Anyone else never set up their outpost?

Curious to see how many people have yet to set up their outpost.

The comments in the forums were enough to deter me from ever setting it up

Seemed like a shit show

Comments

• masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,522
    No outpost here.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    mongo911SgtSalami
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I like the outpost and the easy TG's farming
    The only thing I wish is that I could remove some of the walkers I upgraded early on

• gespuergespuer Member Posts: 1,565
    With my 2nd account (player lvl 33 - lvl 14 survivors) I refuse to upgrade the pit (lvl 1) and the outpost tent level 3). So it is easier to raid tg.
    Unfortunately with my 1st one I'm totally maxed out. Raiding TG and Inf. sucks.
  • DeeLHCDeeLHC Member Posts: 44
    I have not set up my outpost. I have upgraded the walker pit and the outpost building, for building points. I have not upgraded my walkers though. In the past I used TG for gear or gold boxes. Now I use TG for what ever catches my fancy. My survivors are only level 16. Didn't want to get killed by all the higher level players.
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    I noticed they are pushing outposts hard and saw the complaints about how unfair the matchups were, which made me not upgrade and take part

Maybe one day
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,158
    jim_james said:

I noticed they are pushing outposts hard and saw the complaints about how unfair the matchups were, which made me not upgrade and take part

Maybe one day

The real issue is that once you build your outpost, you can never go back. There is no way to destroy it. All you can do is stop playing. Right now there is no TG loss when you lose a battle, but there's no guarantee that NG won't put in other negative effects for losing battles. Better safe than sorry. If you're not intending to play/compete, you're better off not setting up an outpost (until such time as NG allows people to destroy their outposts and opt out).
    RedEye52DoTakKaiserArtminius
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 198
    I avoided it forever... After they dropped the risk of TG I ventured into it. I put my 3 weakest survivors there and I raid occasionally when nothing else to do. My influence is just above 2,000. At least for now ok method of gaining some extra TG.
    exploiting the loophole loophole
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 497
    I was thinking recently that, if I were to advise a new player, I would tell them not to do outpost AT ALL until they have a serious complement of L19s and the means to raid successfully for the TGs to rapidly evolve zombie defenses.

Which, of course, I didn't do.

"Oh? Make a new thing that might matter? Sounds GREAT!"

*tons of TG lost later*
    *unable to charge raiders because smarter players didn't put zombies in outpost*

"Um... if I were the game's developers, I might have made a tutorial that covered these emergent issues."

I can live with my ignorance: I've got a pretty good outpost and crew, in spite of the above. But I would definitely have spent my early resources differently had I known those emergent issues.
    gespuer
  • RicktatorshipRicktatorship Member Posts: 17
    I would say build it. there is no penalty for it, you get "free" TG at the end of each cycle, and for me its a more effective way of farming TG than challenges is (since we get phones now) you still get some TG from challenges but its not close (for gas cost) to the amount you get from raiding outposts. I say go for it, nothing to lose at this point. Dont upgrade your walker pit, and if your influence gets high enough that you cant win raids just stop winning and do smash and grabs like everyone else.
    Stuff....and thangs.
  • SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    I built it but only briefly set it up. I just put my worst survivors on my outpost, considering the minimal losses for succesful attacks.
    Good luck, dumbass
  • erfrischererfrischer Member Posts: 59
    Max Outpost !

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,063
    Today I took the step.
    Got 5000 TG in about an hour.
    All my survivors are in the hospital.

No regrets for now.

I've got lvl 17 survivors btw.