3 Stars on Suburbia, S.W.A.T., The Barbecue, Mainroad, and The Car Dealer - Weekly Challenge

zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
edited November 2015 in Strategy Discussion
By request of @facemanak these are the first five in the series of level 10 3 star completions of the 'Town' weekly challenge. The Sunday Traffic will follow once I've generated some more fuel.

Suburbia:

Recommended party: Warrior, Shooter, Hunter.
Warrior REALLY shines on this map. So does Hunter. Shooter is always great for cleanup.
Sorry, forgot the phone was on silent, so no in game audio for this one.

S.W.A.T.:

Recommended party: Warrior, Scout, Hunter.
Zombies *always* spawn in this configuration. So Warrior + Hunter is a must. Use the diagonal zombies to get a crit on your hunter for the S.W.A.T. team. Got a little lucky with a swift strike from Joyce and took no damage.

The Barbecue:

Recommended party: 2x Shooter, Hunter.
You can get REALLY screwed by the initial spawn on this map. There was no way to avoid taking damage right off the bat since moving at all would alert the tanks. Lois has 25% dodge so I put her in harm's way and didn't get lucky. Still 3 stars though since it's no injury, thanks to her armor!
Worth noting that there are no additional zombies that spawn on this map. I would have taken a second shooter in the place of my warrior, but I only have one. :( FIRE AWAY!
This map was only level 9 because I gimped one of my runs to test fuel consumption. I'll probably record a new one tomorrow, but for now I just want to get through all the maps.
Sorry, forgot the phone was on silent, so no in game audio for this one either.

Mainroad:

Again, on this map the zombies *always* spawn in this configuration(on the left side of the fence, right side varies). Warrior REALLY shines again because of this, hunter/shooter for cleanup.

The Car Dealer:

Recommended party: Warrior, Assault, Hunter *OR* Assault, 2x Hunter.
This map can be a bit random with the zombie spawns. There will almost always be two in close vicinity of the spawn, and there is also almost always a cluster that an Assault will be extremely useful for. Take it slow and you'll have no issues on this one.
That one zombie came out of nowhere, but Marcus is too quick for him! I could see an argument for taking a second hunter instead of the Warrior.
rayjureforjustice

Comments

• zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Sunday Traffic:

4 or 5 zombies in the starting area, no tanks. Only one armored at the end. Again, got super lucky with the unlock locations. This normally drags on a bit longer.
    Ceszar
  • CoCoCoCo Member Posts: 7
    For barbeaue, utilize the "interrupt" trait. It can prevent tanks from attacking all together
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    edited November 2015
    AWESOME! Love the videos @zoson! You and @Ceszar both contribute a lot to the Strategy discussion!

For me, in "SWAT" I got perfect 10x3 Star score utilizing Bruiser, Scout, Warrior. Never have to worry about lucky criticals (always crit with the Bruiser) or as much of a scratch taken =D

http://s18.postimg.org/hh0ocgpzt/11_16_15.png
    There were no lucky criticals. On swat the zombies are always in that arrangement, so your hunter is guaranteed to have their crit charge ability available. At least until they can't 1shot any more. But yeah, later on a bruiser comes in handy.
    Just realize it was @jureforjustice who requested, NOT facemanak. Sorry face.
    jureforjustice
  • jureforjusticejureforjustice Member Posts: 270
    zoson said:

There were no lucky criticals. On swat the zombies are always in that arrangement, so your hunter is guaranteed to have their crit charge ability available. At least until they can't 1shot any more. But yeah, later on a bruiser comes in handy.

Oh, no, I was more referring to being able to use the scout's swift ability, or else having a lucky crit come from a normal attack lol. But I understand what you mean by positioning and using hunter's ability.
    edited November 2015
    Updated video for The Barbecue:

Got a much better spawn this time.
    Also demonstrate how to spread damage out so that you can still get those 3 stars.

I did pull a shooter legendary pistol that has gold interrupt on it, so I'm going to be leveling that up ASAP to take advantage of the ability.

Not really sure why audio wasn't recorded, you can see at the start i tried toggling my mute switch. So you guys get more music.
    jureforjustice
  • AzrulAzrul Member Posts: 48
    @zoson,thanks for posting. I really like your first move on that barbecue video by alerting the walker then retreat and interrupt. Great gameplay.
    I don't have the interrupt gun leveled up yet! You can see the zombie continues to move a tile, I was just barely out of range. I'm still trying to find a second shooter to replace Carrie... I'm going to be in big trouble unless I get one soon since she's maxed level.
This discussion has been closed.