9/30/16 radio event

2»

Comments

• DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    Personally this radio event sucked. To me, there was no increased chance. I got radios 1 out of every 15 missions. Played exploration. Got XP. Hardly any radios.

Last time was better.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    DLich said:

Personally this radio event sucked. To me, there was no increased chance. I got radios 1 out of every 15 missions. Played exploration. Got XP. Hardly any radios.

Last time was better.

i got to confess, i probably gather 1k of radio with 2 gas booster over the weekend. currently both my xp and supplies max out, with equipment, survivor and building being upgrade concurrently =/
    DLich
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,704
    @DLich next time I suggest playing the gear or old deadlies. I know a player that was making 15 calls every 15 minutes or so.
    avelardezMizTy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    Next time this one comes arount I plan to use a booster. I had just come off a booster a few days before so didn't feel like it. Hope to make the best use of it next time though. Even so, I think I made about 5 or 6 calls over the weekend. Not bad at all without boosters in my mind.

Sorry to hear @DLich that it worked out less profitable to you this time.
  • JackBauerJackBauer Member Posts: 1,550
    edited October 2016
    @DLich This event only worked when you used gas booster and a lot of gold to open all crates, then it was easy to get radios to do a 15call every 20 minutes.
    But I have to say it is brainless grinding and waste of time sitting there and collecting the radios all day.

By statistics we all know that it is(was) better to open as much bronze crates as possible.
    -----------------
    Remember to use your charge abilities
    psychwolf
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Well, I gained enough radios to do 7x15 calls, and a few single calls.
    Had a few epics, plenty of rares, a few commons and uncommons, but not one single hero.
    Bit of a success, I'd say, not being particularly bothered about heroes.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    ... loved the event, got enough phones for around twenty 15 phone calls ... as far as I can remember I had not more than two calls with only 3star survivors.. all the other had at least one epic, pulled four legendary (2 scouts, 1 hunter and 1 shooter) while opting almost always out of hero tokens (even the epic ones). I'll have to say I'm a happy camper with the event. Too bad the phone drop rate is back to normal ...
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    You are not alone @DLich & I used Gas Boosters.. but life also got in the way so I didn't get to utilize it as I would've liked to!!
    It was a meh Event for me but I still look forward to the next one lol
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    DLich
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    edited October 2016
    I agree, i noticed the wording for this event was different than the last one.

Last one said "increased radios and chances" this one only said "increased radios"

The last event, i was able to farm hundreds of radios, probably close to 700 and farmed about 75 and hour

This event, i managed to snag about 20 in about 2-3 hours.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,340
    Everyone had different radio pulls. I was fortunate to get lucky all weekend. Pulled hundreds. Upgraded several fighters to legendary. Used my free gold from crates on this one and I got one while complete 15 radio call. This triggered major luck for me.
    By the way, just a side question, am I the only one no longer receiving phones from the wall walkers?
    -----------------
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @JackBauer
    I'm still getting from Wall :)
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    1Ris_NoNameRedEye52Intersolar
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I've gotten phones fromt the wall today. Safe to assume it's just unlucky.
    O.k. Thanks
    -----------------
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    But the phone from gold crate seem to decrease from 4 to 3
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    @avelardez yes. Had very similar pulls to that image you posted during last event. This past event, i think the most i managed to pull was 4 but it was very rare.

I mustve used my rng farming during last event

But strange how the radio pulls seemed almost non existant for me during this event
    psychwolf
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,200
    I did okay. I spent 400 gold refilling my gas tank, and played gear missions all day yesterday. I earned over 100 phones in 24 hours. So good, but not spectacular.
    Few from the wall for me too.
  • WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 471
    So is it verified that gear missions/ex-deadlies have higher chances of radios?
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    This is a bit off topic, but didn't feel like starting a new thread.

I just got this gold radio crate in a challenge mission, so it's after the event. I've only ever seen 4 radios in a gold crate, not 3

avelardez
    I remember back in June/July I use to pull 40-60 radios in a 24 hour period when the 24 hour gas came out. Now it seems that does not happen much. Lucky to get 25-30. What happened to them days.
    edited October 2016
    I was able to make 42 documented calls that I did a screen shot of on Sunday afternoon. Posted a small sample in the FB site on Friday showing my first pulls. On Sunday they were 27 (15) radio calls, 7 (10) radio calls and 1 single call. I made so much more that I just tried of doing screen shots. On Friday alone, I made at least 400 calls. Pulled three legendary fighters in all. Many Epics and Hundreds of Rares. I got lucky both radio events. This one more so though because I had lots of time. Can't wait for the next one.
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Bit late to post on this,.. But like most I was busy smashing out phones over the weekend,.. Not very often this happens,... But I'd like to thank ng for the vastly improved radio event this last weekend,..
    Now ng this is more like it,.. I literally lost count of how many phones I was able to grind,.. I did note I was roughly hitting at least 15 phones every 45 mins average,.. This is one event in loved and look forward too seeing again hopefully very soon ;)

Well done NG
    avelardezTheLostOnesRedEye52