New class: Heavy gunner

WhyDoYouDieWhyDoYouDie Member Posts: 160
edited October 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
Hello all i just came up with an idea and wanted to share with you guys. idk if there is already something suggested like this or so.

Class description: The gunner class is a class using heavy machine guns such as MG34 / minigun / MG249 / M60. He has extreme firepower over a wide area of the map. But keeping a heavy machine gun comes with slow movement speed and some lower hit rates.

Movement: The gunner is equiped with some heavy gear makeing him move slower than other classes (50%-75% of hunter movement range)

Attack + range: The gunner uses his big gun to lay some rain of fire in a cone (like the assault class with a range of the hunter class) dealing some heavy damage. Damage increases the closer the target is. The farther away the lower the damage and higher dodge rate. However before you can attack you will need to 'deploy' your gun. Also using big guns comes at a cost, each time gunner attacks he or she will create 2 threat instead of 1.

Deploy and pack up: Deploying your gun will take 1 action point, meaning you can only move + deploy in one turn or deploy and shoot (no movement). when deploing you will choose an area in a cone where you want to fire. Once deployed you will not be able to change the shooting area, you will have to pack up and deploy again to change your target area. Packing up just like deploying cost 1 action point.

Charge ability
option 1 Hury hury: Get 1 free action point for faster deploy / pack up with movement.

option 2 spray and pray: upon attacking select a smaller cone for a bonus round of bullets. both attacks are idividual, when the first round of fire does a crit damage this doesn't mean the second will crit aswell, the same applies for dodge effects.

Dammage taken : Since the gunner uses big machine guns he or she is equiped with well armored gear makeing her take less damage from bullets (50%) however all this armor makes him less manoeuvrable and will take additional damage from all melee attacks (50% additional from bruiser, 100% additional damage from warrior / scout).

Though gunner : The gunners armor makes him unvernable to stuns.

Pro's : The gunner is a class which should be played with extreme tactics. His wide cone and damage are ideal to take out large groups of zombies. But be carefull with his deploy action and low movement range.

Cons : The gunner can deal massive damage to a large group of enemies. But his lack of movement range may get him surrounded by zombies easy. Aswell as his deploy action and cone attack range should be used wisely since you can't change your fire direction so easly.

Gameplay : The gunner is best placed in an open area for maximum efficiency. While you can use one survivor to lure zombies in the fire line of the gunner be sure to use another survivor to protect your gunner once deployed.
TheBRADLeyBAvengers

Comments

• SynapseRangerSynapseRanger Member Posts: 233
    Seems pretty good, but maybe a bit over powered considering heavy dmg. Maybe if there's increased chance for body shots it could be effectively paired with scouts, dispatching the leftover walkers. Good idea overall!
    Good luck, dumbass
  • WhyDoYouDieWhyDoYouDie Member Posts: 160
    KelvSG said:

Sound pretty similar to assault class. I would prefer to see rocket launcher instead. Or flamethrower, Pyro !

same attacking (in a cone) but different gameplay.
    bump
    anyone?
  • Nightwolf1986Nightwolf1986 Member Posts: 46
    Not bad idea, but maybe there should be some kind of advance class when a survivor reach a certain lvl. So this can be the upgrade of an assault survivor.

Not bad idea, but maybe there should be some kind of advance class when a survivor reach a certain lvl. So this can be the upgrade of an assault survivor.

maybe yhea
  • autumn_ashautumn_ash Member Posts: 325
    KelvSG said:

Sound pretty similar to assault class. I would prefer to see rocket launcher instead. Or flamethrower, Pyro !

A good idea for Rufus. I see the new poll about Rufus' new weapon. There's some rifles with a bottle attached to them. Maybe they'll implement that - flamethrower with cone damage area, working on moonshine B)
    TWD ⭐️ FearTWD ⭐️ Ride with Norman Reedus
    T_12
  • T_12T_12 Member Posts: 712
    @WhyDoYouDie I like your idea but I feel this is just an extension of assault class. Maybe a new weapon type can be introduced under the assault class itself.
    What would be better IMO is if new classes like Grenadier and Medic are introduced! What do you say??
    Alive!
    grenadier would just be like rufus and its weapon. I wanted to have a different mechanic which is risk <> reward wise.