calls so far this weekend, received 7 epics (kept 1), 15 rares and 2 32 token Maggie's, which I kept.

I would like to have seen at least one legendary show up at some point.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    I havent seen a LEG for a long time, I have 4 buildings left before Im maxed, lets see how it goes
  • NisponNispon Member Posts: 8
    OP, most of your surviors are blinded with one eye blanketed out...is that a result of infected radio calls transmission? Damn scary these walkers...
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    Damn, i just hate how they alwayd put me in a tight spot and have to abandon 1 of them. This probably my 6th similar situation in this week ;)
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    edited October 2016
    My last two 15 calls... The first one wasn't that hard because I really wanted Abraham and I've got enough scouts.

The second, though... I already have two legendary hunters (and lots of hunters in general) but am still in need of a third good assault. Still picked the hunter because her traits are nice (though she's lacking luck so not perfect) and the assault's traits are meh... And the tokens I'll get over time.

I like getting better pulls, though it's often hard to choose now...

Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Nice,
    I have never pulled a legendary hunter
    I am having to upgrade my epics to legs with tokens
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    I think I pulled one and upgraded the other. I'm getting so may hunters but rarely see assaults at all. Upgraded one of mine to legendary, have a rare one and Abraham. Send me some assaults, I'll sent you some hunters. ;)

I pulled a nice rare assault and accidentally rejected him for tokens. Boy was I mad at myself. :p

Haven't seen any legendary in a while either so it was quite a nice surprise.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    edited October 2016
    I just pulled two new legendary assaults this past week
    Have not had enough XP to bring the latest one up to level 17