Guild challenge stars STILL missing

Comments

• DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    @Shteevie @Teeceezy
    Half my guild has stars missing again this week.
    I thought this problem had been fixed after last weeks fiasco?
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    FragzieTop8dogJodipayneart
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    The server team has met with devs and are working on a change that will both be more consistent, handle absent players better [such as with the cheater ban we enacted a month or so ago], and also give you info on when the guild leaderboard servers are updated. This should clear up many of these kinds of clarity issues.

The short answer is that the players' individual devices are correct with their star counts, but the guilds are not updated every second - it takes time for the system to read and update each user, and to report the new totals to the leaderboards. This is part of what we are working on. It's more technical than all of that, but I am not a server tech and I don't have all the details by heart.

I think that, in the current system, the guild leaderboards do eventually collect the stars each member earns and the lists are updated, but since people are constantly playing, it always looks to be a few missions [more, in some cases] behind. By the time the last batch is added and updated, players have played more. Far as I know, no one is missing TG or phone rewards that they earned. Hope that explanation helps.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    JodipayneartPerdtin
  • bunbun Member Posts: 161
    @Shteevie It's a bit difficult to gauge if the stars have been added, because as you say during the challenge the scoreboards are always ticking over. The only time they can truely be reviewed and compared is after the challenge ends. Unfortunately thats now been made impossible, do you have any feedback on when this will be fixed?
    The change to the UI to allow challenges to be seen when a challenge is not active needs a client update, so that is coming in the next patch, I believe. In fact the work may already be done. But we can't just launch an update with every fix alone, or we'd go mad from all of the approvals processes, and the game would suffer when people forget or decide not to download the patch.

When we make an announcement for 2.3, I hope we are able to have that feature in the patch. I will ask the community team if there is something we can do in the meantime.
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Shteevie said:

The change to the UI to allow challenges to be seen when a challenge is not active needs a client update, so that is coming in the next patch, I believe. In fact the work may already be done. But we can't just launch an update with every fix alone, or we'd go mad from all of the approvals processes, and the game would suffer when people forget or decide not to download the patch.

When we make an announcement for 2.3, I hope we are able to have that feature in the patch. I will ask the community team if there is something we can do in the meantime.

I don't know if it helps or not,.. But a couple of our guild members, me included hold off from starting the challenges for around 30-60mins and none of us that do this has had an issue with missing stars,... Can't guarantee it will work for everyone but over the last couple iv started late and found all stars are being counted :wink:
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
  • jotajota Member Posts: 62
    Shteevie said:

@Shteevie
    in the scoreboard of my guild I'm in fourth place but is shows that I have more accumulated stars than the one in 3rd place. isn't the ranking calculated by the amount of stars? is this a bug? I don't really mind in what position I'm in but it just seems weird.
    Top8dog
    I have been in a few meetings with the server team about leaderboard issues, and this one has come up. It could be that in one list the order you see would be correct, and a bug causes that other order to be used.

In any case, we are putting effort into a big leaderboard / social server task that is aimed at fixing all of these and being more reliable than the past. Not sure about timeline, but maybe we can even get it online without a client update? Hopefully soon.
    Top8dogDeadBeat
  • JodipayneartJodipayneart Member Posts: 72
    Many of the players in my Guild Knife Party had the same issue for the first time ever last week. What they collected did not match up with what was shown in the Guild total. It never corrected. At least 5 people out of 19 complained about this very issue.
    Top8dogFragzieDeadBeat
    @jodi
    Thanks for the information! Part of the issue with the guild stars bug is that the challenges are either very active 24/7, or dormant. That makes it hard to test, and it means it takes a week to see if there are any remaining issues once we make a change.

We're hoping to give a lot more information about the server status once the changes are made. You'll see this in a change list once the work is done and we're ready to launch.
  • xCRUxDEMONxCRUxDEMON Member Posts: 1
    every mission i do only pays out 3 stars when it says it should be higher as you go through the challenges. is this gonna get fixed?
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    @xCRUxDEMON
    What do you mean? 3 Stars is the highest you can get unless you do a Quest with a Challenge Mission.. then you might get another Bonus Star or two

Or am I reading your post wrong?
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    DeadBeat
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Bump
  • KaiserKaiser Member Posts: 60
    Missing again...
    Shut_Up1RisAndrea
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November 2016
    @shteevie I am having a problem with this morning's challenge. I went in when it started and earned 6 stars. But then I realized that while I had 6 stars, they were not being allocated to my guild. So I quit the game, then came back and now in the place where my guild stars should be, it tells me to find a guild (i.e. that I'm not in one). When I try to get to guild chat, it says that guilds are loading.

I can provide screenshots if you'd like.

Is this going to be fixed?
    KaiserShut_UpPigAndrea
  • WalkerballzWalkerballz Member Posts: 1,896
    Stars. For the current challenge are not counted again!!! This is getting to be ridiculous !!
    @zbot @Teeceezy help? Please advise
    Don't hate the black, don't hate the white, if you get bitten , just hate the bite! ....... Sly Stone
    Please join us
    1Ris
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    @Shteevie I don't get any joy in pointing this out believe me but they didn't fix the problem. Crossing your finger didn't work :/
    Pig1RisWalkerballzMizTy
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November 2016
    Okay, here are my screenshots, taken within two minutes of each other.

PigWalkerballz
  • blackiguanablackiguana Member Posts: 258
    edited November 2016

Once again guild stars aren't counting ! Last time the said was fixed but didn't our guild lost a lot of stars !!!!
  • NolkeNolke Member Posts: 54
    I think they can use some new good programmers at ng.
    HershelsheadVudnik
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 63
    Looks like my first 20 stars were not included in the guild total ....
  • DJTheDarksiderDJTheDarksider Member Posts: 9
    Have a look if you are in your Guild! - Have the same issue here - Needed to reapply for my Guild (even if I was still in - my wife made a screenshot) - Stars that should count for the Guild are AGAIN not counted. This is getting realy frustrating by now!
    DLHHershelsheadWalkerballz
  • DLHDLH Member Posts: 395
    This has been going on for weeks....
    Asylum/BlackjacknBeef Guild Family
    MizTyWalkerballz
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    edited November 2016
    @Shteevie

A lot of people being caught out by the star bug, not having a go but
    Is there anyway you can add lost stars back to the guild if we all take screenshots of what's missing,.. Being as this is the third week it's cropped up I don't know how the mechanics work but there must be a way cheers
    I love the game,.. I criticise a lot,.. I appreciate the good,.. And battle the bad

DON'T TALK,.. THINK

Lose Ends Make My Ass Itch

Maggie,.. I'll Find You,.....
    MizTy
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,068
    @Shteevie it's still screwed up this new challenge. This needs to be fixed and a manual work around developed to make sure our stars get added to our guild totals. I now have 23 personal stars and zero guild stsrs. What is the plan?????
    Top8dog
  • blackiguanablackiguana Member Posts: 258
    It's a problem again !!!!!!!
  • KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2016
    How after end of the week just give us 30 free radio. It really demotivate my guild member with all the lost star. Im the only member in my guild that visit forum. So definitely my guild can barely hit 1000 at this rate if lost star only given via screenshot. @Shteevie
    InvaderblackiguanaTop8dog
  • Bungle69Bungle69 Member Posts: 18
    Yeah just had the same 16 star, none went to the guild
  • Dan78Dan78 Member Posts: 1
    Same issue for me - 15 stars missing
  • BuckzzBuckzz Member Posts: 96
    Same here lost 18 stars!!