Give us your feedback on rewards!

Comments

• irishmobirishmob Member Posts: 482
    Considering I have members thinking of quitting the game and don't care about getting stars because the rewards are useless. Makes it very frustrating to motivate members to get stars when the rewards suck. I stopped at 237 stars and only kept 2 items.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,851
    irishmob said:

Considering I have members thinking of quitting the game and don't care about getting stars because the rewards are useless. Makes it very frustrating to motivate members to get stars when the rewards suck. I stopped at 237 stars and only kept 2 items.

That's why I don't understand why all the guilds push for stars because from day 1 the rewards were carp (sp). It has scrap value but that's basically it.
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Thanks for all your comments guys! We are collating these replies to get a comprehensive picture of how you guys are feeling. Do keep the thoughts rolling in.
  • JaytecJaytec Member Posts: 19
    also a change of clothing would be goos and some new faces to the survivors, and how about a better way of getting more xp
    Hey guys, I will quit playing the game. It's getting boring and too repetitive. Hope all of you reach challenge your goals and keep improving. Bye. @Teeceezy That's what I woke to this morning from a member. More and more are leaving.
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Holy cow,another one lost?

Cmon people-quitters quit.A REWARD for me,would be to make both LB's a 2 week challenge,thereby guys/gals are not grinding non stop-guilds could plan a 2 week hiatus for farming,or just down time.Keeps the game fresh,develope friendships-release stress instead of creating it.The onus at the moment is reaching a breaking point on dedicated players that want rewards for time and effort.Both should have their rewards,the guy in a guild that's like,"Nah I'm gonna push this week-don't need a break" He deserves his just rewards,as does the guild as whole when they push together.

Highly competitive guilds will continue to push-and burn out is inevitable.At least this way we have options.
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Personally, I rarely bother going for stars due to the low rewards in relation to fuel costs. Instead I do the supply runs.
    On 412 deadlies now so chasing 500 for the gold reward. The equipment and food/exp awards are better too but it would be nice (I believe I've already said) if the weapons/armour I am awarded was tailored to the level of survivors I have.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • MirzaMirza Member Posts: 133
    @TK-421
    Allright, i think you got plenty of ideas and i hope something will change soon in our favor. We understand that its all about money in this industry but give something back to the loyal players or otherwise more and more players will simply quit.

Thank you! :)
    irishmob
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    DarkFae said:

JAG said:

.....But, somehow I don't think it would be fair to have rewards that always match player level. That would make strong players even stronger, then needing even stronger rewards etc.....

If the stronger players can reach the higher levels then why should they be punished with crap rewards until everyone else can catch up to them? I'm sorry but your counterpoint doesn't make any sense. I mean honestly what motivation would stronger players have to keep playing and pushing their games further if they can't do anything until someone that has just discovered the game yesterday catches up to them? ....
    Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have used the word "fair" because it took away my point.

Main point being: Everyone seems to request more power. If devs give in to that they will not be able to develop the game any further, I doubt they will be able to make new episodes any fun considering what some players will carry. We've seen the history books - will you want to play anymore when you've got the epic nuke? (Not saying that I didn't enjoy Lemmings...)

Thus: My suggestion was that instead of giving us new rewards that in a weeks time will be cry matter, focus development in renewing the game. The balance I'm trying to put the light on was not "high level vs. newbie", but "those that play 24/7 vs. developers that has to go to meetings". Make the game play the real value, not the bonus chests!

Disclaimer: Not saying that they can't adjust the rewarding strategies too. (I recently got a warrier, but the sword she's carrying makes her rather useless, so I'd love it if I got some of those even before the Warrier was unlocked.) And remember I'm a newbie, I don't understand what it's like to be maxed out and only get crappy equipment. I don't understand why people complain over in-game rewards as the only reason to play - don't you enjoy the game mechanics in itself?

Still: Fairness is a factor to consider. Especially if there's ever player-vs-player games. @DarkFae is likely right that experienced players will be alienated if newcomers can catch up in a week, but I doubt that will be true. And the in-mind experience of the long-time player will excel that of the newcomer. I like to refer to the Chess board-game. Every player has equal pieces and rules, yet the newbie is no match for the high-rank. Maybe that's a game that wouldn't catch the attention of the advanced gamer here, but it's fair and rewarding.

