Countdown to the Tara Nerf

Comments

• Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @OneLessTitan Your post was hilarious and a great analogy! She yells at you to ignore the pain until you get to the hospital and the pain sets in!
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,357
    edited November 2016
    @jester I think he is saying that he will be able to take an extra hit before getting bruised. Gets hit but not bruised, heal charge, gets hit but not bruised again.
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
  • docfinzenburgdocfinzenburg Member Posts: 543
    @jester
    my summary of what @zoson wants to tell us: people who get two stars on a challenge mission will now get three stars more often, people who get one star will now get two stars more often, so it will definitely help players earn more stars than before
    zosonjester
  • KaLiKaLi Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2016
    Tara is a game changer and wont be on the shelf for me. Her trait is the perfect shooter combo for high level walkers gaming. Defensive and vigilant pair well with shooter combos such as piercing + interrupt. Even the charging trait will benefit great!

Im happy she doesnt have any dodge traits! As they are useless after +5 walker levels.

Overall many ways to use her and I hope for more positivity from others than the opposite.
    PutchucoMizTyHase
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    jester said:

But that's not the way it works @zoson. They are still bruised, injured etc. Still in the hospital.

@jester
    my summary of what @zoson wants to tell us: people who get two stars on a challenge mission will now get three stars more often, people who get one star will now get two stars more often, so it will definitely help players earn more stars than before

This. Nowhere did I say, or even insinuate that you can unbruise. Just that thoughtful, skillful play can leverage this to earn more stars for those who normally are limited by RSL.
    MizTyPapacas
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,613
    @Shteevie Lol, can we change her ability name from "Healing Charge" to "Walk it Off".

@OneLessTitan good analogy.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    MizTyArtisansCaptainslayer
  • TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,576
    @CYBERDOLPHIN8 Keep it constructive, please. Thanks.
    CYBERDOLPHIN8
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,485
    Great Hero! If only the special call could give more often Tara tokens that would be great! Spending 60 radios and getting 0 tokens is a pretty serious thing. I am trying to enjoy the game and not gamble money.
    ggbatsTop8dogstephcurryNathaniel
  • HaseHase Member Posts: 11
    please dont nerf our lovely Tara.... She provided more ways to play the game
    or we may need a regular radio call just for hero
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,410
    @Shteevie

I understand that Tara's ability will not unbruise, uninjur, etc, but how would it work in this scenario.

I have a survivor, let's call him Bill (he's a dead sexy shooter). Let's say Bill typically get bruised after taking 500pts of damage. Bill gets hit for 499pts of damage. Bill uses his charge ability to kill a couple of zombies and heals a little (let's say he heals all 499pts of damage, although the math in this example probably doesn't match real in game numbers). Now, Bill get grazed for a mere 200pts of damage.

Is Bill bruised even though his health bar is only 200hp below max because he suffered a total of 699pts of damage or is he not bruised?
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

DLichATLAS-ZTop8dog
  • C_LloydC_Lloyd Moderator Posts: 209
    @Bill_ZRT I believe as long as he never gets "bruised" then they are fine and won't have any hospital time. so if you're able to keep your survivors healthy enough to stay above the bruise line then you can heal them 9000+ health and they will still be healthy as a horse :)
    crambert_necTop8dog
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 380
    Just burnt all my phones on 10 phone calls. Not a single Tara token. Just those 2* survivors. I guess I was damned unlucky. Luck never goes even...
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    edited November 2016
    @Bill_ZRT you and your stories lol

OK, if you're #SexyBillShooter gets shot in the chest by the #HunterFromHell freemen and you can't win the map, use the 26% healing trait and pray you make it out alive.

[edit] I'm playing with you... Tara isn't unlocked for me yet so I haven't been out testing her.
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2016
    I think it's time for EVERYONE to be truly honest with themselves: If she could completely reduce hospital healing times and negate wounds for challenge stars, is that not the very definition of "Game-Breaking" and "Over Powered"?

As much as people hate it, the same has to be applied to Interrupt (Cue the hatred :D ) When something, be it a person or an ability, becomes an absolute MUST in a game that encourages different combinations of factors, you have to deal with it.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    szgerg77JayZWeekOneantDotMatrix
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @Shteevie, can you please confirm.
    Lets say it takes 500 damage to go to bruised and another 500 to go to injured.

If you take 400 damage and heal back to 0, then take another 400 damage, will you still be bruised but only sitting at 400 damage? or do you have to have to actually get to over 500 to become bruised?
    I would definitely use the healing boost after getting out of a struggle cuz with the rebalancing, you can't survive another hit if you killed a walker with struggle.
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    edited November 2016
    But, after a struggle, with a red health bar, you need to bandage yourself on the next turn in order to use a charge attack. Yes?
    Artisanszosonantjimmorrison369
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    jester said:

But, after a struggle, with a red health bar, you need to bandage yourself on the next turn in order to use a charge attack. Yes?

Struggles do not require bandaging and never have. Only injuries caused by freemen.
    WeekOnedocfinzenburg
    Exactly @zoson
    ant
    @zoson

Thank you. I haven't played with the new wrestler trait much.
  • MovadoMovado Member Posts: 863
    It appears the healing also cannot transition back into the green life bar from 2nd red one. I only tested it once, but had the same survivor use charge ability twice in that mission. Still red. Afterwards, I dumped that survivor outside the hospital and drove off.
    ArtisansMizTy
    @Movado

I'm pretty sure they'd recognize the mission car and the survivors driving it at the hospital in your camp.
    Movado