Nerfed EXP and Radically increased Freeman health

@Shteevie , @Teeceezy Why has the EXP for Freeman dropped from level 15 on while their Health and eventual buff increased so significantly? I could see a slight increase, but the higher the level the greater the Freeman health multiplies from before update 2.2 and the EXP drops.
You had stated in previous posts that the risk should equal the reward, and quite frankly without the quick healing and damage boost most players would have gotten significantly less stars, and less rewards for themselves and guild as well. Without gas boosters most players would also not be able to produce as many stars as normal since the possibility of finishing a higher level mission without injury is low.

So where's the increased reward (since EXP is lowered) for the greater risk and cost of higher level challenge missions (Freeman health multiple times higher than previous)?
Japes87zeeblackTop8dogJadenJackBauerShut_UpDeadBeatVudnikMystiquergerkmanFragzieMizTy

Comments

• JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2016
    I stopped playing challenge maps when I started to get bruised. To me it's just not worth it. The TG rewards are too low compared to the gas costs, there's mostly only rubbish in the crates... the only legendaries or epics I get are level 10 at best and I need level 17 and the amounts of supplies or XP are not that high either.

Since the two things I need the most at the moment are gear and XP I raided all the time.

Without the still too long hospital times it's actually quite fun. Much more fun for sure than being one shot bruised by superhumans two levels below my survivors (and we are talking about only one Freeman hitting my guy).
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Top8dogMizTy
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    ... that's my experience too. You have to grind through all the low lvls to finally see some nicer rewards in crates. Although I can't remember when I got a legendary weapon or armor from a challenge crate the last time, sigh. That's usually at the stage where one enjoys hospital time too, because of the difficulty lvl ... not worth during any challenges incl. mutated freeman for sure!
    Jaden
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    Well, @stuffnthangs @_NoName @Jaden did you tried hard scavenge gear missions? Sure, not all gold chests contain leg pieces(rare trash and 4 phones are way too often in these), but my last 2 epic lvl20 gear is from these. Sad about traits, but you cannot win all the time.
    Gold chests from high lvl(20+) challenge missions are much bigger gamble for me.
    MizTy
    As you all might know the game is different for every lab rat. Me, for example, I seem to have a lot of good luck getting hunters and almost as much good luck getting shooters.

I have bad luck getting gear, though.

It doesn't matter if it's challenge missions or scavenge, I just get rubbish. Rare, uncommon, common - not even epic gear unless it's many levels below my survivor level.

The last good piece of gear I got from challenges was a level 18 warrior armor when my guys where level 15. That was a long time ago.

I'm happy for everyone who gets good gear from challenges and whatnot. It just doesn't work for me, thus little incentive to play challenges when looking for gear. ;)

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    @Gladi yes I did. Even though it's not necessarily thread related ... to me, the reward / hospital time risk ratio on hard scavenger missions isn't worth it. I would really enjoy increased chances of good gear proprotional to the numbers of walkers you've killed during a mission. But I for sure prefer to start with walkers not more than one lvl above my survivors. That at least would encourage players to try find a strategy to increase the kill rate rather than to grind/rush/farm through theses missions.
    For me it's assaults that are hard to get - actually I'm not doing so well with most of the other classes. But I've learned to become more patient now and bit by bit I get my legendaries, though it can be a very slow process...

• zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,098
    @Necroboogie, I noticed it too. By the way, it should not come as a surprise because NG is expert at nerfing in the name of making it difficult for us to play the game.

While my level playing 19 survivors have max health of 1800, I noticed that a level 14 freeman had a health of 1800. Are they on steroids or they have the equipment with the best traits.
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    MizTy
    Funny how the distribution or at least the perception of it is. I got leg hunters and scouts galore from radio calls ... I think the least luck I had from shooters and maybe assaults ...
    I'm sorry if I missed it .... but has there been a response or explanation from NG related to the mutant freeman anywhere in the forum yet?
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Apparently they are data collecting to see if the freeman need tweaking?..

Lmao it's not tweeting they need,.. It's more like a fat dose of ketamine!!!
    MizTy
    I never pulled a legendary assault (and even epics are rare for me) or bruiser but at least three hunters and lots of epics, too. One scout, one warrior, two shooters (and also quite a few epics - I have four legendary shooters by now, same as hunters).

I think it's not just perception, there are actually differences.

I guess because of the low likelyhood to get a legendary ... it'll take a couple of thousand calls before the perception is replaced by reality of an even distribution. I don't believe that there are account specific differences in likelyhood what class one gets.
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    I stopped playing the challenge on Friday with only 130 stars, did xp missions and got all my shooters to level 20 and some armor to level 21, I had some time to do some outposts with those shooters and got won most of them to make up for the lost TG
    MizTy
    It's luck, simply. Since it's not predetermined what you get and when it might happen that you pull 3 legendaries in a row in one week, then don't get to see another legendary for weeks or even months. And even if everyone would get the same amount of legendaries in the same amounts of calls it wouldn't mean they all get the same types.

Not saying that it's by design, though. It just happens I because of RNG.