New Morgan's Staff same range as before?

GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
Hey all. Has anyone bought the new staff? I'm considering but in the description it doesn't say it has the same three walker range as before.

Does anyone know? Thanks.
MizTy

Comments

• _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    ... as mentioned in another thread, sometimes an explanatory video would come handy NG! :)
    p_herianSurvivor420MizTy
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    It has silver range...so I´d guess yes, since gold range handles up to 8 walkers ;)

• lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    how long do you plan to use 15 bruisers? If you are leveling up fast, keep your money in your pocket as that staff will be a souvenir after a couple hundred xp missions.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @Invader

That symbol isn't range, it's Concussion ;)

@lmfgunnut

I'm not leveling fast. Will take weeks before I'm level 16. So I'm not concerned about it becoming useless anytime soon :)

Maybe @Teeceezy or @Shteevie can answer?
    MizTy
    Neither of my two Morgan's staff make any mention about having the wide arc, they just do. I didn't buy one this time around since I already have 3 wide arc bruiser weapons, but I think you are safe to assume they haven't changed the mechanics in this case.

The other arcing bruiser weapon called Wide Margin has (AREA) next to the name, but it is the only place that special aspect is denoted on either weapon.

I have a max 21 Morgan's Staff and a max 22. I gave it a moments thought about buying a third so that I could have a max 23, but I'll probably hold off on upgrading again until I've got a few more levels under my belt.

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    I've never bought the Morgan staff and I was always under the belief that it's arc was the same arc of a warrior without any wide arc traits on the weapon. when I played with Morgan in episode 7 his arc looked like it was more than the standard warrior arc. I'm confused!

Edit: added looked like it was
    jimmorrison369MizTy
    Just replayed the map with Morgan. It is is the standard arc, prior to any of the three degrees of increased arc. Same deal for the purchased or awarded weapons. The graphic of the arc seems to be larger than it once was, but it is still only capable of hitting 3 targets at once.

You can hit 3 only if they are in a corner formation or if in a straight line and you approach the middle one at 90 degrees.

Shut_UpggbatsTop8dog
    edited November 2016
    GreySeer said:

That symbol isn't range, it's Concussion ;)

Range, concussion, arc...whatever...silver stuns (if not loaded) 3 walkers and gold up to 8 :D
  • jamminjammin Member Posts: 55
    I finally sprung for a Morgan's staff. After being the butt end of a million Morgan's staff outpost defenders (that really hurts!) I can confirm that the new Morgan's staff is as fun to play with as you might guess, and yes, its arc is 3-wide.
    MizTy
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    @Invader no its the charge ability that hits up to 8 walkers. Nothing to do with weapon traits. All bruiser weapons hit up to 8 when charged.
    MizTy
    Rocketman said:

@Invader no its the charge ability that hits up to 8 walkers. Nothing to do with weapon traits. All bruiser weapons hit up to 8 when charged.

Yep...you´re right. Swopped that with warrior weapon :neutral:
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    This Morgan's Staff has (silver) 40% chance of extra concussion.

Has the Staff ever been offered with gold 60% concussion trait?
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    @MizTy

Not the one I have.
    MizTy
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    @MizTy
    I'm gonna say 99% no

That's 100% with 1% margin of error due to inebriation

mine has the same traits as GreySeer
    MizTy
  • SlayerSectSlayerSect Member Posts: 634
    As others have confirmed it does indeed have the arc (hit 3 walkers special trait) it doesn't show in the store but in your inventory under the lvl the special "smash trait" is listed.

Play to Slay. Slay to live another day. Daily players. On and killing walkers as often as we can.

We need you! We want you!