Top 10 beginner Tips and Tricks! Game Veterans where are you at?

General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,459
Hi

I need some tips and tricks for my beginner video, preferably from more experienced players.

Thanks

P.S. Might feature your comment in the video
MizTyTop8dog

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    Great tips @GreySeer !
    General_PainMizTyNerfMeSideways
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Give me a sec & I will give you a link to 2 Threads that come to mind with lots of great info we have passed along to Newbies :)
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    General_PainMizTyTop8dog
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    Here's a great link with lots of Goodies @painclasher

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/17792/some-help-for-a-new-player-please

I would say to also add in the Wiki link & @OneLessTitan Awesome Player Tips & Tricks & Guide link for sure!!!
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    MizTyGeneral_PainTop8dog
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    "- Level up all survivors before leveling council"

I would say do not level up all your survivors. Level up your favorite/most used survivors. Your lower level survivors can be used for low level challenge missions, stick them in the outpost, quests... Anyways that's my strategy.

For example, my Assault team... and my two Bruisers that I've never touched. (I only keep two bruisers because I don't want to receive "use all bruiser" quests.)

exploiting the loophole loophole
    MizTyTop8dog
  • srmcn1031srmcn1031 Member Posts: 565
    I learned from my mistake don't buy the intro bundles until you are at max level. I would love to have them now but I already burned through them and now the weapons are useless to me.
    MizTyTop8dog
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    @Movado
    There are many of you talented players out there that can make that trick work, me & my small screen are forced to flip through everything to make a change. Which sux big time! @Shteevie is this finally fixed & visible in 2.3?
    rgerkmanSurvivor6ixRedEye52soggybottoms
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    For me, if u wanna farming exp its easy. Bring along your shooter and hunter on scavenge mission, make noise as loud as possible from the very beginning for easy kill. Repeat 4 turns and starts to slow down a bit, don't mess up with high lvl walkers. In the end noob like me won't beg for exp :)

I only beg for tomatoes.. teach me how to farming not farting :p
    MizTyRedEye52Top8dogaralk
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    Well I just found something out. If you're at the end of a mission where all you have left to do is get to the exit, you can get off one final attack as your last survivor moves into it before the missions ends. I always figured the map would end as soon as all 3 are in the box and you wouldn't get your attack off. The more you know :D
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    RedEye52
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,085
    @GreySeer Thanks for sharing your perspective. I'm still not sure I agree with you 100% (not because I actively disagree with you, but mostly because I don't remember when what it was like when my survivors were < level 10), but I certainly see where you are coming from.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    enigma12
  • Marcus6253Marcus6253 Member Posts: 178
    @DarkZero not sure what you are talking about but with me as soon as my 3rd survivor steps on the exit area the mission ends regardless of whether or not he has points left for an attack.
    enigma12
  • DotMatrixDotMatrix Member Posts: 88
    @Marcus6253 @DarkZero I always have to end turn if I have points left and then are in the exit.. Maybe it's a device difference.. I have android??
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    I was endzone farming on one of the challenges and I went to have Daryl shoot a Walker but I didn't notice that he was going to move into the exit area in order to do it. He went into it, took the shot and then the mission ended. I'll do it again just to check but pretty sure you can't just use a single point to move into the exit and then from there select what you want to shoot, you have to move into it while in the process of having already selected a target.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,827
    edited November 2016
    Yeah. Survivors will finish, whatever you told them to do, before the game ends.

Furthermore. When the mission is: kill all walkers.
    When you move a survivor in for the attack on the last walker.
    If you order another survivor to walk somewhere, he will still walk there after the last walker is killed.
    (under the condition that you tell him to move there before the kill animation is finished.)
  • ComanComan Member Posts: 55
    Pig said:

Should I say it? I'm going to say it. Top tip:

Remember what Darryl taught you.

You forgot one thing.

Remember what Daryl thaught you, and bring a credit card

MizTyRedEye52Top8dogPatient0
  • NerfMeSidewaysNerfMeSideways Member Posts: 211
    Very good thread @painclasher ... I think everyone gave you really good tips. Nice!

One very important tip would be to Have FUN! :smiley:
    rgerkman