Hero Token Challenge

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,164
    Yes, I like it, but throw in few regular class tokens for each tier also.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Walkerballz
  • kryptonixkryptonix Member Posts: 253
    edited November 2016
    This then creates a much bleaker picture.

* please note the token value of phone is based upon data using 15 phone radio calls
    ggbatsNerfMeSidewaysTop8dog
  • RickGramesRickGrames Member Posts: 390
    why not every week during every challenge?
    IGN : Rick
    Currently : Level 75
    Guild : MAVERICKS UK 

★ The spirit of ULTIMA LEGIONE is still alive ★
    LINE ID : rickgrames
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 767
    With the upcoming event, I'm curious..... Do these Hero tokens replace the Radios for guild rewards or are they an addition? I can't find anywhere on the forums that specifies this.
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 368
    Yes, no phones in this challenge only individual tg reward and tokens guild reward
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 767
    @Necroboogie thanks. Don't I feel silly now :#
    rgerkmanSCBMATop8dog
  • DuckDuck Member Posts: 119
    Is this a motivator to play or not to play challenges?
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,164
    I love you too?? Very much. Xoxo

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    AngieMatheson
  • atrainofficialatrainofficial Member Posts: 255
    maybe they'll attach a Greater Chance of Finding Radios event
    MizTy
  • PigPig Member Posts: 1,870
    I find I'm surprised at myself by not minding this event. I've been very resistant to heroes since they came out. Their traits were never very exciting.

However, since then I find I have so much trouble finding survivors with good traits (e.g., why does every epic with decent traits unlock defensive stance on promotion?), and the Trait Nuke of '16 means good traits aren't as good as they used to be. The upshot is that, to my own surprise, I find heroes more appealing than I used to. They have ok traits if not amazing, but they also have some useful leadership traits and higher base damage and hit points.

So I kind of like the idea of getting these hero tokens. I can't help but agree, though, that I wouldn't mind getting MORE of them for this event than have actually been offered!
    Bad Pig
    Bad to the bone!
    The Notorious P.I.G.
    "I'm stuck in forum prison, and time keeps draggin' on"
    "I’ve never said I’m a perfect pig, nor pretended to be someone that I’m not."
    rgerkmanMizTyMarcus6253
  • HershelsheadHershelshead Member Posts: 126

maybe they'll attach a Greater Chance of Finding Radios event

I bet there's a "deal" attached, for just $69.99 you can buy 20 phones.
    DarkZeroWalkerballzTop8dog
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    Nice idea but I think it's a split on people wanting tokens and phones. Here is an idea, why not put it as a choice for the individual either get phones or tokens. The same way you do after you make a radio call. This way it is up to the player to decide. Just a thought.
    AngieMathesonCaptainslayerTop8dog
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited November 2016
    |Edit|
    I got my first hero tokens not at 30 stars, but sooner.
    Seems to be a bug. Not complaining though
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    @jimmorrison369 You sure you haven't mixed up personal and guild rewards?
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    I believe I got 5 carol tokens at 6 or 8 guild stars.
  • AngieMathesonAngieMatheson Member Posts: 93
    @Teeceezy heroes tokens challenge OK, great!
    As a fan of the tv show from the very first times, I choosed to unlock my favorites characters, let's see: I have Daryl, Glenn, Maggie, Abraham And Jesus... so this challenge is a good idea (for me only on Daryl),
    But heroes are maybe the weaker survivors we have, mostly starting at one star, or unlocked after loads of calls.
    To put it in a nutshell, making heroes stronger than standard survivors would help trying to unlock them.
    And as most ppl said here, would rather have choice, or radios as reward.
    Regarding heroes, what's the point with Michonne?
    I mean why is it the most expensive cost to unlock her, 500? is that because she's the only black ppl in this heroes crew ? (never heard about Morgan or some others black in this list), how do you decide which ones will be part of the heroes to unlock, dead or alive ones ?
    Lone wanderer
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    Would be nice if you could have the tokens for individual rewards for those of us who don't join guilds. (Yes, 'join a guild' is the answer, but some of us like the loner life or don't want to drag a guild down with inconsistent time commitments.)
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Tombworld You can create your own guild & still claim the guild reward if you got enough stars.
    rgerkmanCaptainslayeratrainofficialTop8dog
  • WalkermanWalkerman Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2016
    Or join a guild alliance that have one or more guilds suited for players just like you. Contribute and reap the benefits of other like minded folks.
    Watch Tower Alliance (WT #14) - PM for details on joining!
    rgerkmanMizTyTop8dog
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    There is a Guild suited for everyone's needs!!
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    ggbatsMizTyTop8dog
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    I guess the flaw in the execution is the rewards could have been a few more hero tokens. Double what they are now at least would have been more favorable for me. If I'm going to have to play with the heroes or at least have their tokens mixed into the radio tent, I would like to unlock Rick and Michonne sometime soon. Their tokens have been very elusive for me. I have 70 Rick and 10 Michonne tokens.

For one week it was a good try for something different.
    Top8dog
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    I like that some heroes are harder to get, makes them more special. Which one that would be, well, not everyone has the same favorites. But whether anyones favorite or not, Michonne is hard core and worth a tough get. Not the only one, sure, but to have all of them hard to get would be a bummer. And besides, by the time we get Michonne she's epic, which is a lot of tokens to get to from common.
    RickGramesNerfMeSideways
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,168

Regarding heroes, what's the point with Michonne?
    I mean why is it the most expensive cost to unlock her, 500? is that because she's the only black ppl in this heroes crew ? (never heard about Morgan or some others black in this list)

Glenn is the only Asian and he was the easiest to unlock (16 tokens). I don't think race has anything to do with it. My guess is that NG perceived Michonne as being possibly the most popular character (after Daryl, whom everyone gets) and so wanted to make her difficult to attain in order to encourage more gameplay.
    JadenAngieMathesonMizTy
  • DotMatrixDotMatrix Member Posts: 88
    I think Michonne should be able to walk around the walkers without getting hurt since she started that way in the show :).. Okay not really but..
    AngieMathesonggbatsInvaderMizTy