Radio Call Results (Recent & Historical Data)

OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
Hello all. My latest writeup summarizes all the data from Radio Call Data Collection efforts by the community over the history of the game (starting in March of 2016). The latest data includes information about Hero Token drop rates, from regular 15x calls, and from Hero Events (which thankfully are supposed to change, hopefully to a 15x Radio call!! hint, hint)

Huge thanks to @blynknz for spearheading the initial data collection during Increased LEG/Epic events, to @Mark for creating the Google Form & tabulating the data when the Radio Calls were changed to 3 choices for 15x calls, and to @Japes87 & @Claypool for organizing the most recent data collection, and Dylan from Watchtower (sorry, not sure if he's on the forum!) for entering the results onto a Google form and sharing the data along with some analysis.

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/radio-call-drop-rates/

Holy crap, I totally forgot about @lmfgunnut 1x Radio call data collection....I will track that down and include it at a later point. Sorry for the omission.
InvaderDLichblynknzMarkrgerkmanAmazaynInspTurbinesMadPuppyJackBauerConan1976MrSorrowTheLostOnesJayZTop8doglmfgunnutkryptonixMizTyJapes87

Comments

• docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @OneLessTitan
    i didn't tag you in my comment of the results i had in july (look here: http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/108835/#Comment_108835), maybe you want to add it to your results ... and i also could write down the results from another 20 calls i made a few weeks ago, if you're interested
    MizTy
  • FOXFOX Member Posts: 99
    But 2 token Hero with x15 calls is a joke? :smiley:
    JackBauerTop8dog
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Great work OLT! Cheers!
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    Top8dogMizTy
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,297
    Here are results for 25 fifteen radio calls.

Out of the 75 options i got, 55 or 74% were rare, 16 or 21% were epic and 4 or 5% were hero tokens. Didn't get any legendary.

Out of the 71 survivor options, 12 were shooters, 7 were warriors, 19 were bruisers, 14 were hunters, 8 were assault and 11 were scouts.

Out of the 12 shooters, 8 were rare. 5 warriors, 13 bruisers, 12 hunters, all assault and 9 scouts were rare.

I got 128 Glenn, 8 Michonne, 32 Maggie and 8 Jesus tokens. I unlocked Glenn only.

Out of the 5 epic I had, now 3 are legendary. So now I have 6 legendaries and 2 epics. Next i would upgrade these also.

Zee Black - SG Woots - Playing since 2015.

DoTakTop8dogMizTy
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    edited October 2016
    Just a note. I got Daryl tokens from a 15x "golden" call today. This was not possible prior to 2.2 outside of the 8 days of hero event special Daryl call. Not sure how his drop rate fits in with what I posted above, but it's something to be aware of. I'm done collecting radio call results, so hoping my question in another thread will be answered, or other guilds collecting data will share their post 2.2 results.

(Edit): Shteevie said Daryl has always been included in the radio calls, tho 3030 Total Choices from radio calls yielded zero Daryl choices. If any other radio call data collectors can confirm getting Daryl prior to 2.2, let me know. Thanks!
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    I caught Daryl in a radio call before 2.2

But it was during the 8 Days event... so once again MizTys contributions to NML science lack luster :s
    OneLessTitan
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    MizTy said:

I caught Daryl in a radio call before 2.2

But it was during the 8 Days event... so once again MizTys contributions to NML science lack luster :s

Any contribution is a good contribution @MizTy !! The only other times I've seen daryl tokens prior to 2.2 was in special hero calls. More info and confirmation always helps! I'm tempted to spend more of my radios to see if I get more Daryl Tokens...seeing one more result would pretty much confirm (in my mind) that there has been a change.
    MizTy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,554
    I did a bunch of shooter calls the last several days (the one where you get 3 choices for 15 radios)

It's a small sample and I didn't write down everything I got but out of 20 calls I got 0 hero tokens.

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    MizTy
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    See @Teeceezy !!!
    This is where ( @DLich comment ^^^) a Specialty Emotion like Pity or a Damn Button comes into play!!! :joy:

Jus Sayin'. :wink:
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    DLichMadPuppyMizTy
  • ChispChisp Member Posts: 55
    I just tried today 6 hero calls in the special Rick radio call, used all gold I had for it and nothing. Another guild member complained about the same...it was way easier on hero day.
    Its just bad luck or is Rick hiding on the RV with Negan?
    maggiemoo
  • VudnikVudnik Member Posts: 307
    edited October 2016
    I've NEVER seen Daryl in any radio call format. I only see his tokens in story missions (which I can't achieve any more thanks to the nerfs).
    ggbats
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,071
    Radio calls gave always been streaky for me as you might expect when dealing with a RNG. I go weeks and weeks without seeing anything that excites me, but today I got two legendary survivors. One bruiser that I retired, and one warrior that I kept. I probably won't get another one for a month.
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,430
    @Chisp you never use gold for something as random as radio calls use them for healing, replenishing your gas or to a lesser extent opening gold crates. Not that I'm telling you how to play it's more of an advice from an old timer
    Elder of dragons weyr a top USA guild
    MadPuppyMizTy
  • maggiemoomaggiemoo Member Posts: 85
    I just got 128 Maggie tokens on my free radio call. I'm sure this doesn't happen often with a 1 radio call, but it can happen
    MizTy