Sorry for long posts with vague points. I'll leave it at that. Just my two cents in the reward bucket.
    [Deleted User]FizzyPinot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited January 2016
    JAG said:

DarkFae said:

JAG said:

.....But, somehow I don't think it would be fair to have rewards that always match player level. That would make strong players even stronger, then needing even stronger rewards etc.....

If the stronger players can reach the higher levels then why should they be punished with crap rewards until everyone else can catch up to them? I'm sorry but your counterpoint doesn't make any sense. I mean honestly what motivation would stronger players have to keep playing and pushing their games further if they can't do anything until someone that has just discovered the game yesterday catches up to them? ....
    Sorry, maybe I shouldn't have used the word "fair" because it took away my point.

Main point being: Everyone seems to request more power. If devs give in to that they will not be able to develop the game any further, I doubt they will be able to make new episodes any fun considering what some players will carry. We've seen the history books - will you want to play anymore when you've got the epic nuke? (Not saying that I didn't enjoy Lemmings...)

Thus: My suggestion was that instead of giving us new rewards that in a weeks time will be cry matter, focus development in renewing the game. The balance I'm trying to put the light on was not "high level vs. newbie", but "those that play 24/7 vs. developers that has to go to meetings". Make the game play the real value, not the bonus chests!

Disclaimer: Not saying that they can't adjust the rewarding strategies too. (I recently got a warrier, but the sword she's carrying makes her rather useless, so I'd love it if I got some of those even before the Warrier was unlocked.) And remember I'm a newbie, I don't understand what it's like to be maxed out and only get crappy equipment. I don't understand why people complain over in-game rewards as the only reason to play - don't you enjoy the game mechanics in itself?

Still: Fairness is a factor to consider. Especially if there's ever player-vs-player games. @DarkFae is likely right that experienced players will be alienated if newcomers can catch up in a week, but I doubt that will be true. And the in-mind experience of the long-time player will excel that of the newcomer. I like to refer to the Chess board-game. Every player has equal pieces and rules, yet the newbie is no match for the high-rank. Maybe that's a game that wouldn't catch the attention of the advanced gamer here, but it's fair and rewarding.

Sorry for long posts with vague points. I'll leave it at that. Just my two cents in the reward bucket.
    @JAG

I think we missed each others points because you totally misinterpreted what I said. I said people who have been playing the game shouldn't have to wait for people who have just discovered to the game to catch up before being rewarded with new gear.

As council levels increase, players upgrade their buildings and tomato plots, max character levels increase and due to the fact that spawn levels (both power and quantity) seem to have an unlimited capacity to increase only a lack of interest in pushing the game development further would prohibit the Devs from "being able" to develop more game in lieu of their busy meeting schedules.

You are complaining about a useless character because of it's low grade weapon but when others complain of not getting the weapons they need for their own characters, your response is that the developers are busy at meetings and we shouldn't be playing 24/7 so just enjoy the game without having it progress and develop any further even when the developers stop and ask you what you would like? Are you enjoying the game instead with your character who is useless due to the lack of a powerful enough weapon to use it? Would you like the developers to continue to attend meetings instead of resolve that for you? Why are you trying to tell me that's what I should do then? If the developers were too busy to push the game forward attending meetings then they wouldn't have stopped to ask the community what it wants would they? And players who spend a lot of time playing are the ones who can provide the best feedback to the developers about their product.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    @DarkFae you're right, we're talking past each other. Just let me clarify that I did not once say that what you said was wrong or that you don't have the right to feel whatever you feel. (Even when you say that my point makes no sense I disagree but respect your opinion.)

My post was not directed to you, but to the devs. They asked me what I want, and I tried to answer: I believe the most rewarding development would be something game-changing. I'm sure they can do it if they don't get stuck in reward escalation war.

The reference to meetings was just an allegory, I know nothing about that, but am pretty sure that the armada of players will eventually stun them out if they try to challenge us face to face. They have to be smart not to be outnumbered. I doubt that anyone said that people should wait because of newcomers, so we definitely agree on that moot point.

While waiting to see what the devs make out of this thread I do enjoy the game, even running my warrior just to get to know her better and feeling sorry for her when getting spanked. I believe getting bruised up is part of the game, as is the embedded wait and dismay. I do spend a lot of my time in this game so I believe I know very well how their product is perceived by a late-starter and learning from the elders about their perspective.

