Weapon and Armor (edit)

TarayunTarayun Member Posts: 13
edited November 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
Have equipment start with all traits unlocked at a lower rank. Each upgrade will increase one trait by one rank.

Also, all equipment won in missions should be at current highest survivor level. Regardless of what level the mission is, be it higher or lower.

It has already been suggested that we be allowed to continue upgrading equipment without limit (until the maximum level that is). I agree with that idea and my own suggestion can work with it, read below. But before that, it is important to note that if we are allowed to upgrade equipment without limit there should be a limit to such upgrades enforced by the workshop level, that limit should be up to 3 levels above the max base equipment level allowed to be upgraded.

So, example equipment: Vest with 3 bronze traits, the lowest rank.
Upgrading 3 times will increase each trait to silver. After 3 upgrades however the traits will not increase in rank further, not until the equipment is at the max level allowed by the workshop. At which point you can perform a trait upgrade, it will not increase the equipment level but will upgrade one silver trait to gold.

Comments

• TarayunTarayun Member Posts: 13
    bump. Not sure if people noticed the edit
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    edited November 2016
    One of the things that we've tried to do from the time we removed the level cap from survivors was give people reasons to use [and therefore level] more survivors and use them interchangeably, instead of only using the same "A-Team".

Giving gear at more than just the highest level helps with that more than you might think. If all the gear you got were at your max survivor level, anyone more than a single level below that would be too much work for many players to be bothered to put in. This means a lot less "B-team" play, such as in normal scavenges or lower challenges.

I think we need to keep the drops closer to the level of the survivors the players actually have, for sure. Gear below the level of all of your survivors of that class is just not fun to collect. Maybe we can replace that gear with straight-up XP rewards instead?
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
    NerfMeSidewaysTarayun
  • NerfMeSidewaysNerfMeSideways Member Posts: 211
    Shteevie said:

I think we need to keep the drops closer to the level of the survivors the players actually have, for sure. Gear below the level of all of your survivors of that class is just not fun to collect. Maybe we can replace that gear with straight-up XP rewards instead?

Great suggestion.... another option could be phones @Shteevie ?

• BigSnafuBigSnafu Member Posts: 26
    And more money for Next Games. You guys are making a ton of money off of this. Do you really need to keep equipment limited by level?
  • PutchucoPutchuco Member Posts: 1,289
    @Shteevie , yes, I would prefer XP crates instead of 1* and 2*.
    I doubt anyone uses those, I scrap them right away.
    If you would like to join a drama-free and fun group of enthusiasts,
    contact us via email at [email protected]