Equipment Maximum

2»

Comments

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    THX_1138 said:

@zbot Thank you for your reply. You stated that purchased items are not immune from auto-scrap. Is this an official answer directly from NextGames??

I appreciate @zbot's willingness to follow up but I doubt that we will get an official answer. An official answer would open them up to additional refund requests if that answer turned out to be wrong. Just because they think something works a certain way does not guarantee that is the case.
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @zbot

I'm bumping this thread just in case you forgot to ask NG about the dumping of purchased weapons...

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,490
    @tammy , I didn't forget but with the update and the gazillion questions coming in, it maybe a while. I normally test things out except for inventory issues (I don't carry enough gear). I don't tempt fate, if the limit is X, I try my best to keep everything clean and way below X, to avoid any issues. Any item I want to keep is equipped to my survivors. The walkers would need to pry the gears off my survivors body if they want it.
    MizTyrgerkmandeb1hd
  • THX_1138THX_1138 Member Posts: 16
    @zbot kindly responded above and said that upgrades will keep items from being auto-scrapped but I think there must be more to it than that. With this week's new challenge, I ran a few maps and kept every piece of equipment I received (about 5 pieces, level 1-2 and only 1-2 stars each), and upon receiving each one, I immediately gave it at least one upgrade. If the theory that upgrades will protect an item from auto-scrap, then these should remain in my inventory.

Well, I was just auto-scrapped again and they're gone. I've got over 100 pieces of non-upgraded (though admittedly higher-level) equipment in my inventory, and the system auto-scrapped my brand-new items that I just acquired today and spent valuable XP to upgrade. So it doesn't seem like upgrading items will help protect them from scrapping.

Just adding that little tidbit to the mix for anyone who's interested.
    tammydeb1hd
    @THX_1138 , thanks for the testing! Was this before or after the upgrade? Do you know how many items you had before the auto scrapping and how many items you had afterwards? Also what were the rarity and levels that you had before and after upgrade. This is the main reason why I don't keep enough gear to test things. I know upgrading works but based on your testing, the rarity and level might trump upgrading. Also @insight55 , reported no epic and leg gear being scrapped with 360 items.

@insight55 , any further insight you can provide? Since I know you are the user to ask about inventory max!!!!
  • THX_1138THX_1138 Member Posts: 16
    @zbot This was after the update. But I admit, I was skeptical of the claim that "upgraded equipment won't be auto-scrapped", so I was only upgrading the equipment that dropped on my first run-through of this week's challenge (level 1-2 stuff), and I only invested enough to give each piece one upgrade out of its possible three, because I didn't want to invest too much XP into something that I considered disposable.

I can't say how much I had before because I wasn't watching closely. The badge on my equipment icon was somewhere around 232, and I know that only applies to upgradeable items. My workshop is several levels behind a lot of my equipment so I know I had a lot of stuff that didn't show up in that number. I knew I was getting close to a limit *.

My purpose in this test was simply to see if upgrading would immunize pieces from auto-scrap. Everything I collected today was after the update and it was ultra-low level. I upgraded it all (once), and it was all auto-scrapped.

This isn't a complaint by any means, it was just a fact-finding mission on my part.

One gripe though: about two minutes ago I hit 15 radios and did a call. Found an Epic survivor at level 7 who had better traits than the Rare level 11 on my team. Naturally, I accepted the Epic 7 and retired the Rare 11.
    However, due to today's auto=scrap, I no longer have equipment ready for the new character and have to either re-find some or promote him to level 10 before I can even use him.

Maybe my fault for hoarding items, but I swear I saw a post in the last 3 weeks saying that there'd be a "extra XP for trashing equipment" event due to the luck nerf...

I know, TL;DR

* It was indicated upthread that 280 is the limit, but auto-scrap doesn't occur until 300 items. If reaching 280 doesn't trigger any alert, warning, or anything else perceptible to the player, then does 280 really mean anything?
    MizTytammy
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Im practically sure one of my pistols (rare lvl 22) was auto scrapped. I did sent an ingame ticket but NG is not willing to compensate THE lost equipment and/or XP. Why would i scrap one of my best guns?!

Really a bummer!!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • insight55insight55 Member Posts: 37
    @zbot My exact number of items is right now 401: 44 equipped (16 legendary, 7 epic, 4 rare, 1 uncommon, 16 common) and 357 unequipped (128 legendary, 229 epic). My epic and legendary equipment varies from not-upgraded to fully upgraded.
    @insight55 , thanks for the confirmation, so it looks like epic and legs are safe from your testing?

@Conan1976 , if it was auto scrapped you would have gotten the xp.
  • insight55insight55 Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2016
    @zbot Yes, it looks like all epic and legendary items are safe. I have not purchased any items, so I have no observations confirming purchased items are safe as well, but I doubt they differ from other epic/legendary items on this matter.
    @zbot

agree, but

1. It would have been less than I invested in the pistol
    2. My XP was nearly maxed that time, round 2.4 million so also lost quite some...
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

• General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    I know it's been discussed, but what's the max # of armor/gear one can have? 280 total for everything? Can anyone provide the link for how exactly this works when you reach the max? Is there an indicator? Do you know what is being dropped, or do you just have to go check?
    MizTy
    edited October 2016
    Merged.

