Old weapons for parts

Sorry if it has been suggested.

You "delete" a character which i assuming is killing them since you somehow gain tokens from them but you only get xp when you "sell" a weapon. How about i take that weapon and dismantle it. Being a gun enthusiast and an Army vet, we dont simply sell weapons in mass and i can not for the life of me imagine people are selling weapons by the masses to an imaginary dealers for xp in a post apocalyptic world. They would break the guns down and use them for parts and for upgrades on weapons you have. Player just leveled up? but still love you old weapon? break down an equal tier weapon(legendary and so on) of higher level in order to level your existing weapon. I player keeps his legendary status and is fed food to level up, why cant a weapon from old un needed parts?

Comments

• GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    @Michio Well, what you suggest is like removing lvl cap for weapons. I believe this was suggested already many times and guys at NG are thinking/working on it as well. So one day we will have equip lvl cap removed(or not). As fas as I remember, prolly Shteevie said it is not that easy to do so and that NG dont want to "give" us another game currency(we already have tomatoes/XP/gold/TGs/surivor tokens/ hero tokens/gas) like "spare parts" , so on my side really no idea if this cap ever be removed and if so, how...for now we will have to play with what we have. And btw, IMO, if cap removed, costs for "extra" upgrade will remove any possible advantage of further use of equip.
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @Gladi
    NG, don't have to set another currency for spareparts. They just could make it for special event, and could trade between players (not limited just in guilds). So IMHO, it could considered as a reward to all players that always playin, veteran and noob as well.
    @Squall Veterans will have no profit on this trade and noobs will have nothing to offer in exchange. It will bring some profit to mid game ppl. There is no trade and there will be no trade(or very unlikely IMO).
    @Gladi
    What i meant before was trade based on players lvl. So of course its between noobs-noobs & veterans-veterans. No doubt NG would have hard time to do that, but i believe its one way to maintain the veteran not get bored, newbie will continue to play and be able to get new people to join. What do you think?

PS: Congratulations, coz you have made me using google translate :smiley:
    @Squall I afraid veterans cannot offer veterans valuable pieces of equip and trade between noobs...well, dunno if this will bring real help. Trade with equip can work only from higher lvl players to lower lvl players, I dont believe anyone will trade his/her valued maxed rifle for another ones valued maxed rifle on same lvl.
    Dunno how long you play NML, but even though Im not playing it since beginning, I already went thru several "unpleasand" updated and Im not really optimistic about future changes.
    @Gladi
    Started play 2 months ago.. So yeah i'm still noob :)
    I still think trade spareparts not just weapon but armor too, still a good idea. All players will get any piece of it based on their lvl, and have to collect many to build in 1 pieces. Consider, theres possibility to get 2 similiar items, players could trade with same lvl players. When able to get all pieces of spareparts, it will become most powerful weapon to equip.
    Anyway, lets NG judge it! :)
  • MichioMichio Member Posts: 10
    Not sure where trading between players came up and no new currency is needed. Xp would simply be used to upgade or level a weapon. Xp can level a person and food a building so why not a weapon.

I just came back to the game to play the season and I have to find all new weapons because the level cap went up. Its this crap that kept me away. I believe it is dump to pharm for weeks to find a weapon to turn around an pharm xp to upgrade it when you can upgrade the weapon (add a scope) and have 1 levels worth.

Give it a limit of 2-3 level upgrades so you can still have your splash screens to make money.