Please address the legendary crate issue for once and for all for the community (edited)

2»

Comments

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited November 2016
    If the figures for radio tent, mission car and hospital are correct (as that's what I have left to upgrade,) I think that should just tip me over into L58......
    Someone please correct me if my maths are wrong......... :/

EDIT: Second thoughts - That's gonna leave me a painful 23 points short I think....... :(

“You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    edited November 2016
    @japes87 I agree with you, and appreciate your post/thread. Just wanted to share ingame support response (as it is apparently different from what we understood before). I have not used TG's for legendary crates since the first time I received a L19 drop (L57 at the time). I've since hit L58 and will try again, and post what I level gear I receive (need another 5 hours for my shop to recycle given I do not have a legendary crate available for purchase now). Thanks for tracking this down for the forum.
    MizTy
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,163
    I did some Normal Level Gear Scavenger Missions this morning. I got 4 golden crates. One was rare gear, but the other 3 were epic gear. The epic gear was level 18, level 19 and level 20.

I was shocked to actually receive some 'good' level 20 gear from a mission!

So I guess it *is* possible...
    MizTy
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Does anyone know if the reward crates from Gear Scavenge missions actually differ between Normal & Hard?
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    In my experience, gear in hard missions is about 2 levels higher but I havent seen a better drop rate than in normal. Shteevie addressed this somewhere recently, but not sure which thread.
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Granted most of my programming proficiency is in web design and not OOP (I do know Java and C++), I wouldn't think it's too complicated to write a soft fix that sets the limit for level 58 at the low end of BP that people are getting at max base. Once higher levels come out than all you need to do is delete it and resume with whatever current algorithm they're using in calculations.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273

Does anyone know if the reward crates from Gear Scavenge missions actually differ between Normal & Hard?

Once you get to Recommended Survivor Level 20 missions, the gear drops are the same. So, if you have level 20 Survivors, you should be seeing the same level of gear in Normal and Hard Modes, in theory.
    GrimGael
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    That would be nice.
  • DuckDuck Member Posts: 119
    Haven't bought a lot of boxes but my experience for buying 7500tg crates is that level 57 gets a 50% chance of getting level 20 gear. As a lvl 58 player I have only got lvl20 gear in the same boxes. Bought 3-4..
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 728
    Shteevie said:

I would much rather fix this the right way than make a quick fix that would later be undone, as that would cause a lot of confusion.

As a developer who has to do the work, I'm sure you would like to do it properly the fist time around and not have to 'double handle' the issue. It would be very confusing having to come back to it and do again in a different way.

As a player, and paying customer, who looks like being effected by this issue I could care less, i just want a level playing field. Whether a permanent or temporary fix is used shouldn't effect me negatively or confuse me as it would be hidden and should be done seamlessly. That's the only confusing thing to me, what's the holdup, should have already been done.

It was mentioned elsewhere that some players may not want to go up a level for some vague reason, fix the issue and deal with their minor annoyance instead of delaying a fix for those with a real and game effecting problems.

You mentioned a compensation in tg store (sorry already removed it from quote), will this compensation clearly identify itself and it's reason for being there? And please dont make it a costume, i cant kill other lvl 20 survivors with lvl 20 weapons and armor with a costume and gain influence/tg's or be top of challenge/guild leaderboard. What I'd need is 1 of every type of item at lvl 20 which I'm instead getting at lvl 19.

If i recall, the new council wasn't meant to allow training ground/armory upgrade. Ie they should have stayed the same? If this issue was previously known then why bring forward upgrades prior to fixing issue. You dont build buidlings on dodgy foundations, why would you continue to do so with a game? Until known issues were fixed then the only new content should be that with sure footing.

It is hard to stay constructive and positive, when time and again we get told something has been changed or nerfed for the future of the game, when time and again there seems to be no true planning or plan for the future of this game. It's claimed that changes arent made to encourage/force players to spend but yesterday i had 7 bundles being pushed in store, 80% of which are overpriced. If i want to be competitive in this game it looks like I'll be forced to buy the items inorder to do so as the game is not fair and even for all players.

Maybe as a white male i should look at this as a lesson for gender/race and take that experience to see how an unjust, unfair system feels like. It doesn't matter what i do I'm not being treated equally and the deck is stacked against me and no one wants to just fix issue as it'll create too much confusion, others don't want the system to change, they like it how it is and we wouldn't want to upset them.

What did do to deserve this? Nothing just started to play the game of life, it's just a coding issue with occasional server issues.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    Survivor420MizTyfistonltd
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    DIblis said:

Maybe as a white male i should look at this as a lesson for gender/race and take that experience to see how an unjust, unfair system feels like. It doesn't matter what i do I'm not being treated equally and the deck is stacked against me and no one wants to just fix issue as it'll create too much confusion, others don't want the system to change, they like it how it is and we wouldn't want to upset them.

...........Wow............ :|
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    sligoemMizTy
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    @japes87 finally received a Legendary crate option in the TG store (first since posts above). L58 received L20 gear (1 of 1 is not much of a test sample). Thanks for the post/thread. And to @Shteevie for response.
    MizTyJapes87
  • Japes87Japes87 Member Posts: 1,399
    Thanks everyone for your patience and help with the level 58 stuff , when I can confirm either way about level 58 camp and legendary crates , I will.

Thank you for the reply @Shteevie , I'll let this rest. Cheers
    Conan1976MizTyJerryDixon
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    Shteevie said:

To compensate a bit, those of you who check your TG shops may see a new gift in there we haven't given before [it's a low chance, but I think we can leave it up until 2.3 to give everyone a chance to get it].

This intrigues me very much. Did my guild mate already get this when he got a Legendary Crate as the "Free" option today?

• _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    Same here today ... got a free legendary gear crate in my TG shop and behold ... it was a lvl 20 katana ... while I'm still at lvl 56 and have not one lvl 20 survivor yet :#
    Loewe1968MizTyGrimGael
  • AngieMathesonAngieMatheson Member Posts: 93
    Well ! welcome to the "player 57+ club" ! All that could be, as been built, and I'm at 1166/1250 , level 57...
    Let's store millions of supplies for winter folks :)
    Lone wanderer
    Can anyone confirm 100% lvl20 Legendary Gear from the 7500TG boxes since 2.3 launched? I'm now up to PL58, but am holding off on buying any of those until I'm sure...
    GrimGael
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Come now, @General_Quatre sounds like you're in perfect position to be the one that confirms it for the rest of us...
    Haha I don't have the TG to do that kinda testing!
    GrimGael
  • jimmydawisejimmydawise Member Posts: 69
    Tried one (my TG shop just restocked), got a Lvl 20 Legendary Gear from 7500TG
    General_QuatreGrimGaelSCBMA
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    I was able to try it twice and both times got level 20! :smiley:
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    General_QuatreSCBMABorutojimmydawise