An important question to NG

Dear @Shteevie , when you initially began speaking with the guild council , you stated that you wanted everything we discussed to be also touched on in the forums in the spirit of transparency . I am now going to re-ask you a question we asked you in the GC chat with NG (word for word) and would like to give you an opportunity to respond for the entire community to understand why all these changes have occurred the way they have in 2.2. ..

"Why not do the buffs first to let people try them out, acquire new gear or survivors, and develop alternate strategies? You could do the nerfing in the next update after everyone is comfortable with the new stuff.

Doing it this way, makes it impossible to find alternate strategies. We can't build those teams and strategies until we know what will be buffed."

Kindest regards , Japes
masmith93DoTakAmazaynMarie__GagaJadenAvalon8PigSekushiSgtSalamiDeadBeatJulialiciousFester17VudnikwarConan1976[Deleted User]MystiquePR0DJharudsgnmongo911mikelben

Comments

• tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    @Japes87

Seriously...it's all icky....

You think they will respond nicely ?

I've been here since the beginning of the game...it's never looked worse :(

Xoxo
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    SebiVudnik[Deleted User]mongo911
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    It seems like all mods and admin are either,..

Remaining silent until lawyers tell them how to respond
    Are hoping to stay silent hoping to ride the storm till monday
    Are simply hiding,.. Cos they know there wrong
    After realising that bullshit no longer baffles brains they agreed silence is safer
    Either way,.. There presence has dropped to minimum

It's a good and transparent question which is both constructive and informative
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    Vudnik[Deleted User]Sebi
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    @Top8dog

I dont think its fair to blame Shteevie & teeceezy for the 2.2 update. Even tho I im not happy with the update, those guys invest time and efford to inform the community. Blame NG
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    Top8dogVudnikant[Deleted User]PR0DJmongo911
    Not being funny when I say this,.. But the guys you mention for the forum users are the faces we talk too,.. They the go between guys,.. They are going to get praise when it's good and criticism when it's not,..

Now if said people where not defending NG,. Maybe the criticism wouldn't deflect on them as much mate
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

[Deleted User]mongo911
  • jotajota Member Posts: 62
    Top8dog said:

Not being funny when I say this,.. But the guys you mention for the forum users are the faces we talk too,.. They the go between guys,.. They are going to get praise when it's good and criticism when it's not,..

Now if said people where not defending NG,. Maybe the criticism wouldn't deflect on them as much mate

Man, Shteevie has to defend NG, their the ones paying his salary. Even if he deep down doesn't agree with the changes we will never know and it doesn't really matter.
    mongo911
    jota said:

Top8dog said:

Man, Shteevie has to defend NG, their the ones paying his salary. Even if he deep down doesn't agree with the changes we will never know and it doesn't really matter.
    Yeah that's true,... Just wanted to explain why they seem to take a bashing,..
    Having said that I guess it's part and parcel of most jobs :)

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

[Deleted User]
  • jotajota Member Posts: 62
    SgtSalami said:

I think an honest answer to Japes' question is a fair request...

agree, I would also like the know if there is even a rationale behind what they've done.
    Top8dogmongo911
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    i'm not sure if they're gonna answer our questions. all of the devs/mods are hiding and creeping on us... they can see all of our messages but i'm guessing they're realizing what they did for this update so they will probably not gonna answer all but some of it.
    Top8dogFester17harudsgnSekushi
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825
    @Top8dog
    "It seems like all mods and admin are either,.. "

Mods are super powerful forum keepers (don't tempt them ;) ).
    Developers are in their weekend personal time right now.
    The first practically live here and do so voluntarily.
    The latter are offering up their personal weekend time when they get here on Saturday or Sunday.

As for the discussion: I see strong points in it from both sides as well as weak points. I also see a whole lot of broken records.

I cannot speak for Next.

I cannot conclusively conclude the discussion.

I can speak for myself (and my guild). I personally love the update and do not have a single problem with the traits adjustments. I have no idea what to upgrade right now as some of my hardware and survivors seem to have lost power and I do no know the buffs that are coming. But I rise to the challenge and adapt.
    MizTyTop8dogFragzieAmazaynFester17harudsgnCherokee_Rose[Deleted User][Deleted User]CaptainslayerVudnikmongo911SebiSekushiHershelsheadDrBOB
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,046
    NCDawgFan said:

I give Coke credit, they quickly acknowledged and accepted responsibility for their egregious mistake and brought back the original formula.

Emphasis mine.

The use of that little word is all one needs to focus on to realize that any reverting to pre 2.2 will never happen.

I'm not sure if it's @Shteevie's personal belief or if it emanates from above him at NG, but either way, the quote of "Always forwards. Never backwards." tells us that whatever direction they take NML, once something changes from X to Y, it will never return to X. It may come close, but it will never be the same. They may even admit to having a mistake occur, but with that admittance there will never be a restoration of the previous code. Because as @Shteevie has said, he doesn't like to eat hats.

NG appears to be adamant about designing and developing a game based on their vision and how they think the game should operate, rather than listening to the input of those who passionately play and enjoy the game.

In other words, it's their world and we're just a bunch of squirrels hoping to get Lucky and find an acorn.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    MizTyTop8dogSgtSalami
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,825
    Great reply @Top8dog
    Clicking awesome just wasn't enough.
    Wasn't looking for agreement either.
    I was just butting in and now butt out again.
    Top8dogMizTyFragzieharudsgnBeejimmorrison369Sekushi
    Japes87 said:

Dear @Shteevie , when you initially began speaking with the guild council , you stated that you wanted everything we discussed to be also touched on in the forums in the spirit of transparency . I am now going to re-ask you a question we asked you in the GC chat with NG (word for word) and would like to give you an opportunity to respond for the entire community to understand why all these changes have occurred the way they have in 2.2. ..

"Why not do the buffs first to let people try them out, acquire new gear or survivors, and develop alternate strategies? You could do the nerfing in the next update after everyone is comfortable with the new stuff.

Doing it this way, makes it impossible to find alternate strategies. We can't build those teams and strategies until we know what will be buffed."

Kindest regards , Japes

For no other reason than japes asked a fair question and I feel I/we undermined that by going off track,.. Sorry

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

MizTyJapes87
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    I'll probably get crapped on but I have to agree with @MadPuppy sure it's crappy but I've adapted and moved on. Still killing zombies. Some spent lots of time and money building teams, it will eventually get boring doing the same thing over and over. Now it's time to figure out new strategies, makes it more interesting, keeps it fresh.
    I do feel bad for those that invested so much into the game, hell I've spent my share too, but it's been said here alreadythat, it's happened before, it will likely happen again. So you have to be cautious spending your money if you don't like change. Nothing last forever even cold November rain and our once kick ass traits.
    MizTy[Deleted User]VudnikTop8dogtammySekushi
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,393
    The only strategy is now collect survivors with high health and hope you don't die.
    @Ovidmikel I prefer you don't mention the scout and outpost I use that approach and don't want it nerfed
    Proud member of the Army of Slayers top guild in guild wars

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    MizTyTop8dogDeadBeatDLich
    @Top8dog love the phrase if it aint broke dont let ng near it lol

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    MizTyTop8dogmasmith93Sebi
  • OvidmikelOvidmikel Member Posts: 965
    Sorry @Lucille896425 point well taken . I also use that STRATEGY the lil I play . LOL. Only way to stay out of the ER
    Top8dogSebi
    Yeah that's why i use it.

P.s in case ng see this I also kill the survivors to go up in ranking so need to nerf strategy. I swear I do

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    MizTyTop8dogDeadBeat
This discussion has been closed.