Update 2.2 Discussion Thread (Combat Rebalancing)

Comments

• nickc25nickc25 Member Posts: 309
    Shteevie said:

As for refunds, it's not my place to say. I'm not the refund team, and we're not the first company to make balancing adjustments to a live game. Anyone who has played online pvp games, or collectible card games, or followed sports has seen events like this in the past. We believe it is for the betterment of the game in the long run, allows us to make more content that you will be interested in playing, and keep players in the game for longer rather than letting them get bored of the one best strategy.

If you are in disagreement with me in the moment, I completely understand. Whether or not you bought or grinded for your current team, I know that making adjustments is rough. We don't make these changes lightly, and we certainly don't do it to wring money out of players.

Stick around for a week and try the Season 7 stuff. Maybe you'll like the rewards. Try the new challenges. Maybe you'll agree that the effort is more rewarding. There are a lot of traits that are due to be improved, and I'm pretty confident that we can get those out before too long. To go along with other improvements as I have discussed elsewhere on the forums, of course.

Luckily we are protected by EU law, otherwise I'm sure we'd get some token gesture from you instead.

I played your other game - was in the top posse, you've not updated that game since APRIL and had to get a refund from Apple with some of the changes there, at least there it wasn't fraud, u like with this.

I love this game and the little community our guild is and now it's just gone because I won't do business with people who will literally offer something for sale and then hours later totally change it. I've heard that Morgan's staff doesn't work as welll anymore, that was another £10 purchase too.
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

Join our guild chat with GroupMe!
    Top8dogAfewlivepurfect247
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @nickc25 Can you point me in the direction where I can find more info about Morgan's Staff not working? Thanks.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    I'm guessing Morgan's staff isn't working "properly" because of the change to Concussion trait.
    Top8dogAfewliveRedEye52
    Teeceezy said:

@nickc25 Can you point me in the direction where I can find more info about Morgan's Staff not working? Thanks.

Hiya,

Someone in my guild said it is only stunning one at a time now
    Revolutiongamer is recruiting 200+ star players - search for Revolutiongamer and request to join today!

I'm gonna type a more thought out response to this, if anyone looks at my history, twitter feed or whatever, I'm not one for knee jerking and I always give developers the benefit of doubt. I think for me, I'm very principled, most players won't use the forum and may have purchased a 100% interrupt weapon that was for sale for it then to be changed without notice.

Top8dogAfewlivesrmcn1031
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited October 2016
    I'm curious how far this rebalancing to make things fair goes. I hope when the challenge comes out tomorrow NG is truly interested in rebalancing things to make things fair and the rewards are rebalanced too. Since it's going to be harder to hit the milestones for the bigger rewards with luck and interrupt merged, I hope the long arm of the Rebalancer reaches into the reward tiers.

I have seen several ideas on how to end repeatables without taking away competition and none of the are without flaws. I've always been of the mindset that the 30 minute cool down is too short in higher level challenges and is what leads to burnout. After the levels get past 20 the cool down should be on a sliding scale. Level 20 the cool down is 30 minutes. Level 21 the cool down is 40 minutes. Level 22 the cool down would be 50 minutes and so on and so on. Each time level 30 is completed the cool down increases by 10 minutes. This would allow for some competition without complete burnout. You could always adjust this to 20 extra minutes per level or whatever you deem a good balance between competition and reason.

The arm of the rebalancer also needs to realize that the RSL in maps with multiple armored or tank walkers isn't accurate and needs the touch of the re balancer. A map that says RSL 22 that has no special walkers is much easier than a map that says RSL 22 and has 2 or 3 fatties is much tougher than RSL 22.
    mihaitopirceanuDuckantRedEye52
  • DrBOBDrBOB Member Posts: 223
    NG have really dropped a bomb with this bs nerf I see lots of refund incoming
    DTP Elder
    Send me a PM if interested
    Afewlive
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,475
    What happened to 100% interrupt thread has been merged to this @nickc25 .
    nickc25Afewlive
    I love how the Devs are just brushing the interrupt thing things like it's nothing and not expect players to be going crazy over it just proves how much fucks was giving they dident even put the change in announcements this will come back to bite them how many refunds claims go in after this bs.
    DTP Elder
    DuckTop8dog
    zbot said:

And I just told my guild that you're censoring people, they were shocked because I'm the least likely to be abusive or rule breaking lol

Top8dog
    Ovidmikel said:

@nickc25 totally agree without I terupt melle survivors are almost useless at even a few lvls higher and certainly on fatties and armoured no interupt no dodge equals stand with one foot in the exit and blast with ranged survivors no strategy at all .they finally made scouts a viable survivor to only make them almost useless again without interupt or dodge ability

The last month or so, I've spent about £90 getting a goood scout squad together, none of them with 100% interrupt too. So shows that steevie's response of "one strategy" is flawed. I like to have a strategy based on the mission.

Yeah most people may just blast blast blast anyway but that's the one thing I loved about this game, the strategy, how it's just one strategy, blast blast blast lol

Ovidmikelmihaitopirceanusrmcn1031
    nickc25 said:

zbot said:

And I just told my guild that you're censoring people, they were shocked because I'm the least likely to be abusive or rule breaking lol
    Don't worry zmot has mastered that nick lol
    DTP Elder
    Top8dog
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    @TheLostOnes Exactly kinda like if a shooters second shot only shoots 21.2% of the time. Lol makes that feature useless too lol
    TheLostOnesMrSorrowTop8dog
  • DCNatsDCNats Member Posts: 219
    @TheLostOnes @Shteevie you are absolutely right. If it doesn't work every time as we expected, then it is useless because you can't rely on it. If and when it fails against a higher lvl walker, you are going straight to a struggle so what is the point.
    TheLostOnesMrSorrowTop8dogsrmcn1031
    Serious question: Are the beta testers at NG only mid level players? Curious because I wonder how many low to mid level players employ 100% interrupt?

I'd be totally dine if it only worked 30% of the time on enemies 4 levels above you, but 4 levels below and the same level, that's not right. I've now deleted the game, good luck everyone.

TheLostOnesAfewlivesrmcn1031
  • z3r0d4z3z3r0d4z3 Member Posts: 80
    null
    You stated you can now upgrade other traits. Thats good, although to avoid backlash you should've had those upgrades in effect simultaneously with the nerfs. People might be more understanding you took away something if you have given something in return (not just waiting on wishes). You are the dev with the oversight of what you want the game to be in the longrun true. However you cant assume the player will have the same view. More bees with honey or some other nonsense, carry on.
    ***open to everyone***
    'leathernecks'
    Uncle Sam's misguided children
    you know who you are.
    Semper Fi

• PapacasPapacas Member Posts: 416
    @Shteevie for the 4th time i will try: why do i get RSL 21 on normal scavenge missions when i have 2 L20 survivors?

@Teeceezy i find it funny that you closed mynother thread, "NGs likes pain?". Your idea was that discussion should be held in the main 2 threads, right? Well my thread was me letting something off my chest, so why did you close it? Plus, my questions here do not get answers anyways, so i am lost, cannot understand your position...
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,475
    @all, there's a master thread for combat re-balancing that includes interrupt and other traits, so it was either merge or close the other thread and move the discussion here.
    @nickc25 don't know how you feel about golf but golf stars is an awsome game has a learning curve but online tournaments is like you're a virtual pro golfer worth checking out warning it's addictive too
    nickc25
    @blynknz so basically it's the exact same strategy I always want luck and dodge on both weapons and armour and survivor . It's still the best setup just not near as effective so much for meeting luck to make other traits more value just made that strategy half as effective