S7M, Episode 3: Official Discussion Thread (May contain game spoilers)

Comments

• DangerBDangerB Member Posts: 231
    Wow, I thought they would spawn non stop. If you can kill all the ones at the beginning then it should be easy. If you run through retaliate is probably a good idea.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,168
    DangerB said:

Wow, I thought they would spawn non stop. If you can kill all the ones at the beginning then it should be easy. If you run through retaliate is probably a good idea.

They do eventually stop, when the next room opens up. There is a limited number, Just make sure you run through them all before turning off a boombox, When you turn off a box, another set of walkers will spawn. Work through those until they are gone, then go to the next box. Rinse and repeat.
    Survivor420p_herianIRONDee
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Yeah, using Daryl with Large Caliber is almost too easy. Someone should call 911 and report me because it's almost like I'm stealing these rewards :D
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
  • MrsScattercushionMrsScattercushion Member Posts: 120
    all done, Assault worked well.
  • RoonisRoonis Member Posts: 47
    1/5 went SUPER easy. due to spacing have to dodge/retaliate one attack in the final room that I didn't see a way to avoid, but not bad.
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    Got through all five trials with a legendary hunter with gold bore on the rifle. Not even a dent, was fairly easy.
    psychwolfPig
  • Nightwolf1986Nightwolf1986 Member Posts: 46
    Thx for tip to kill the walkers at the door they spawn, <3
    Survivor420
  • DeucesDeuces Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for the tip @TransmuteJun , cruised right thru all 5 trials.
    ggbats
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,168
    Deuces said:

Thanks for the tip @TransmuteJun , cruised right thru all 5 trials.

Glad to hear it! Now go claim your badge!
    ggbats
    All 5 trials done with level 9 Daryl and not a single scratch the whole time. I think since this is Daryl's Nightmare, if you didn't do them all with Daryl then you shouldn't get the badge :D
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    rgerkmanMadPuppyIRONDee
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,627
    I did the first 3 and so far normal assaults work fine with luck and dodge.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    Nope, you gotta use Daryl or else you don't get the badge ;)
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I got hurt every time, but managed it in the end. The first 4 were not a problem. The 5th took about 10 tries.

I've tried scouts, shooters, assaults, warriors and hunters. Every time I rushed and got swarmed.

When I took advice and stayed away from the first radio until I killed them all, then first radio, kill all, next radio, kill all, etc.... that worked for me.

Third episode, third very fun, and very different mission. Man this is really an excellent addition to the game.
  • saresaslasherssaresaslashers Member Posts: 18
    Where do I go to view my badges?
  • RoonisRoonis Member Posts: 47
    the kill them all strat works great, just be aware once everything in one door is killed, the next door spawns automatically even without collecting the radio. caught me off guard and took a hit.
  • AssAss Member Posts: 9
    Wondering if anyone has a strategy to beating this mission?
  • Tapatio75Tapatio75 Member Posts: 636
    edited November 2016
    Kill the ones on the left, then go for the first radio and kill the ones in the middle, get the second radio and make sure you are clear before you get in the small room or you will get stuck and get attacked. The last radio is easy

i used a hunter
    Pig
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Map seems uniquely suited to Daryl if you want to just make it through as fast as possible. But, I've been running 'em over with an assault and just make my way through with a hit or two. Map cooldown is long enough that it doesn't matter.

Scout with swift strike could be good though... But then you're relying more on RNG.
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    @Ass
    Merging this with the main thread. You'll find lots of strategy there also. Good luck.
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    Ass said:

Wondering if anyone has a strategy to beating this mission?

I used a hunter on the first two levels, an assault on the third, a scout at the fourth and a hunter again at the fifth...
  • lmfgunnutlmfgunnut Member Posts: 1,636
    I used a hunter all the way through for each of the 5 trail levels. Just keep moving to the last radio, then kill in strings until you can run to the exit unmolested. Stopped at third radio on 5th run to clear path ahead, but only one shot.
    DeadFamily Guild Elder, a Top 20 Global Guild

The Undying Suvivalist--Founding Member and Prezident of the Empty Memorial Club

2725 Deadly Missions Completed Prior to the End of The Deadly Era

Nightmare Club Member--All 14 Episodes of Story Complete on Nightmare Mode (lvl 19 survivors)

Pig
  • AngieMathesonAngieMatheson Member Posts: 93
    just finished trial 5/5, with my good'ole Abraham all along after Daryl's part. This guys rocks, he's definitely my favorite character, representing all of us, former soldiers in the show.
    Lone wanderer
  • bababooeybababooey Member Posts: 147
    dont know why but I'm really having trouble with these new trials, been breezing thru the game pretty easy so far spending a little money on dbl xp and unlimited gas . I'm currently lvl 37 with lvl 16 survivors and I'm on on trail 2/5. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. There are some pretty epic players in this forum and I'm hoping one day I can be on yalls level.
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,358
    @bababooey , merged with this thread. The suggestion is to use Daryl or a hunter with good gear and take your time killing all the walkers first before turning the radios off.
    bababooey
    If you have Large Caliber on a good rifle then it's over before it begins. Get a slight angle on the ones coming from the left and you can take down all of them in a single shot. Now I'm thinking I should've saved this just in case I get the Kill 5 Walkers in one attack Challenge.
    bababooey
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
  • AllurieAllurie Member Posts: 56
    @Invader pic of swift strike...Haven't upgraded to it yet though
    Invader
  • NCDawgFanNCDawgFan Member Posts: 2,070
    Am I the only player who finished all 5 with no problems using a warrior? It looks like 99% of players used a hunter. I went from room to room as fast as I could, making sure I was charged before turning off the last radio, so I could kill my way to the exit. I thought this one was the easiest yet. Good luck to those who haven't finished.
    Pig