Weekend increased epic & legendary odds- 1,5 or 15 radios??

SkySky Member Posts: 46
So NG announced drop rates are lowered just for this weekend starting NOW until Mon am. Has anyone been successful getting these top tier survivors? And what's the best use of your accumulated radios?

I only have about 60 right now. Was trying to get 100 or so before I tried for a new team. I'm at Lvl 11 and half of my team maxes out by Lvl 13. Instead I will use up all my radios this weekend in the hopes of scoring some epics & legends.

Just curious if I'm best off doing all 5 radio calls which gives me 12 chances or if the rates are low enough that if I do 60 single calls I might net even more?

Has anyone taken advantage of this very temporary bonus yet and what's yr experience been?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Based on zero info, I'm leaning towards "5" calls but any input would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have 1 Legendary and 4 epics acquired from exclusively 15 calls. Tried 5s initially but never scored anything decent. YMMV.

Comments

• zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,477
    Sky said:

I currently have 1 Legendary and 4 epics acquired from exclusively 15 calls. Tried 5s initially but never scored anything decent. YMMV.

I think you answered your question.
    Madmat
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    do only 15 calls. Increase your radio tent first to your current max first.

http://nomansland.wikia.com/wiki/Buildings#Radio_tent
  • OwlkapwnOwlkapwn Member Posts: 168
    I asked some of the more knowledgable people on the forums here about this very question and the consensus is still do only 15's, even on the increased drop rate weekends
    Leader - The Owls Nest
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    120 radios spent on 15 pulls all rares, load of shat basically also noticed a dramatic drop off in radios obtained since start of the event.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    Madmat
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    I plan to do 15's
    my $0.02
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    Madmat
  • SoyevSoyev Member Posts: 130
    edited January 2016
    So far with 8x 15s...
    2 rare assaults, 2 rare shooters, rare warrior, 2 epic warriors, epic Hunter

The epics are keepers, but still not that great.

I did 10-20 single draws too, I think I got one rare and the rest crap I have 100 more radios I'll use before the end of the weekend I just feel like it's bad luck to use them all at once

Edit; 5 more 15 calls, epic scout, 2x epic shooter, rare warrior, rare scout
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Thing is with these events as we don't know the base rate to pull a legendary they can get away with a minimal increase.

Base rate 0.5% Event Rate 0.6% for example. I don't think there this low that was just an example but I recon it's below 5%
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
  • DutchbrotherDutchbrother Member Posts: 43
    Poppy said:

120 radios spent on 15 pulls all rares, load of shat basically also noticed a dramatic drop off in radios obtained since start of the event.

Agree. Radio drop has decreased by over 50% for me.

• MadmatMadmat Member Posts: 6
    Yeah radios seem to be like hens teeth atm .....
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    edited January 2016
    I've participated both Increased Drop Rates so far. In 1st I and my guild members tried 1 and 5 phone calls quite much just get some touch to rewamped call feature with Tent. One player got 1 legendary, if I remember right, someone 1-2 epic, but thats about all with those 1 and 5 phone calls.

After Tent, I use only 15 phones calls. It is a bit tedious and will take huuuuge patience at first ;P but I try to keep minimun 90 phones in my 'store' waiting these Increased Drop Rates. Sometimes it is urgent to get better chars, like after Deadly gone wrong, weekly missions just need better chars or you have got enough tomato cans to upgrade Council and Training ground. But after some days, it goes quite easily to keep hands off from phones and make personal goals, like collecting 90 phones, then 100 and so on.

So, this is just 2nd Increased Drop Rates, not too often :D But when it comes again, it will be payoff day for saved phones ;)
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,057
    I used two 15 radio calls. Got a legendary shooter (17 max) and an epic warrior (15 max). Now I am just going to upgrade my radio, gas and supplies (training ground and equipment upgrade included) and gather radios, radios, radios
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
This discussion has been closed.