Which Survivors are you upgrading to Level 20 first?

For those maxed out players, what's your plan for Survivor Upgrades?

I'm looking forward to the Season 7 trials that start next week, so I'm going to try to plan for that. I've been focusing less on Challenge stars the last two weeks. My Training Grounds should be done in about 3 days. After that, I'm going to take my Heroes to level 20 to give me the best chance at beating the Trials and getting more Hero Tokens while they are available. In theory, I should be able to get them all to level 20 by the middle/end of next week.

Are you doing the same, or are you leveling up your A-Squads for the end of the Guild Challenges?

Hopefully I can beat the Trials with these 5 and a Rare Carol. Putting Abraham or Jesus in the Leader Position should give some decent all Ranged/all Melee teams for me. Or Carol for the increased criticals if the walker levels don't start at level 24 with level 20 Heroes.

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I thought for the 3rd trial, you could use your own survivors. Not your own heroes.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited October 2016
    @blynknz

From the Update Notes by Teeceezy:

- Season 7 Missions:
    - Every week, a new Season 7 Mission will be unlocked for you to play across a variety of difficulties. These Season 7 Missions are designed to match the plot of the most recent episode of The Walking Dead, almost as if they are deleted scenes available for you to play out for yourself!
    - Normal Mode: Play with a team of Heroes preselected for the mission, and complete a challenge suitable for players brand-new to the game.
    - Collect Tokens for a new Hero by completing these Missions!
    - Hard Mode: Using the special Hero Team, face off against a tougher version of the Season 7 Mission.
    - Collect tokens for a different Hero character each week!
    - Trial Mode: Using your own heroes, push yourself to the limit by attempting the Season 7 Mission repeatedly, each time with a higher difficulty.
    - In the early stages of the Trial mode, Supplies and XP are awarded to brave players who complete the Season 7 Mission.
    - Phone rewards are available here for those players who can make it through the toughest versions of the Season 7 Mission!
    - Featured Trial Bonus: If you can complete the Trial version of each week's Season 7 Mission before the next Season 7 Mission is unlocked, you will earn a large bonus reward of Hero Tokens. Can you handle the pressure?
    - Season 7 Missions can be found on the new Mission Hub screen, and will be unlocked shortly after the premiere of each week's new episode of the Walking Dead TV Show.
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    So one only must complete the Trial version ONCE to get the bunch of Hero Tokens? Or do you have to repeat it a certain number of times? I'm not clear what the difference is between "Trial Mode" and "Featured Trial Bonus". Also wondering how much gas these will take..?

@Teeceezy @Shteevie can you enlighten us?
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    - Trial Mode: Using your own heroes, push yourself to the limit by attempting the Season 7 Mission repeatedly, each time with a higher difficulty.
    - In the early stages of the Trial mode, Supplies and XP are awarded to brave players who complete the Season 7 Mission.
    - Phone rewards are available here for those players who can make it through the toughest versions of the Season 7 Mission!

If grinding is repeating missions over & over, then this is purely more grinding. Yes?
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    blynknzKaiser
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    I'm wondering if we can use our regular survivors instead of our heroes for the trial version .. it will be a long long time (if ever) that any of my heroes will be legendary or near good enough to push higher levels
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988

- Featured Trial Bonus: If you can complete the Trial version of each week's Season 7 Mission before the next Season 7 Mission is unlocked, you will earn a large bonus reward of Hero Tokens. Can you handle the pressure?
    - Season 7 Missions can be found on the new Mission Hub screen, and will be unlocked shortly after the premiere of each week's new episode of the Walking Dead TV Show.

Weird. I swear that was Using your own survivors
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,606
    I upgraded abraham and now Rick is training. Maggie is next.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    Shooter or Hunter. Heroes are a way back in the queue.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    Thanks shteevie! That will definitely change which survivors/heroes I upgrade first.
    rgerkmanant
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    So please share your wisdom @OneLessTitan :wink: :blush:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    OneLessTitan
    @rgerkman -- lol!!! I don't know if I'd call it wisdom....I'm still trying to figure out the best options, but here's what I'm pondering ATM...

Without knowing what types of enemies we'll be facing, it's tough to figure out. Since the mission is supposedly based on a show setting/plot, I'll initially operate under the assumption there will be Raiders/saviors included, so I'll probably upgrade a shooter or hunter first, possibly assault since stun should be useful as long as the map isn't all fatties. I'll also upgrade my "perfect" scout since I use her all the time, and she has bullet dodge so she won't be helpless against raiders and will help if there are tanks/armored.

Good thing is we should be able to get to the trials on Monday, and see what we're up against the next 6 days, so we have some time to adjust if we start down the wrong path...
    rgerkman
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    One off all classes to be as flexible as possible....
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
  • JerryDixonJerryDixon Member Posts: 387
    Can anyone share the XP costs for training level 19's to 20? Any difference on pre/post-nocap survivors? Is the "training grounds level 20 required" on pre-nocap survivors a visual error and they really will train now?

Jerry Dixon
    (Grey Wolf Society - We're All Olaus!)
    Jerry Dixon
    JSS
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Thanks @OneLessTitan !! It helps!!
    So much "new" can be alil overwhelming & leaves me abit clueless as to what to do first lol
    I'm really looking forward to the New Season 7 Missions personally!! It sounds like an awesome step in the right direction!
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    OneLessTitan
    @Shteevie So that's 7 play-throughs total? Normal, Hard, 5 Trials? Can you divulge how much gas per mission? Just trying to plan ahead for next week...Sounds fun!

Also: do you build hero teams based on who we have? What if the team requires Carol, eg, who I don't have. Can I not do the Season 7 Missions that week..?
    OneLessTitan
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    Yep - 7 plays total. I guess I'll give a little extra info because you asked so nicely and there's only a couple days of waiting left...

Gas cost for these is 1, no matter the difficulty. The first 2 playthroughs are with our team, regardless of who you have unlocked. So if a character you don't yet have is in the Season 7 mission, you can 'try them out', though with a fixed level and gear for that mission.

The Trials are more or less just harder versions of the first 2 runs, set to be harder than before. So you'll already have a good idea about enemies, win conditions, etc. There may be some surprises, though. These are also 1 gas each but have a 1 hour cooldown timer after a win, to help you 'recover' from your last fight.

You may find that you need an upgrade, or to try different survivors, between Trial runs 3, 4, and 5, so you have all week to beat them and claim the weekly reward before the next mission opens.

Some of these have a very different setup than what you may have seen before, so the "one of every class" strategy might be the way to go, to keep flexible.

Hope this helps, and that you are as excited as I am for these to be unlocked!
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    OneLessTitanrgerkmanConan1976jimmydawise
    @Shteevie What awesome news! 1 gas makes it possible to re-try upon failures...I'm psyched to see how they relate to the TV show and how challenging they'll be with the tougher human enemies!!

Is the heal time for these the same as Outpost? I think I'm a little confused by this, actually. Is healing time ONLY reduced when injured in Outposts, or in general..?
    rgerkmanOneLessTitan
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I will upgrade my best survivor in each of the classes first to ensure I get base level 20 legendary gear from the 7500 TG chests. After that I will do my 2nd best survivor in each class (except bruiser) to level 20. When these 11 survivors are all up to level 20, I will consider a hero like Abraham or Jesus to get their damage boost on high level challenge missions.
    Conan1976