A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again

Ok, i know, you are used to do that, as several of my guildmates, but for me it was the first time. And i had fun! Thanks NG ;)
I never had before a free gas ticket (...this week even with double xp!!) and finally today i had the chance to use it. Wow! I had fun but ...it's insane!! :#
I did half of the weekly challenges almost to 400 stars, did several of the few nightmare missions left to get 60 Daryls tokens, supplies and xp missions maxing supplies and xp and also played the outpost and after 8 hours had to quit bucause of the life episodes, family traits, daughters upgrades and wife missions, well... Had fun but that's too much for a little rodent... You are probably asking me why i played 8 hours in a row and i'll reply that doesn't make sense to use a free gas to play just few games. As said Oscar "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it". I had fun but i will no pay for more, that's insane.
"Always be yourself unless you can be a capybara. Then always be a capybara".
--> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
KARAZIPKALITeeceezyMizTyTheLostOnesWalkerballzOneLessTitanArtisanspsychwolfGrimGaelTheCrabTheSittingDuckDarkZero707EmeraldTriangleJadenWeekOneWallStreetgespuerHaiyanSynapseRangermas_killerMovadoRedEye52

Comments

• warwar Member Posts: 454
    I'm sure I progressed a lot with these boosters! I just jumped about two weeks ahead.
    capibaraKARAZIPKALIGrimGaelLadyAquila
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 713
    Choose the right day to do it you can easily put in 14-16 hrs of play. Always handy to have gold in the bank in order to speed up upgrades when your xp gets full.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    GrimGaelPerdtinKARAZIPKALIrgerkman
  • capibaracapibara Member Posts: 6,131
    Well... I just wanted to rectify.
    The day after the game seemed to go in slow motion... :#
    So I decided that maybe one day in the future I will probably try again the combo free gas + double xp... ;)
    --> Do you need a guild? ...send me a Private Message. My Recruiting den and my "Art Objects" in the Next Games Collection.
    MizTy
  • DLichDLich Member Posts: 5,526
    The gas is a good value; the 2x xp although is a good value will typically cost an additional $10 minimum with needing to rush upgrades.

If you plan accordingly (or there is a 5 second upgrade weekend event) you can typically upgrade 4 items (2 survivors and 2 weapons/armors) without needing to purchase the double xp portion.

I buy gas when I know i'll have some time to play. I buy double xp ONLY when there's a 5 second upgrade weekend. Otherwise that $3 purchase turns into a $13+ purchase (figure needing about 1000 gold in rushing things).

| OG | NOC | USA | UK | CA | CQR | UC | RAD | ZEN |
    Other Leaders | Kick_ass | Pic | abailey362 | GunnerGaz | JMo2127 |
    MAVERICK'S 1 Million Star Club | OG | USA | NOC
    Analyze This with ALF4reals | v1 | v2 | v3 |
    | My YouTube Videos | My 1st Interview | Best Analogy Award!! |

Freemium... the "mium" is latin for 'not really'
    capibaraSCBMAKARAZIPKALIJaden
    Good point @DLich Thanks! But i hardly have the chance to run both a free gas + 5 sec. upgrade... But, who knows?.. ;)
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Depends...if you are mixing challenge stars in there, the need for gold is lower. So you can all laugh at me, I don't use gold very often. Right before I activated the gift, entirely oblivious to what was coming, I spent my meager gold hoard on the gold box for guildmates. Derp. Well, I had to get tricky, mixing in challenge stars, supply runs, and gear runs to slow my roll. The gear runs stockpiled xp in the form of uncommon gear (thanks NG) so I only bumped my head on the ceiling once, lol.
    capibara
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    I was going to post something like this, but I was too busy sleeping after crashing. Thanks for the gas/XP, NG...I may do another grind if you gift them again, but I'm sure I'll never pay to put myself through that again.
    capibaraggbats
    edited December 2016
    That's awesome @DarkZero i will read it again tomorrow. :D
    I've already lived all this maaany years ago when playing Doom, Quake and the first WoW among others popular games and consider also that i've survived to drugs so... I bet i will survive again ...or...wait! ....What are you implying? :oAm i dead? Am I a WALKING DEAD??? Are we ALL WALKING DEADS??? :#
    GrimGaelIfyourforgive
    Here I thought all along that they walk, we run. Maybe it is I that is walking after all.
    capibaraMizTy
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    I think the question is: Were you ever really alive in the first place? :o
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    jimmorrison369GrimGaelcapibara
    Oh haha, my friend even at my age I remeber living and how it was, as I watch my sons make my mistakes.
    capibaraDarkZero