What is your influence level and how much TG do you get on raids?

JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
I've seen many posts where people more or less don't give a crap about their influence level. I'm at ~4300 influence and get ~530 TG per raid (from a maxed outpost).

I'm curious to hear how much TG people in lower and higher tiers get from raids.

Without the healing time and reduced raid cost weekend events, I feel like I spend way too much time and effort cutting through level 19 zombies/humans to earn measly amounts of TG and to maintain my influence. So far, the 3000+ influence TG shop items haven't really benefited me, as I never seem to have enough TG to actually take advantage of those.

What are the rewards like for everyone else? Is there really a point to having high influence? The 1000 TG difference between the Gold 1 and Gold 2 tiers every two weeks is so minuscule and provides me with very little incentive to boost my influence or maintain my outpost.

EDIT: Everyone's responses have confirmed my suspicion that rewards are solely based on the defender's Outposts and zombies. Influence does not affect the rewards, which is quite annoying. Amending my original post to include a suggestion (that I posted later on) on how to improve Outpost rewards:
JayZ said:

One easy solution could be to scale TG rewards to a player's tier. For example, let's assume that a player gets a reward of 500 TG for a successful outpost raid against nearly maxed zombies. What if you added the following multipliers?
- Bronze tier: 500 x 1.0 = 500 TG
- Silver tier: 500 x 1.1 = 550 TG
- Gold tier 3: 500 x 1.2 = 600 TG
- Gold tier 2: 500 x 1.3 = 650 TG
- Gold tier 1: 500 x 1.4 = 700 TG
- Platinum tier 3: 500 x 1.5 = 750 TG
- Platinum tier 2: 500 x 1.6 = 800 TG
- Platinum tier 1: 500 x 1.7 = 850 TG
- Master: 500 x 1.8 = 900 TG

This kind of a reward structure provides high influence players with an ACTUAL reward (instead of 1000-2000 more TG every two weeks), ENCOURAGES people to raid more frequently because they'll get more TG, ENCOURAGES people to actually engage with defenders, but still maintains a reasonable balance so that it's not too easy to earn TGs. What does everyone think?

Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
VudnikRedEye52

Comments

• KaiserKaiser Member Posts: 60
    Im at 5k influence and get ~500 per raid, but i wish i never left the 3k mark. The extra tg at the end of the cycle isnt worth 1-2 heavy injuries every raid. Nowadays i only go for the crate and dont fight the defenders unless im close to dropping a tier.
    Vudnik_NoNameKARAZIPKALI
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    I´m at 2500 influence and get around 500 tg per raid too...and my outpost is far rom beeing maxed out. Never saw the need to spend that amounts of tg to build it up.

But...even in the lower tiers you´re facing many kinds of level 19 walkers :wink:
    MystiqueVudnikKARAZIPKALI
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    I'm pretty sure TG won is based on the outpost raided and not the player's influence.

Under the new format I don't think it goes higher than being able to win about 540 maybe 548 TG.
    VudnikKARAZIPKALI
  • DreadzDreadz Member Posts: 42
    I just tiered up to gold iii (2000+) and as I got closer to 2000 TG went up to 400-450 for a few raids but after passing 2000 it's dropped to around 300 again!

Never really bothered with outpost but seems it's the only way to get decent gear now but the only reason I do raid is for the TG, really not bothered which tier I'm in.
    KARAZIPKALI
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Few weeks ago I started outpost.
    From 0 influence to 3000 influence same tg rewards.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I stay between 3k and 4k
    I try and only pick outpost that have less than 500 TG's reward

I may refuse up to 10 outpost before I get the one I want

I'll even take upper 300 tg's rewards if they are offered
    Typically, I get 400 - 450 tg's per raid

That way the walkers are lower level and I can get to the gate without any damage
    mcbkhicks
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    I have tried to stay under 3000 and I almost never actually raid but I have crept up to about 3200 due to victories against raids. When I do raid I average about 425-450 TG per victory.
    KARAZIPKALI
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,546
    I'm at about 3300 Influence, i range anywhere from 380 to 540; typically in the 510-540 range though.

The TG you see are dependant on the matched up outposts walker level/quantity.

When I see 380 I know i'll be in for an easy quick first part of outpost with 4-6 lvl 1 normal walkers only.
    When I see 540 I know i'll be in for lvl 19 walkers/tanks/armored outpost on RF3 map.

