How to lift gear upgrade cap: Scrapping gives materials, upgrading costs materials

FelioFelio Member Posts: 103
That way we will always need gear, because it will be the only source of upgrade materials (rather than using XP).

Comments

• JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    Do you mean upgrading the level or rarity of gear?

If they lift the gear level cap, then they would have to add more traits for each level you upgrade - traits you'll likely be unable to choose or even know which one you'll get, it'd be just like the promoting of the survivors rarity, you don't know which trait you'll get upon leveling up. The system would be too chaotic to work.

Now scrapping gear (in exchange for some kind of gear tokens) to upgrade the rarity of gear would be a good idea, that way the traits are still the same, but can become more powerful. I got a lot of rare equipment with great traits and a lot of leg equipment with crap traits, if I could upgrade my rare equipment with the good traits to epic or legendary, that'd be awesome.
  • malcolmmalcolm Member Posts: 29
    That sounds like a great fun idea 4 people who grind out their time and gas good for them people who spend money on the game bad for them
  • FelioFelio Member Posts: 103
    edited October 2016
    Jazz said:

Do you mean upgrading the level or rarity of gear?

If they lift the gear level cap, then they would have to add more traits for each level you upgrade -

No, they wouldn't.

malcolm said:

That sounds like a great fun idea 4 people who grind out their time and gas good for them people who spend money on the game bad for them

Wut?
  • JazzJazz Member Posts: 125
    @Felio if it was even a realistic possibility, XP would be rendered useless if you could only upgrade survivors with it, no one would buy more/new equipment with money or with TG if they could just upgrade the lvl of the gear they already have (meaning NG won't make money - so it ain't ever gonna happen).
  • FelioFelio Member Posts: 103
    Jazz said:

@Felio if it was even a realistic possibility, XP would be rendered useless if you could only upgrade survivors with it, no one would buy more/new equipment with money or with TG if they could just upgrade the lvl of the gear they already have (meaning NG won't make money - so it ain't ever gonna happen).

I don't buy gear because it has a limited shelf life, but I must be the minority.
    crambert_nec
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,376
    I don't think they need to make this concept a complicated process like the removal of the survivor level cap. Just remove the level cap on gear, period. No upgrading or promoting different rarities of equipment, no scrapping for "parts" like some people have proposed, just no more level cap so gear can increase with your survivors with each new council upgrade. The three traits like normal can be unlocked at certain levels, but after that it's just level increases. I agree with @Felio's concept, if they remove these level caps, more people (myself included) would be more inclined to spend $$ on NG's weapon bundles because they won't have an expiration date.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    WallStreetFelio