To devs: There is a lot of constructive reward feedback in this thread, I didn't mean to object to any of those. I was just afraid that you would take the simple way out and end up in a corner.

Now, I'll go get some loot and stars for the fun of it. Over and out. // JAG
  • EzyEzy Member Posts: 84
    The system is making a fool of me... Here's why:

After 3, or maybe 4 hours farming about 1.1kk XP, opening every single chest I could, and upgrade these weapons, when I did the LAST upgrade at all, and was playing again, look what I dropped immediately :

Here's the weapons upgraded:

and this:

When I just finished the job, the next two Missions, gave me this:

and this:

WTF! I can't understand why!!
  • aysatyoaysatyo Member Posts: 352
    Ezy said:

The system is making a fool of me... Here's why:

After 3, or maybe 4 hours farming about 1.1kk XP, opening every single chest I could, and upgrade these weapons, when I did the LAST upgrade at all, and was playing again, look what I dropped immediately :

Here's the weapons upgraded:

and this:

When I just finished the job, the next two Missions, gave me this:

and this:

WTF! I can't understand why!!

i think you cant upgrade yet your level 15 assault riffle. so better use the fully upgraded one for now.. and for the scout weapon, it will take a long time before you fully upgrade it to max, so better use the fully upgraded one also for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    edited January 2016
    @Ezy

Don't complain. That's what happened to me then all of a sudden I was drowning in green gear too high for me to open (several pieces are as high as level 15 unopened). I've been pulling down more green than the average CEO. I bet if I go check to see if my Guild has earned any guild rewards right now I'm going to get something green in at least one chest lol. I have green gear atm that would require me to upgrade my council (current level 13) at least twice before I can upgrade my workshop (current level 10) high enough to open it. I would rather have gold gear that starts at 13 unopened since that's where my survivors are at now.

@JAG

I'm generally a nice person but I'm also born and raised in New York. I tend to try not to assume so I ask a lot of questions.That's just how we learn and debate where I'm from. Wasn't trying to be disrespectful just trying to figure out where you were coming from is all. I think the Dev's will do just fine in making the right decisions as far as the game is concerned and admire the fact that they are pausing to get feedback from the NML community. I don't really prescribe to the notion that offering better more powerful weapons will back the Devs into a corner or harm the game in anyway. The game is about survival in the mist of a walker epidemic. IMO there can never be enough weapons. More level appropriate and stronger weapons = Good/Dead survivors on the ground getting eaten by walkers = Bad. That's what I want the Dev's to take away from everything I've said in this thread.

I stand corrected. I just finished upgrading my workshop to level 11 and checked my inventory again and found this :D

@aysatyo I already did the upgrade at the Scout weapon, practically at the same day I got it:

@DarkFae I'm fully upgraded in all constructions... Just waiting for the Patch to get lvl 15 gear up. I don't have too much, but I'm glad with all I got so far... Here's some exemple:

I'm sure that with patience and time, a lot of good stuff will arrive, until there -- and if it didn't happen -- I'm not sure yet about which Pistol I should use/grade. Maybe the time answer my question. :smile::smirk:
    @Ezy that was fast.. :smiley:
    @Ezy that was fast.. :smiley:
  • SierraSierra Member Posts: 71
    *Perks Introduction*

Although there are many great options posted here and should be taken into consternation I think that an introduction to a new reward could answer the problems posed with long gas waits, MASSIVE Xp costs on upgrades and week(s) of waiting to upgrade a building. It would also be a refreshing new ability for us to play with.

In rare boxes we add something like a "Half XP cost perk" that cuts upgrades in half for a limited amount of time. The same could be done for gas (half gas missions for 24 hours / 12 hours), and tomatoes.
  • MrCifelliMrCifelli Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2016
    It was probably already mentioned, but the risk/reward's for deadly missions should be worth it! If you're going to lose a survivor that you've trained for so long, you should have a better reward then what is set now!
    Maybe to make it worth it if you don't select a gold/silver ticket, charge more gold to purchase the rewards!

Thanks, Mr Cifelli "FearTheDead"
    Owlkapwn said:

This is a must fix, you have to remove 3 star, rare items from gold tickets.

