Is luck still a desirable trait ?

Just curious do u guys still want luck trait on ur new survivor since it only boost 3% excluding gear boost. And that if u upgrade to legendary lvl5 trait.

Just spend 500 phone doing 15x call. Mainly just for token and accept 1 epic bruiser with luck, dodge, iron skin, retaliate. Promote her with bullet dodge as 5th trait.

Others than that mostly are 32 token and 2x 256. Tried to upgrade existing survivor and still waiting to promote to 6 star.

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    Potential 10% increase for dodge or any Max30% trait. You decide.
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    lucky trait no longer work against high level walkers.
    CaptainslayerSgtSalami
  • CaptainslayerCaptainslayer Member Posts: 1,396
    It's a 9% (assuming you have 30 luck)increase on dodge and any other 30% trait that stacks, and as shirtless guy says it doesn't really work on high lvl walkers lol.
    So to answer your question no I don't really worry now about luck anymore
    Proud member of dragons weyr a top 50 U.S. guild

#bringbackinterupt
    #fixthetokeneconomy
    #ridusofautocover
    MizTy
  • PicPic Member Posts: 730
    Lol 25 survivors all luck.. Thx NG
    SgtSalami
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    That the issue, almost all my 22 non hero survivor has luck. And with the nerf trait, i dont even know what trait to lookout for now.
    MizTyCaptainslayerDeadBeatPapacas
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    +1,000,000 @KelvSG
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    + ∞+1
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    MizTyant
    I have no problem admitting that when it comes to post apocalyptic math that I am one of the stupid ones. What NG did to Luck is simply ridiculous. I still can't figure out how many percentiles Luck is adding onto each of my specific traits.

NG, if you don't fix this you will regret it for the rest of the life of NML. I realized you "listened to the players" but in this case you made a huge mistake.

Every lab rat understands addition. I don't know what your new formula is but it doesn't answer my question of which survivor to use with which knife when fighting fatties in the rain. And really, that's the only kind of math one should be thinking about when killing the undead.

What you did was roadkilled skunk smashed on asphalt in the rain stinky. Which then got stuck on my shoes and followed me into every aspect of the game. I smell the stench of post 2.2 Luck when I battle, when I try to change out my gear to work on a specific map, And I'm overwhelmed by the odor when I try to upgrade something. I honestly don't know what to do. If you had just unstacked Luck at least I would have a plan! (I not endgame. I'm still creating my A team here!)

Please nerf Luck a simpler way. (And get the proc rates of the Lucky traits back up.)
    DeadBeatCelerystevemongo911
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 5,687
    ...well... Better a nerfed luck than no luck
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    [Deleted User]
  • CelerysteveCelerysteve Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2016
    Better a different trait than nerfed luck, more like.
    SgtSalamiR2runfastJaden
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,853
    Maybe a way to onderstand luck: (just An idea, can't Tell if More understandeble)

If you have a 30% trait. 30% of your luck Will be added:

Example 30% trait, 20% luck
    30% + 30% of 20% = 30% + 6% = 36%
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 546
    @capibara I think luck is no longer a desirable trait after this nerf and I would look for other traits...luck needs to be upgraded or I will not choose weapons or survivors with this trait...
    MizTy
  • VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    edited October 2016
    So confusing with traits now, I guess as long as it's yellow it may be worth upgrading regardless of traits. The trait you upgrade now may be useful in the next update.
    Bonz
  • VakaliVakali Member Posts: 239
    And then useless in the following update :)
    SgtSalamiCaptainslayerJaden
    Spot on @SgtSalami
    Before 2.2 I knew what I was looking for & in what combinations. (And no, I never did find my "perfect" piece of gear, but at least I knew what I was looking for so that I could make better decisions on what to settle on)

So since Shteevie likes examples, here's one from Shooters Week. Before 2.2 my "ideal" pistol was silver interrupt with gold luck & gold charging (2 strategies: shoot more often & be able to stop the bad guys from hurting my team). I would go mad crazy for that gun.

So now it's Shooters Week and I *have* to take this opportunity to improve the only 5 star shooter I have. (See ss). Post 2.2 my ideal weapon wouldn't do much for me since I can't seem to get charging to work on *any* of my weapons now that luck got messed with (plz change that).

So plz note that while my shooter was never a "charging machine" she did get a free charge every once in a while before 2.2. I've been playing challenges with her all week & I've only seen her charge once post-2.2 (plz fix that NG)

So I bought a discounted pistol from tgs last weekend (see ss). I'm upgrading it to replace the pistol I've been using but doesn't charge anymore. Unfortunately I'm not even excited about it.

The sheer power of it will take down enemies below my level, so I won't need Interrupt for that. And I get nothing but "Interrupt Avoided" when I fight walkers above my level, which is very unsatisfying.

But I'm upgrading the pistol bc it's Shooters Week & it's clearly the best I'm gonna have for a long time. It will be good against humans & fatties. But I don't think it has a high Fun Factor for everyday use...

So NG, I hope this story provides that qualitative data you need to see that you are decidedly *not* maximizing my LTV by implementing "combat balancing" the way you did. I realize that your spreadsheets showed that you had to nerf things in order to balance stuff out (which i dont agree with btw) but please make sure this is really the way you want to go about it ...

Combat is just so sad now :(
    And sadness adversely affects my NML lifetime value. Please reconsider the combat balancing portion of 2.2 and make some serious adjustments to it in 2.3.

I looking forward to reading the General Announcement of NGs reaction to the 2.2 forum feedback on Monday! o:)

Ps: kudos to NG Graphics Zombie Slaying Division. Love the pink camo. I am excited about that! Pink camo would be awesome with the new WalkerGuts trait that allows you to skootch past zombies without causing awareness. Yay to you guys!
    PowerUKSgtSalamiBonz
  • AmazaynAmazayn Member Posts: 522
    LMFAO!!!
    +infinity @DarkZero
    MizTy
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Moderator Posts: 2,827
    LOL @DarkZero
    If luck is that good at math, get me some luck and I might understand @DLich better. :)
    MizTy
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 28
    Luck is just a 4-letter word (with a misplaced F)
    CaptainslayerJadenGnatevil
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    ... didn't you mean to say "with a misplaced S"? :(
    CaptainslayerJaden
  • nemesisnemesis Member Posts: 28
    Maybe a Y?
    Jaden_NoName
    Very well said @DLich
    (I even understood the math!)