Your influence determines (mostly) the matches you'll see with similar influence
    The TG offerred is dependant upon the quality/quantity of the defenders walkers
    The Influence offerred is dependant upon the quality of defenders you'll face (I think, I don't pay attention to it fully)

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    tomducat21JayZKARAZIPKALI
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the answers guys. I suspected that TG rewards are based solely on the walkers that you face, but wasn't sure and wanted to confirm that influence didn't further scale that up or down. I think it's completely silly that I could earn the same amount of TG from a raid as someone who has 0 influence.

There really doesn't seem to be any benefit of having more influence. The TG shop items are not great and the 1000 TG difference between tiers can easily be earned in 2-3 raids.

I know @Shteevie and other NG folks have been trying to push Outposts on us, but how can they expect us to play Outposts when there's no incentive to do well? Give high influence players an incentive to actually maintain their influence.

One easy solution could be to scale TG rewards to a player's tier. For example, let's assume that a player gets a reward of 500 TG for a successful outpost raid against nearly maxed zombies. What if you added the following multipliers?
    - Bronze tier: 500 x 1.0 = 500 TG
    - Silver tier: 500 x 1.1 = 550 TG
    - Gold tier 3: 500 x 1.2 = 600 TG
    - Gold tier 2: 500 x 1.3 = 650 TG
    - Gold tier 1: 500 x 1.4 = 700 TG
    - Platinum tier 3: 500 x 1.5 = 750 TG
    - Platinum tier 2: 500 x 1.6 = 800 TG
    - Platinum tier 1: 500 x 1.7 = 850 TG
    - Master: 500 x 1.8 = 900 TG

This kind of a reward structure provides high influence players with an ACTUAL reward (instead of 1000-2000 more TG every two weeks), ENCOURAGES people to raid more frequently because they'll get more TG, ENCOURAGES people to actually engage with defenders, but still maintains a reasonable balance so that it's not too easy to earn TGs. What does everyone think?
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    RedEye52KARAZIPKALISlowMo
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    I only started playing outpost regularly when they changed it to no trade goods lost when raided. Now I see it as a way to maintain TG income (in addition to challenges) so I can keep buying tokens and what not. Really not interested in the competitive side to the rankings.

I'm just over 1000 influence. Was happy at 900 something, but I literally accidentally killed the last defender with a retaliate and bumped into the Silver tier. Haven't noticed much difference since becoming Silver. I usually skip raids with under 400 TG. 520 is about the highest I'm offered at the search screen. A little higher once I accept the raid. I don't mind clearing the level 19 hordes for the extra XP. And I try to stay out of the hospital so just go for crate. Defenders vary wildly in strength, but plenty of Legendary 19s & higher. The end of cycle rewards seem so far apart I never think about them.

Seeing that people in higher tiers seem to be facing more or less the same defenders & walkers, I'm now wondering if I should try to move up a tier or two just to get a little extra cycle rewards? Nah, that sounds like too much work and mucho hospital time to get there. As they say at the Olympics, nothing wrong with Silver :)
    JayZDLich
  • DeucesDeuces Member Posts: 55
    I'm at ~2550 influence, typically get 450-550 TG. I see lots of lvl 19 walkers.
    Invader
    @DoTak Your logic at the end (is it worth it to move up a tier or two? nope) is exactly why I think the current rewards/influence structure is broken!

DLichDoTak
  • RedEye52RedEye52 Member Posts: 182
    My influence is just over 3100. I only get between 200 and 300 TG each raid. I'm level 27 with level 10/11 survivors. My outpost is level 3. I don't know where these 400-500 TG raids are, but I've never seen anything close to it.
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    @JayZ Sorry not interested. Matchmaking is no longer based on influence only so rewards should be based on raid difficulty and not influence. But at least I am already happy with avg 500 TG rewards and 8-10K XP for 2 gas cost and no hospital time per 3 min raid against 19 lvl normal and special walkers. So playing less than 45 mins in morning and 45 mins in evening to get already enough TG to buy one 12.5K TG weapon or armor in TG shop...
    @RedEye52 I think 500 TG raids are against Outposts that have level 19 zombies/tanks/armors. You'll probably have to level your survivors up a bit before you hit those!

@tallinie Can I ask why you don't like my suggestion? I don't think it would materially change how you play the game. For players with low influence, the reward structure wouldn't change. The only difference is for players that have actually built up their outposts and take the hospital time to raise their influence, who would get rewards that are more appropriate for their effort.

RedEye52
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    @JayZ Part of the reward system at higher influence levels is getting listed in the top list itself. Being in top 10 is way more valuable for many people than getting for example 15K TG cycle reward.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,872
    I think the influence reward also has to do with the difficulty of the outpost layout
    Just my observations after 100's of raids

I could be wrong, but NG has not given us the exact formula for how outpost rewards are calculated