Got the same thing here dude! It's a lot of sucks...:

• agentwalker1agentwalker1 Member Posts: 60
    11) Shorter healing times, it takes only a few minutes to fail a tough episode, (especially when the lvl requires lvl 17 survivors and we are only able to have lvl 15 survivors at this time) yet you have to wait over 2 hours to heal and try again. Even if you upgrade the hospital, it costs 860k supplies for 10 extra minutes while it takes forever to earn 860k supplies.
    2) I am glad that I have earned lvl 16 & 17 weapons, BUT i cannot use them because survivors can only reach lvl 15 at this time, so thanks for the awesome weapons, but it would be great if I could actually use them.
    3) It would be great if you could have rewards match the level of survivors or even the level that you are playing. So many times I have received rewards that are low stars or equipment that is useless to my high level survivors, getting super low level armors when I have high level survivors is not helpful.
    4) Using radios: the survivors caps are so low generally that it is pointless to keep them because I am at level 37 and most of my survivors are capped out at lvl 14 & 15, I have used countless number of radios and even if I do get epic, their cap is lvl 14 or 15 and the levels require level 17 survivors already, so it is pointless to spend an enormous amount of XP to train them up to their capacity if they cannot pass the level.
    4) Maybe let players have a choice of weapons that they can purchase, I get so many bruiser and scout weapons and rarely get hunter or shooter or warrior rewards, or maybe give rewards that are related to survivors most used, or survivors used on that mission.
    5) The tiers of rewards should be comparable to the mission lvl and walker lvl. I have maxed out ll of my weapons and still can't pass some lvl 17/18 walkers.
    6) More XP when scrapping a weapon that you have upgraded. Yo can spend up to 200k+ XP only to get 5k in return.

The game was fun in the beginning, but the higher you get, the more frustrating and difficult it is to pass levels and attain appropriate weapons/rewards that are useful. My biggest problem is survivor lvl caps being too low at this point in the game. Getting epic survivors is great but if their highest level is 14 or 15 then they become obsolete very quickly because lvl 18/19 walkers are almost impossible to kill.
  • pandolyronpandolyron Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2016
    Just for fun lol! Check below

Well if i had a idea, i would like to see something like a co-op game. You need 2 friends from the guild to play together with you on normal or even deadly missions. Make it more fun. Because actualy, TWD is mostly a solo game where a guild isn't of any real utility except for few extra rewards. Of course, those may drop better items (and why not guaranted gold ticket from deadly, or multiple?)
    With same lv character (+-1~2 of course).

Other them that (out of rewards system), try to add a friendlist option or a message box. Because out of the guild, you can't message any players. In case you wish to keep in touch in game, or if someone betray you and boot everyone in guild, you have no chance to get them back if they don't look back at your guild (wich happen to the one i'm actualy in).
  • LawdogLawdog Member Posts: 836
    Was this a serious thread.
  • MizifuuMizifuu Member Posts: 62
    I think Cinema needs some love.
    When I see I have cinema videos avaliable, I'm not excited at all, unlike when I have videos avaliable after a exploration mission.

Some sugestions:
    - Don't give 1 or 2 star items
    - Raise item/food/exp reward to match highest level exploration mission avaliable.
    - Allow to open 2 or 3 chests or increase its value (always silver or gold)
    - Gas cans are the only rewards that are fine to me.

• popuxipopuxi Member Posts: 1
    Our guild just hit the 5184 stars and the rewards were 14k xp and a green level 11 riffle!!!!!!! That is completely ridiculous. There should be an incitement to reach higher levels
    @popuxi we got similar for 2592 stars. Rewards didn't better, so we stopped and decided to farm instead.
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Started to noticed a pattern all the grey shit from no ticket boxes seems to be the level you want but the ticket items are alway several levels lower.
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    Please allow us to scrap Supplies. Yes, they're very helpful rewards but once we reach the point a lot of us are currently at where we can no longer update our camps, getting Supplies is infuriating. We will always need more exp so why not give us another way to acquire it?
    sborg
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 575
    I've been getting lvl 15 and 16 weapons. I can't use the lvl 16's because my council and training are max'd out and I can't upgrade some of the 15 lvl weapons because the workshop is max'd out. Maybe I should be thinking long-term, but I can't help thinking that XPs and supplies might be more useful at the moment.
    Grimnar
This discussion has been closed.