Increased Body Shots: it may not be all in your head

MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
In the Game Issues section of the forum, @Teeceezy revealed that NG found a bug that makes survivors equipped with Bulletproof armor experience an increase in Body Shots towards their victims. This will be fixed in update 2.2 :smiley:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/16499/bulletproof-trait-issue#latest
ggbatsDoTakBorutozosonInspTurbinesrgerkmanpsychwolfbubblesOneVoiceZetteFunGamingTrash

Comments

• rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @Bill_ZRT
    Info that might be good to put in your Thread?
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    ggbatsMizTyMrsScattercushionTheLostOnes
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    Thanks! I opened a thread a few days ago about two same-strength hunters of which one had significantly more bodyshots. But I checked and saw that she indeed has a Bulletproof armor.

Thank gawd that’s been cleared up :)
    MizTyTheLostOnes
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    Thanks for bringing this into the general section @MizTy

If I thought this game was consistent from player to player and across platforms, I would immediately remove any armor with bulletproof until 2.2

But since I know it's not, what I'll do instead is watch for it very carefully

Cheers for the heads up :)
    MizTyRedEye52TheLostOnes
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,392
    @rgerkman
    Yes, absolutely! In fact when I went to add this to my thread this morning I discovered that I didn't have edit access to the original post. I sent a message to @Teeceezy and I'm sure it will get straightened out soon. I appreciate you flagging me here though just in case I missed it!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

rgerkmanMizTyTheLostOnes
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie

Does the gear just have to have the Bulletproof trait on it or does the trait have to be unlocked?

@Intersolar's post that @MizTy linked to seems to indicate the trait has to be unlocked to incur the bug.

I was wondering if we could get some sort of confirmation on this, if possible, please.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    MizTy
  • IntersolarIntersolar Member Posts: 18
    @Dodkong I'm sure that bulletproof has to be unlocked. I have used unupgraded armor with this trait without any problem.
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    Yep, this solved my problem. I have a level 8 Hunter they keeps getting body shots on anything. Very frustrating. I changed his armor and it immediately improved. Yay!
    MizTy
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,196
    Lol... That's literally absurd. I can't believe someone screwed up the coding of the armor that badly. Jeez.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Honestly, quite pissed about this. I don't have that much armor fit for the level so I can't just switch things up. This enables successes on Storymissions for me.
    MizTyPig
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    I'm glad we caught the issue, which also led to another bug that would have possibly made it into 2.2 to be found and fixed as well. That armor will definitely be worth having post-patch, so don't toss it.

And anyone that needs to hunt for replacements should make sure to play on Sunday...
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    BorutoInspTurbines
    @Shteevie WHAT IS SUNDAY.?! DON'T JUST TEASE ME WITH THOSE THREE DOTS.

#hopingforincreasedchanceonleghuntergearwithoutbulletdodge
  • Black_JackBlack_Jack Member Posts: 278
    @Boruto you were spot on!
    Boruto
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    @GreySeer Sunday is reduced trade good shop items.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    Boruto
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    Why do we need to hunt for replacements?
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2016
    masmith93 said:

Why do we need to hunt for replacements?

You might want to hunt for replacements until 2.2 when this is fixed so you're survivors can do more damage. Right now if they have armor on with this trait, there going to have a ton more body shots which makes clearing high level challenges very difficult. For example trying to clear a high level Archives map with 3 assaults when two of them have bullet dodge. Ugh!
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

psychwolf
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    Oh I have armor I swap out for raiders. Thank god- If I had to spend more XP to upgrade eq because of a bug, I would be pretty pissed off.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    The_LoraxggbatsTheLostOneslmfgunnut
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,196
    @Shteevie what's the other bug that you speak of?
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,244
    I noticed my Daryl has been having body shots WAY too often but I don't have bulletproof armor equipped to him. I know it's not my imagination because my other hunters don't even come close to the amount of body shots he's been getting.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    @tiwyg is your Daryl at the same level as your other hunters and using the same quality of gear?
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,244
    @NCDawgFan Yep, same level, class and same level gear.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Strange @tiwyg . Good luck figuring it out.
    psychwolf
  • snafusnafu Member Posts: 226
    I always thought that Daryl's lack of luck trait made him body shot more often than other hunters.
    psychwolf
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @JayZ
    Something related to a 2.2 change - nothing in the live game.

@tiwyg
    If you want to screencap your characters that you are referring to and PM me with your thoughts, I'll take a look.

@snafu
    Luck doesn't factor into body shots. It only affects other traits from survivors or gear with a chance to activate.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • soggybottomssoggybottoms Member Posts: 151
    edited October 2016
    @Shteevie mentioned Sunday trade shop. If there is gear in the trade shop I won't be able to buy :( The legendary gear we had before was 12,500 TG's and I usually don't have over 5000 at the most. Enjoy the deals for me guys, I need to become a bit more frugal I guess. I wish there was gear in the store all the time B) !!! Hint, hint, hint....