To promote or not promote (scout)?

MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
Usually I'm pretty sure which survivors I want to invest in, but this time not so much. Until this pull, I had 3 scouts - Glenn, Charlie and Nightman. I love Charlie, pulled him as epic and promoted and got Strong as 5th trait. Glenn is good for tomatoes and will be decent when I finally get him to epic/legendary status. Nightman has some desirable traits but DS is always a spoiler as the trait just doesnt seem useful to
Me.

But I got this guy tonight, Hitch-Hiker, and he's got retaliate and some decent traits though not all my favorites. I'm going to keep him for now regardless because I need an extra scout and have the slot, but the thing I need some advice on is whether to promote him to reveal the fifth trait or wait in case something better comes along. I have the tokens and could have promoted Nightman but was already holding out for a scout with retaliate.

So, would I be better off taking a gamble and promoting Hitch-Hiker or waiting with hope I'll get a more ideal combo first? (My Ideal for an epic right now would be lucky, strong, retaliate, dodge, hoping for any 5th trait aside from the hated 2. I have some patience, but I dont know if I have enough to wait for the 'perfect' traits.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Comments

• SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 576
    I would wait for a more ideal scout. For me an epic scout must have dodge and luck before I will gamble on the fifth trait.
    NataNxy
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,224
    Keep hitch and upgrade. Or wait for betters
    "Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
  • buchizombiebreathbuchizombiebreath Member Posts: 1,131
    a scout without dogde and luck is worthless in my eyes
    NataNxyRobertDRS
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    Thanks for all the advice.

In the end, I took the plunge and promoted Hitch.

I'm pretty happy with the result. Perhaps not ideal traits overall since dodge is missing, but nothing bad. Better than my other epic scout, and my first with retaliate.

MadPuppySCBMA