Body Shot probability- Did ver 1.5 increase it for all survivors?

2»

Comments

• Rick_ZKRick_ZK Member Posts: 296
    edited January 2016
    Devs says : No. My experience says : Yes.
    IGN : Rick. Officer in the Cure Family. Number One in Sweden & currently 22 globally.
    CmlConn
  • CmlCml Member Posts: 75
    Body shot probability has definitely gone up!
    My hunters keep getting body shots now, even with walkers 2-3 levels lower.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,306
    Cml said:

Body shot probability has definitely gone up!

My hunters keep getting body shots now, even with walkers 2-3 levels lower.

Previously, got a confirmed kill in over watch mode with a walker which was 7-8 level down from my survivor. Now I have seen body shots on these walkers also.

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

FizzyPinot
  • NoggerJippelNoggerJippel Member Posts: 26
    i noticed the increased body shots as well. does anybody know/guess the underlying function? i thought maybe gear/weapons may be included in the calculation. i increased level of my survivors quite quickly from 13 to 15 but my gear remained at prior level. now I suddently experience body shots versus walkers of my level 14/15
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    body shots can always happen, but the probability was always extremely low until the walkers were even with your survivor level.
    recently, the chance has been increased significantly. once they match your level it gets bad... once they get higher than you it becomes REALLY bad.... once they get about 3 levels higher than you it is practically guaranteed unless you score a crit. (charge)

the devs claim they didn't change anything in this regard, other than stuns no longer working on a body shot.. and we are all imagining this... but it is obvious something was changed.
    it is either a bug or a nerf, but so far, the devs won't even acknowledge it and claim thousands of people are just imagining it.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    I'm with you re body shots increasing.
    I've even had body shots at point-blank range!
    It's definitely not my imagination.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • unduzzzzzunduzzzzz Member Posts: 10
    ITT: Confirmation Bias
    My lv15 hunter just did a body shot on a critical hit...against same level walker.
    That's just not right!
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    Neil_J said:

I'm with you re body shots increasing.
    I've even had body shots at point-blank range!
    It's definitely not my imagination.

mods already confirmed that range is not a factor in body shot percent chance, only level difference. So,,,, long range, mid range or point-blank range doesn't matter. It should but it isn't.
    Cml said:

My lv15 hunter just did a body shot on a critical hit...against same level walker.

That's just not right!

"body shot on a critical hit" .... that's odd.. it should never happen.. its either body shot, or critical hit, or normal hit.. never both..
  • Increased bodyshot just took me totally by surprize and cost me 2 stars since all 3 of my epic 13 hunters suddenly suffered from it during the same turn one after the other while trying to take down level 12 spawn. As pissed as I was in retrospective I'm really glad this did not happen on a deadly.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    @Cml I don't even know how that is possible... a body shot is a critical fail, I'm pretty sure you can't have a critical hit and a critical fail at the same time.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    @Cml "body shot + critical"
    I too would think that is impossible. Impossible enough to think you may have been mistaken? Were there several walkers in line, maybe one took the crit and one got body shot? Also, a crit is high damage, but is not always strong enough to kill. That doesn't make it a body shot though.

@NoggerJippel "thought maybe gear/weapons may be included in the calculation."

Bad weapons should affect the outcome in real world so it's not illogical but would have been a change. Weapons should however diminish the chance of body shot have luck etc. (Perhaps there's a bug there... 10% extra chance of anything, including body shots. :)

I too had lower level weapons when I first experienced this. So it was also my first thought. However, after upgrading I still agree that it's more often than before, so maybe it was just something I could blame.
    @aysatyo @Dread I thought so too.

@JAG There were 4 in line. 3 went down and 1 still standing.
    I know crit is just high damage, but my lv15 epic hunter with fully upgraded lv17 legendary rifle should be able to kill a lv15 walker, even without crit.
    @Cml hitting multiple targets in one normal shot, the damage is different for each target. the one still standing might got hit with body shot, while others got hit with normal damage or critical hit. level 15 normal walker have 433 hp (according to wikia). if you got 702 damage (weapon + base damage), with body shot, it lessen by 50%.. making a total of 351 average body shot damage. So, a walker with 433 hp will still not die..
    Cml
    aysatyo said:

@Cml hitting multiple targets in one normal shot, the damage is different for each target. the one still standing might got hit with body shot, while others got hit with normal damage or critical hit. level 15 normal walker have 433 hp (according to wikia). if you got 702 damage (weapon + base damage), with body shot, it lessen by 50%.. making a total of 351 average body shot damage. So, a walker with 433 hp will still not die..

Ok, I see.
    It does make sense.
    I havent noticed this before though, my hunters critical shots would always take out walkers even +2-3lv.
    So I always thought crit damage would apply to all in line. :(

Just testing the the quote function,
    Haven't been able to do this before. Great!
    :#
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    I basically agree with the thread topic: something changed to make all survivor types less effective. Possibly not limited to body shot ratio. Discussing what @Cml saw is a bit off from that topic, but throwing speculation at the problem to allow us to get more data and understand the game together.

> I havent noticed this before though, my hunters critical shots would always take out walkers even +2-3lv.

Sure, we agree that something has happened. What I didn't notice when you wrote your first comment is that you say "critical shot". Do yo mean that you actively used the "charge ability" for you hunter? In that case I would also have expected *all targets* to be critical hit (supposedly guaranteed http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Survivors#Hunters ). In that case I agree there should be no body hit, no normal hit, but only critical hits. (It may be an incorrect assumption, but what I thought.)

Also note that @aysatyo specifically says "normal shot" so that doesn't cover "charge ability shots".

" hitting multiple targets in one normal shot, the damage is different for each target. the one still standing might got hit with body shot, while others got hit with normal damage or critical hit"

My experience is however that even a critical hit may not kill always. Sometimes the walker stands with just 2-30 health left. Clearly this is because random variation of the damage. You can never be really sure that "same level will always kill" because of that. :(

(I'm not very upset about that either, I think the "risk" is keeping me on toes, making the game more exciting.)
    @JAG It was an (automatic) "critical hit", I didn't use the charge ability.
This discussion has been closed.