Darryl's nightmare.

Any tips or suggestions out there. I'm having trouble getting through Daryl's nightmare can't seem to find the right character to play. I think I'm just going to try to upgrade Daryl as fast as I can to have a shooter with retaliate. Scouts assaults and Hunters are not working for me all level 20. Any good tips?

Comments

• KelvSGKelvSG Member Posts: 277
    melee survivor will not survive this episode no matter how u try lol. For me im using hunter. Waiting for the cooldown to challenge the last stage of lvl22. Just move ur survivor to the edge and ensure walker doesnt reach u in 1 turn.

This episode kinda suck, cause ur survivor only has 1 hp bar. But it more challenging as require tactical movement rather than shoot down walker
    FOERedEye52
  • SirBurpeedoSirBurpeedo Member Posts: 45
    I'm finding the 5th trial extremely hard. Anyone complete it yet? How did you do it?
    FOE
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,305
    If you have a good assault rifle, go with Abraham up through the 4th mission. Stand your ground and mow the walkers down before going to turn off the radios. Once you get the last radio, you can go to the exit with maybe one walker in your way. I like to use half the movement to get next to them and the other half to get to the exit. For the last mission, I used Daryl with a wide bore rifle. Just line up and shoot as many as you can as you make your way to each radio station. This one requires more patience, but you can do it. Plus, equip your folks with the best dodging armor possible. That saved my bacon on the last one. Good luck!
    FOERedEye52malcolm
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 539
    I used an Assault for the first two, then a Warrior for the 3rd. For the last one, I used a hunter with a lvl 20, large caliber rifle. I parked the hunter in the corner below the 3rd boom box (where you see Daryl in the attached pic) and I kept picking off walkers until there was a lull.

• Patience and positioning are key to this episode. If I remember correctly, here's what I did:

turn 1: turn off radio
    turn 2: move forward a bit, kill a walker in the corridor
    turn 3: move forward a bit, kill the walker on the other side
    turn 4: turn off radio
    turn 5: move a bit further from walkers, kill the walkers in line
    turn 6: turn off radio
    turn 7: move outside room to the corner, kill walkers
    turn 8: move a bit to to right, kill walkers in line
    turn 9: kill walker on your right
    turn 10: turn off radio
    turn 11: kill walkers
    turn 12: kill walkers
    turn 13: kill walkers
    turn 14: kill walkers
    turn 15: run towards exit

I managed to get my hunter away with a bruise. In the last room, you will probably need to kill walkers until you don't see one coming in from the door so you don't get interrupted running to the exit.
    I play Hearthstone and you should too.
    PigRedEye52Anachronda
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Just kill everything then turn off the radios. Move as you shoot. They run out eventually. Guild mate helped me with that bit.
    When soft cap comes I quit the game.
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,065
    edited November 2016
    I used my best warrior and cleared all 5 without a problem. Just make sure you are charged before you enter the last room so you can kill your way out to the exit once you turn off the last rsdio. Also move toward to exit full stream ahead. Don't let the group on the left when the mission starts catch up with you. You don't have to kill every walker. Avoidance is your friend. Good luck.
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Used a Leg Hunter with large caliber, also have vids using lvl 13 Hunter
    FOEKARAZIPKALI
  • abel001abel001 Member Posts: 28
    Looks like a large caliber rifle is a must for trial 5/5. Damn...
  • AmigaAmiga Member Posts: 3,770
    Yeah kill everyone on map ;)) no more spawns then turn off the radios and voila. Simple isn't it? Hunter lvl 20 - my Daryl did the job ;))
    Walkerballz
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited November 2016
    @abel001 & @malcolm .. a wide spread Assault will do it too! I used my Abe through all 5 & without injury :blush:
    Just be sure to kill each Walker Spawn before moving on..
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Walkerballz
  • GarretGarret Member Posts: 133
    a scout with retaliate and swift strike. Run and sometimes hit and hope for swift strike. Completed easily.
    psychwolfFOEWalkerballz
  • Nightwolf1986Nightwolf1986 Member Posts: 46
    I did it with a shooter,

Take the one out around the first corner, then move passed the radio so you can see the 2nd.
    Take the 2nd out so your back is cleared and then wait and let them come to you.
    Count the spaces they move so you can move out so they can't attack you, should your overwatch attack don't take them out. Use free attack when possible.
    Walkerballz
  • RoonisRoonis Member Posts: 47
    I also used a scout with dodge, realtiate.and swift strike. Took 2 tries on 5/5, but finished on the last run without even a swift strike proc, so it isn't needed.
    FOEWalkerballzmalcolm
  • MrTigros87MrTigros87 Member Posts: 34
    I did it with Rick
    Walkerballz
  • widowmakerwidowmaker Member Posts: 58
    I managed to do it with Darylly level 16 and assault and one warrior all level 16

Lucky I guess
    Walkerballz
  • widowmakerwidowmaker Member Posts: 58
    Sorry for spelling Daryl wrong lol
    Walkerballz
  • malcolmmalcolm Member Posts: 29
    Thank you all I got through it. Used assault killed everything then turned off radios thank you again