I think I know why challenge schedules were changed.

DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
NG has said that we'll understand the logic to why the challenges were changed from Monday morning through Saturday morning to Wednesday morning through Monday morning soon...

For the most part Friday has been the only day where the challenges and weekend events overlapped. I would buy unlimited gas Friday so I could take advantage of both the challenge and weekend event.

When we look at the challenge being moved alone it looks like nothing's going on Monday and Tuesday. No weekend event and no challenge.

But...

What if NG plans to extend the "weekend" event going forward? Ideally Friday, Saturday and Sunday would be filled with both a boost event of some sort and challenges. Since many people on the forum have stated that "weekends are for family" perhaps NG realizes this and wants to allow players whom don't play the weekend to get to experience an "event" on Monday and Tuesday during the week when they play.

Wednesday 3pm UTC - Monday 3pm UTC is challenges

Friday 8am UTC - Wednesday 8am UTC would be an event of sorts.

This way Friday - Sunday both would be going on and Monday & Tuesday would get the benefits of the event without the need to grind challenges.

Idk just a thought anyway.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
| My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
MusatatrainofficialInspTurbineszosonmcbkhicksMizTysrmcn1031

Comments

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Or maybe their records show that more people buy boosters on Saturdays, so by stretching the challenges over Sunday too, they might increase income?
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    SgtSalami
  • HershelsheadHershelshead Member Posts: 126
    You're all putting way too much thought into it. People are back at school, so they don't play so much during the week, so now the challenge extends into the weekend, when there's no school. There wasn't any scientific calculation I'm sure associated with why it got switched other than the noticed fewer hours Monday to Friday due to school
    BarcodeJ[Deleted User]
    If they were focusing on keeping content to the show, I need an explanation of where flaming and exploding walkers came from in the game.
    Actually you're probably right jester. We will get "gifts", the gifts we have to pay for.
    [Deleted User]
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,650
    I think they wanted to keep Monday/Tuesday open for when to push out updates.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988

If they were focusing on keeping content to the show, I need an explanation of where flaming and exploding walkers came from in the game.

That's been explained before.
    I believe there were 2 instances, 1 was in the warehouse with Nick & Glenn. One of the walkers had a grenade on them that they shot at.
    The other was when they found the RPG. I don't recall what actually happened, if the walker blew up, or whether it was just a reference that they had explosives on them.
    masmith93
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    edited October 2016
    Morgan also killed flaming walkers in S6.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
    MizTyTheLostOneslmfgunnut
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,031
    Since the show airs Sunday nights in the US and IIRC it's Mondays in Europe, maybe they want the week's show to be viewed before coming out with new challenges on Wednesday? Last year they had challenges related to the show, such as having the Slaughterhouse or the Hilltop right after those corresponding TWD episodes were aired. Perhaps this is the reason. They have been teasing that the game will be tied more closely to the show this season.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    Well, the show introduced us to a new character that we are slated to get to know a whole lot better this season. They can tie into that and make him my hero in the game. :)
    I'll even allow that on any day of the week. :)
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    edited October 2016
    Ikr?! How in the world did Jesus get Hero status in NML 2.0? I'm still shaking my head at that. Hershel is a Hero. Andrea is a Hero. No blasphemy intended, but what did Jesus do that was dang heroic? We just don't know Jesus well enough yet for him to have reached Hero status

Wait @MadPuppy We are talking about Jesus, right?

(More coffee please...)
    InspTurbinesRicksbeard
  • InspTurbinesInspTurbines Member Posts: 706
    edited October 2016
    I believe it is Negan, because ya know he is a bit off! ;)

And, I don't trust any of those Hilltop folks.
    MizTy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,829
    edited October 2016
    @MizTy hell no!, I was talking about the one charachter in all of fiction land that has ever reached such a high level of being an example to me: Negan. He's my ultimate role model. My rule book. The measuring stick to which I'm held. I wish he was my dad. ... hmm, might have got carried away just a tad bit there. (Guess who I want as my new hero in 2.2) :)

Did you ask What Would Jesus Do? ;) He made the TWD universe a whole lot bigger. He's cool. He's good looking. He's mysterious. But he's already in the game as a hero, cannot very well add him again now can they?
    MizTy
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    I was bummed that NG included Jesus as one of the original heros. He simply hasn't done anything worthy of hero status.... yet

And I truly don't understand why anyone would object to NG introducing a hero who died. I mean, look at Hershel. How can he not be a hero? He's the ultimate medic. Being dead only increases their hero status, it doesn't disqualify NML from having them. Imo

As far as Negs goes, hell yeah I'd like to play with his bad ass bruiser self. And you can bet this year's thanksgiving turkey that I'd invest in Lucille as well if Negs was introduced

Buuuuttttttt .....
    My wager is still on Eugenes lock picking as the character that will be introduced in 2.2 sorry MadPuppy, I don't think you're going to to see Negan in NML quite yet
    InspTurbines
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,394
    I say it's Negan... maybe you unlock him by sacrificing one or more of your existing heroes. :wink:
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

MizTyInspTurbinesJackBauer
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    I think it'll be King Ezekiel. Without his tiger. Or maybe his tiger will be his charged ability.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    Tessy276
  • DCBMETDCBMET Member Posts: 392
    I vote that Murphy gets the newest hero slot. A little bit of crossover here, a little walker control there.
    wrinkled_bagpsychwolf
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    edited October 2016
    @MizTy

Hershel might be a hero, but we've rarely seen him kill - he doesn't belong in any distinctive class. Whereas, Rick is known for his gun, Michonne for her sword, Abraham for his rifle, and Jesus for his knives/melee weapons.
    Also I think they included him because he's the only character we've been introduced to so far that represents the newer, more different, & much bigger upcoming TWD world - all the other heroes are main characters to us...for right now anyway.

And if the new hero is Eugene, I think dick biting leader skill is more useful than 'lock picking'!!
    MizTy[Deleted User]Cherokee_RoseRedEye52
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,031
    Actually, I recall that Herschel was really good with a rifle, once he decided it was morally okay to kill walkers.
    JazzMizTy
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    @TransmuteJun We've seen Hershel use a rifle in like what 2 episodes? And only when he had no choice, like when those people attacked at the bar & when the farm got overrun! Like I said, he's not known for his killing abilities. When you think of Hershel, you don't think "oh yeah, he's a real badass killer".
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 386
    I look at the heroes more like a "hall of fame". Definitely room for any of the great ones we have lost. I'll take Shane and Rick as shooters on my team any day!

Jerry Dixon (Grey Wolf Society)
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
    MadPuppy
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    So, if Hershel, maybe a healing ability?
    When charged, he can refill the lifeline if any of the team that has been hit.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    MadPuppyRedEye52