@Shteevie , need your assistance, this is an ongoing question, I know you are busy so this is for your list:

It was posted that:
    1) max gear is 280 and auto scrap happens at 300.
    2) the scrap order is by rarity and order.
    3) upgraded gear was not affected (but reports of users losing rare gear that was fully upgraded) so 2) somehow is done before 3) for scrapping order?
    4) reports of users exceeding 280 and auto scrap limit by having only epic and legendary gear
    5) reports of auto scrapping gear in excess of 280 limit (how many gears are auto scrapped, is it back down to 280 or a different number?)
    6) auto scrap when full xp, what happens to the xp?

Thank you.

MizTyT_12
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Shteevie

To go along with these questions, I'd like to reiterate a many-times-over-made request:

Could you please look into adding an equipment counter in place of the gear able to be upgraded counter?

And on top of that, could there please be some sort of blatant indicator as to what piece of gear is being upgraded, much like there is for survivors?
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    MizTyrgerkman
    @zbot what happens if my upgraded low level gear is getting auto scrapped? I just got my first round of auto scrapping and there was some level 3-4 gear that i had upgraded (from levels 1-3) that has gone missing. I thought these were immune..?

I'm at max XP so basically I just wasted time upgrading these and now they're gone.

@Shteevie can we get some word on this..?

What do the rest of you do? Only upgrade the highest level stuff? I just hate burning so much XP at once, I like starting from the bottom (in terms of levels)... Any advice??
    MizTy
    @General_Quatre , that's another good question, normally you receive xp when things are auto scrapped but I'm not sure what happens when you are at max xp.

I'll need to add that to the question.
    MizTy
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    We will consider a total gear counter and gear upgrade reminder for an update after 2.2.

Since gear can only be upgraded three levels, it is expected that you will probably not keep gear that is lower than three levels below your survivor level. Unless it is your next gear if that type, of course.

I'm fairly sure that scrapped gear while on full XP gives no alternative refund. Use your XP!
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Shteevie

Thank you for considering the suggestions I made.

If only one is possible, please choose the total gear counter before the gear upgrade reminder.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    @Shteevie so in other words, upgraded gear is NOT immune to auto scrap whatsoever, if its top post-upgrade level is too low. For example, if I'm at 280, and my lowest level gear (eg, lvl7) is being scrapped, a lvl4 weapon that I had upgraded to lvl7 will still be scrapped just the same?

If yes...The reason I don't like this is that I spent XP and time upgrading lower level weapons so that when i had a need for XP later on, I could scrap them at a higher value. That basically just means I wasted all that time upgrading gear that will get scrapped. I don't HAVE anything to spend XP on until council 20, so I'm trying to preemptively prepare.

What do the rest of you guys do in this situation?
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I'm not 100% on this - I didn't build the system.

I think the best advice is not to save your XP for a rainy day, and to upgrade the piece you are most likely to use when your XP bar gets full. This way you spend little to nothing on upgrades you have no use for, and your bar is full for the shortest amount of time.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I buy the 2 x XP booster when my gear bank is about full and scrap it
    MizTy
    @Shteevie my point is, I have all lvl22 gear already, so I have no practical use for XP other than to raise the eventual scrap value of items when I can start upgrading lvl20 gear and leveling up survivors. Past that, I'm maxed on XP. So I'm not hoarding, just have no use for it now.

Others who are maxed out on XP and have all the gear that need for now, what do YOU do?
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,394
    Shteevie said:

We will consider a total gear counter and gear upgrade reminder for an update after 2.2.

Since gear can only be upgraded three levels, it is expected that you will probably not keep gear that is lower than three levels below your survivor level. Unless it is your next gear if that type, of course.

I'm fairly sure that scrapped gear while on full XP gives no alternative refund. Use your XP!

@Shteevie, a gear counter would be excellent. However, for me, this assumption is incorrect "it is expected that you will probably not keep gear that is lower than three levels below your survivor level". For some levels, the strategy to defeat them requires interrupt. You may need one interrupt survivor and two damage survivors for example. I may not have a max piece of gear that has interrupt so I'm always looking for low level epic and legendary gear with the right stats (luck, interrupt) so I can upgrade this gear and swap it out for these challenge maps. I have been bitten by the autoscrap issue and had these low level fully upgraded pieces scrapped. I think upgraded gear, regardless of level, should not be autoscrapped.
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

MadPuppyMizTy
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Bill_ZRT @Shteevie
    +1 very excitable pistol-packing kitten
    @General_Quatre

Be carefull, i lost a lvl 22 rare gun with my xp bar full
    Everyone is Welcome!

• NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I'm sure the "replace the currently useless gear eligible for upgrade" counter with a logical "total gear on hand" counter, is on the same NG to-do list with "get rid of freaking auto center".