Can Guild Leadership Be Passed to Another Member?

The leader of my guild is going inactive.

Can he pass leadership to another guild member, or do we have to start a new guild?

Best Answers

Answers

• biffleybiffley Member Posts: 44
    I figured this was the case, but I appreciate verification.
  • JenJen Member Posts: 74
    This will be a very nice feature in the future! @Miss Rogue
    <b class="Bold">Jenny (Ullr)
    Email/GroupMe: [email protected]</b>

<blockquote class="Quote"><b class="Bold"> elder/recruiter of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS </b></blockquote>
  • johnnydivesjohnnydives Member Posts: 324
    So am currently 12th in the GB standings and our guild leader wants to leave. Will I lose my personal standing?
  • BeccaBecca Member Posts: 39
    When your guild leader leaves I believe the guild Is disbanded. When you join another guild you start at 0. On the top player page you will be able to see all your stars but it will not follow you.
  • @biffley Unfortunately not at the moment. We're working on adding this feature.

That would be great
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
    Thanks for the clarification. So lets hope that Next Games bring in an update or my stats are lost. Hope my guy sticks with us but he's keen to delete the guild.
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    @biffley it happened to my guild and some other guilds also some weeks ago. We decided to form a new guild, now we are playing third week, making 4K * in week and are temporarily 45th in global list :)

Its a nasty situation a) guild leader goes inactive b) he/she can not be changed. My tip is that before forming new guild, collect enough players to follow or coming from other guilds. It might be also useful to talk beforehand, who will form new guild and be the leader (which might will go passive later...)
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
    Thanks @Sabrina. Not a nice situation agreed. Can I just clarify. did you lose your individual rankings too?
    @johnnydives Third guild now in this game, but sorry I havent checked, there might be FAQ inside the game help or this site.

I suppose that leaving / forming / joining a guild goes so, that u keep all ur personal * and the guild which u are leaving will keep weekly stars so far of the weekly Challenge. When u go to new guild u start with 0 stars in that guild.

So u should not lose personal stars but yes to weekly Challenge stars so far because these stars a sort of belong to that guild and team effort. Was that what u meant?
    edited January 2016
    Will post an image below to help with my question.

Thanks @Sabrina
    I am 11th in the individual rankings. Was just wondering if our guild is disbanded will I keep that ranking and still be 11th in the individual rankings. Does that make sense?
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    @johnnydives , individual ranking is not affected by changing guilds..
    Sabrina
    @aysatyo +1. @johnnydives U should keep ur personal overall *. If not, then contact to Next Games via FAQ / Help section inside the game.
  • Miss RogueMiss Rogue Member Posts: 41
    Sabrina said:

I suppose that leaving / forming / joining a guild goes so, that u keep all ur personal * and the guild which u are leaving will keep weekly stars so far of the weekly Challenge. When u go to new guild u start with 0 stars in that guild.

So u should not lose personal stars but yes to weekly Challenge stars so far because these stars a sort of belong to that guild and team effort. Was that what u meant?

@johnnydives Pretty much what @Sabrina said. The stars stay in the guild, but all-time stars stay in your personal stats so they go with you.
    This means that nothing will happen to your personal ranking.
    Sabrina
    Thanks @Sabrina for your help, really appreciate the response and thanks to @Miss Rogue for backing that up.

Just a question which am sure gets asked but any plans to be able to transfer guild between players at any point as we are now currently 17th in the GB league but our leader is just hanging on really and wants to delete the guild?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
    JohnnyDives.
    @johnnydives Very complicated situation to be on the global list and have inactive leader :| As I mentioned above, our fresh new guild is running its 3nd week and 1st week w 20 guild members and Sunday we decided to be on the global list 41. atm. Meaning that only 2,5 week to go global :) I think that one valuable visit card in this game is just to be position 1-5 in the country list for getting active hard hitters (210+ *). That was the way how we got our missing last members: they looked just the country list of FInland :) Dunno ur country, of course it is easier in small country :wink:

Just for inactive leader and normal members we are in our guild running through an idea, that if someone will have 1-2 week vacation or other IRL stuff, they should mention about it before. Also we are encouraging all of our members to come this formus and our guold thread, if one lost or break her/his mobile device or other ways is disabled to communicate via mobile device and guild chat. Some guilds have even their own www chat aside of guild chat.

