What's up with the videos?

Comments

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    It's a big mystery to me what causes this. I went for 2 weeks without mission vids, tried the various tips to no avail. Then, yesterday, started getting the videos again, without doing anything on my part. Believe me, was pleasantly surprised.
  • HeronHeron Member Posts: 2
    Same here, since sunday, I have no longer the option for the free videos and the extra reward after missions. The cinema works well. I wrote a ticket and the answer was, that it might be an IOS problem and the "targeted advertising". I am using Android. changed the option, but it doesn´t help - I have still no video option available.
    psychwolf
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 933
    So there's no explanation for this? Oh well! I guess I'll just keep playing the game without cinema videos or videos for extra crates after missions. THANK YOU NG FOR GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY THIS WONDERFUL GAME.
  • CamTatumCamTatum Member Posts: 3
    I also havent had a video option in the past 4 days. I thought it was just me. Glad I checked here to find out im not the only one... even when double supplies happening I cant take full advantage of it :/
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,348
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Why?
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,348
    Merged. @invader please see posts above.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 204
    FWIW, I've stripped Google Play Services out and completely reinstalled (only possible with root access).
    Didn't work.
    I also dumped all cache data and primary data, which is a bitch for other apps, but that's the price of attempting to work around this horrible bug.
    Didn't work.

At this point, I think the only solution is not to pay for anything again. Yeah, yeah, sure: "the crates shouldn't be why we play," but the fact of a game with this model is that those who don't see this bug gain while those who do stagnate. Competitive guilds are already losing members and boycotting... grinders like me are staring in the face of DOUBLE time and effort to get anywhere... and major events like phone weekend and the ENTIRE Birthday Bash are only benefiting the unbugged.

I'm American. I'm used to the haves always gaining ahead of the have-nots. But this is the first game in which it was so glaringly obvious. Makes me feel pretty foolish for spending money on it (a mere $25 as of this date... 4x what I've ever spent on an Android game).
    Err, correction: I've spent $10 on Ticket To Ride and maps. But $25 on a FTP game like No Man's Land still feels like I've earned (bought) a little consideration.

(FWIW, day 11 no crate videos.)
    Solution found:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16385/no-video-option-fixed#latest

I'm just so chuffed I could kiss a bear!

I hope it works globally. And I REALLY hope @Shteevie and @zbot give this data back to the developers. The solution is lurking under the nuances, I'm sure. Disco-reco trickery tells me it's related to the network protocols.

But I am not a game developer...
    :-)
    Oh, dear. Not working on my third try.
    Maybe just the normal cycle asserting itself. Or... not....
    Fourth try, no video.
    DAMMIT!

I'm trying force quits to see if that's the nut.

But... dang, I thought we'd found the angle.
    :-(
    Sigh.
    5th time, nope.

Dammit....
    UPDATE: The fix has worked. I've been offered videos post-mission all morning. @Grimm_Reaper found the answer!
  • STODSYSTODSY Member Posts: 28
    Same here since I installed the new optional update my videos have disappeared.
    Hopeless
  • HopelessHopeless Member Posts: 10
    Same Same, no Cinema and no after mission videos since the optional update ..
    Dragonfyrepsychwolf
    Bummer. Try the other stuff, I guess. :-(
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    After today's update I lost videos as well ;(
    Zenk0Loewe1968
    Both gone for me as well. Few folks in my guild has the same issue
    Loewe1968
  • EwuitesEwuites Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2016
    I updated my game last night and since then i get no in challenge commercials and the theater is blacked out. My girlfriend had the same effekt after the previous update and its kind of annoying to have på pay 50 gold to get that much needed golden box.

Maybe its weird to wish for commercials but in this case its crucial for development. And yes both my GF and I enjoy the game.
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 536
    @Shteevie

Thanks for your answer! I like them and have given an "Agree". I love the game, I like the birthday week bonuses. Thank you!

But this logic is unfortunately wrong:

“… I do hope that some of the birthday week bonuses, like 1 gas challenge missions, have helped you open more crates; this reduces the difference in total rewards per day between those that can and those that can't see the videos. …”

All have the birthday week bonuses, players with videos (cinema and crates) have more and players without videos (cinema and crates) have more through the birthday week bonuses. So all have more, but the difference in total rewards per day is the same, they will not lower! Excuse me, simple logic. ;)
    edited October 2016
    Before update I had always adverts. Now after 12 hrs still nothing.... It isn't coincidence
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,823
    For me the videos are also gone after the optional 2.1.1 update.
  • Zenk0Zenk0 Member Posts: 2
    Same fo me...videos are gone after the optional update.
  • Gunny_HighwayGunny_Highway Member Posts: 218
    Very nice NG, after the last update, works even on the device, where it went before nothing more, even since kino does not function there anymore.
    Respected NG, unn I can not see any movies with any movies.
    Bravo bravo bravo, with every crazed update gets worse.
    But the good thing is, I am in my opinion, no cent in the game to get stuck, for a solid thank you to NG. Now I can use this money at least meaningfully.