Hopely ur guild finds solution to the nasty situation.
    Thanks @Sabrina

I have since I joined the guild sort of took over as was most vocal firstly and then my stats secondly. I find it a little frustrating that sometimes people go silent and its not until the end of the challenge and then the start of the next one that one finds them totally inactive but they fail to mention anything. After having such an experience I tend to Banish those inactive for more than a couple of days now unless they say why they are not competing in the weeks challenge. Am always encouraging chat but realise some don't want to and just want to play the game. Can be frustrating for someone who chats as much as me :-)

Anyway well done on you and the guild Sabrina. Sounds like you are doing really well and have scouted well for active and competitive members. Am currently on 248 for the week having only dropped a couple of stars.

Hope we get some news on guild transfer soon, I don't want to move but maybe forced to do so before NextGames can introduce this in a near future update.

All the best Sabrina.

Regards
    JohnnyDIves.
    @johnnydives I was just continuing to write but u were faster to reply :) Dunno, maybe I should write down a longer article to the forum about communication thing. But just for a starter to share ur situation.

Shortly, I can put it something like this: In mission: forward, forward and forward. In guild: talk, talk and talk :)

When we started to thing new guild we chatted (a lot!) beforehand many things what people are concerned or pissed of. Three examples.

1) For example about how many stars in weekly challenge and after talking, we decided that 100* - but we talked to an option to raise it 120* (and maybe next week to 162* or banished. In this point the high lv players knew that * amount will be raised but also (active) lower lv players knew that they will have to time improve their chars (and get more * required).

2) Another, we chatted (a lot!) about the concept or term 'activity'. We decided that within every Tuesday everyone should show some activity. There is no star line in Tuesday, but for example showing up and telling that I have to make over hours in work and cant play efficiently. Or play let's say 82 *. Or play in Sunday evening 84 * and continue in Wed and so on. We call out not-so-active persons in chat. If in Thursday evening there is something like let's say 137 * it is ok (this is collective fiiling not exact :D ) and one can handle 162 * until the Challenge ends. But if someone has not get 162 * and this happens two weeks in a row, it's immediate kick. Everyone knows it and this is voluntary gaming ;P We talked much about that and everyone agreed after we decided to try global list. It is just impossible to reach - or stay - in global list with several a little bit active players.

3) Third, many people like to be Elder (or Officer or whatever in different games). After talking we decided that everyone will be promoted to Elder after 162*. Also, if someone cannot for any reason play efficiently (meaning 162*), she/he will be dropped to Normal and next week to get 162* and Elder (or kick if there is a tendency to be not so active). Atm we have 16 Elder, 1 Leader and 3 Normal meaning at least 18 x 162 = 2 912 'promised' weekly * base. Practically atm half of run 210+ *.

And there are many other things, maybe I can say rules, but they are not written anywhere. We might write them in our guild thread to this forum. When a new player joins we explain everything and asked if it is ok. If not, there are always better guilds :)

So, when we actually formed new guild, we have agreed 'everything' beforehand and we also talked and democratically voted who forms new guild > leader. We had not any shared vision or goal, like to be X on global list or so. Players come and go, but our core - independent of single player - share same rules and when we change them we talk (a lot!) and try to understand each others arguments. Sometimes we need vote something like democratically LOL

As a result, now we have something more collective than just a 20 players hunting together weekly rewards (althought those rewards are what guilds are for ;) ).

All the best @johnnydives :)
    FizzyPinot
    Hey @Sabrina

Thanks so much for how you set out your own rules and are enforcing them Wanted to thank you for the comprehensive and detail you have wrote up for me. I share and empathise with you on the many points you make. I can only imagine how exhausting it must be to put this all into the chat box for new members especially if they are not active on social media.

Will have another read and digest the points you make of which am sure I will be introducing into the guild am in, a new one I make or a new one that I join.

Thanks again Sabrina.

Regards
    JohnnyDives.
  • ErwalesteErwaleste Member Posts: 21
    I hope in next update there is feature if Leader left,elder will take place as new leader.
    *Leader of Kaskus Indonesia The Walking Dead No Man's Land aka KITWDNML*

Sabrina
    Had a reply within game Help today saying they are looking into a lot of how guilds are run and transferring so fingers crossed.

Regards
    JohnnyDives
    Jenny
  • CmlCml Member Posts: 75
    Which elder
    Erwaleste said:

I hope in next update there is feature if Leader left,elder will take place as new leader.

Which elder, though?
    My guild has seven... :o
    Perhaps the elder with the highest amount of stars but a fair way would be for the leader to choose. Thoughts??

Regards
    JohnnyDives
  • ErwalesteErwaleste Member Posts: 21
    Cml said:

Which elder

Erwaleste said:

Which elder, though?
    My guild has seven... :o
    Elder who first become elder.
    *Leader of Kaskus Indonesia The Walking Dead No Man's Land aka KITWDNML*

This discussion has been closed.