Player level 58

Comments

• TeeceezyTeeceezy Staff Posts: 3,577
    All players play off the same numbers and economy data. There's no reason that you wouldn't make level 58 when everyone else with maxed out buildings has. @blynknz
    ggbats
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2016
    Unless the radio tent gives a minimum of 570bp, I'm not going to make L58 and I have the memorial!

I'll find out in 2½ hours anyway......
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • OneLessTitanOneLessTitan Member Posts: 1,273
    @blynknz -- Walker Pit level 9 is 389 according to the old BPs.
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    @Neil_J, so your final radio tent was 570?

@Teeceezy, that's what Im trying to work out, but Im not getting the answer.
    Did the BP for buildings change in the update? (i.e Going from Radio 9 > 10 was 480 points, but it must now be more.)

If someone answered/confirmed that then I would have been able to shut up a long time ago
    ggbats
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    @blynknz must have been, yes, if it took me to L58.
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • ArtisansArtisans Member Posts: 729
    @MizTy, with respect: Let's say I attend a party sponsored by my employer, under no inducement, and on my own time. While there, I'm helpful and charming to a number of clients, also in attendance. Unfortunately, I'm also rude and condescending to a few clients. Under those circumstances, I would not expect to be retained by said employer for much longer.
    I really miss SlickRick. Just sayin'.
    Retired, but not entirely dead.
    "Really? Good luck with that!"
    MizTycrb22075ant
  • NathanielNathaniel Member Posts: 14
    edited December 2016
    I agree completely with crb22075. And tried to just quote him but don't know how that works. The drop in level for me has decreased levels of gear I can win... and yes the official stance of 'just suck it up and work harder ' is the most disturbing. NG has alienated a whole segment of the player base. And without realizeing it beforehand. after they and we realized it , they throw a dirty t shirt in our upturned faces , tell us we disgust them and to go clean ourselves off.
    crb22075Artisans
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I'd rather Shteevie has maximum freedom to speak. I don't always agree with him, so what. I have not been censored here and I speak plainly. He shouldn't be either and he should be free to speak plainly too. Yep, a little chill would be better, but if that's not him, well whatever
    MadPuppy
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,716
    I'll add one more thing: from skimming this thread, I don't even see which post of @Shteevie's people are complaining about being rude and condescending. Is it the one where he defends his testers? If so, give me a break. How do you people function in the real world?

Thanks again for 2.3 NG.
    Proud member of Mavericks OG, a top 3 global GW and challenge guild.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGSePrANMyf_S_YKJyfJodg
    Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    ArtisansMadPuppySCBMADeadBeat
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 713

Deleted draft
    edited December 2016
    @BttlOpener, lol. I'm level 58 and have been for some time. My pony wasn't even in that race. My problem was with the response from an NG employee. No worries, though, I think my days as a forum contributor are numbered. It's not worth the trouble to move against the new flow.
    NathanielGrimGaelJayZ
  • TwoHaughtTwoHaught Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    Mod edit: zbot 12/3/16 3:01 pm

@TwoHaught , please post in the guild discussion section for recruitment.
    GrimGael
    Lol @JayZ. I guess if you were the only one around this summer single-handedly pulling the game along we should all leave the forum just for you.
    Seriously though--everyone should have their say. New, old, intermediate. It's an expressed concern by NG to hear feedback from all.
  • DIblisDIblis Member Posts: 728
    As a player who maxed out shy of lvl 58 this update was the best one ever.
    If you happened to go down a level then you must realise you had been inadvertently given an unfair advantage over those who had put in equal work to build the same things but received less than you. Now everyone should be on an equal footing for future leveling but you still have those items gained prior to update so in that respect you're still slightly ahead.
    Leader - The 75th Rangers

Next Games - Quality Freemium Butchers - Purveyors of Fine Fresh Nerf - We Take the Luck Away From Choice Cuts

Next Games - Great Leaders in Redefining Value in a Virtual World
    ggbatsSCBMA
    I really have no problem with that, but to say someone had an unfair advantage is wrong. Everyone worked equally hard, so I would counter that you were unfairly disadvantaged and encourage you to think that way. Don't blame a fellow player, the error was not theirs.
    @GrimGael It's totally reasonable for people to express their opinion. I never said anything that suggested otherwise. I simply disagree strongly with those opinions and wanted to remind people of the positives that came out of the last few updates, as well as some of the things that impact the game more than losing BPs which can be regained (#makeinterruptgreatagain). Was I a little drunk and aggressive with my language? Probably. Do I still stand by what I said? Abso-f'ing-lutely.
    Message me on the forums or on Line (ID: jayztwdnml) if you're interested in joining the Mavericks family of guilds.

Strategy compendium: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41787/jayzs-nml-strategy-compendium
    GrimGaelArtisans
    As I say, lol, we all should let it out here. That's what's great about the free exchange of ideas. It looked like you were telling all the young whipper-snappers how hard the legendary summer of aught-sixteen was. It wasn’t I tell the tale around the campfire of killing all the walkers I could for XP with no bag limit. Interrupt and luck worked pretty well back in the olden days. So did bruisers--if I haven't gone senile yet--back in the stone age.

Remember to discount the bitchin' by about 80%. People are more motivated to do so than swing by daily and list everything that's going right.

Also, I didn't go down because I just started the game in September. Like I said, I've been grinding along for some time. Probably the only thing that sets me apart from someone that did and regularly purchases in-game was that 100 or so points and a memorial tent. So not a level, not an exploit, not cheating, not unfair advantage--rather something I earned. I want to keep my tent and I want my skull back on it. I am that petty a person
    MizTyjavajnkie
    Built your camp this summer, @JayZ?lmao, noob. I was maxed out at this time last year. Member of the forum since February, regardless of what my profile says. Peace, little brother, you know not of what you speak.
    GrimGael
    DIblis said:

As a player who maxed out shy of lvl 58 this update was the best one ever.
    If you happened to go down a level then you must realise you had been inadvertently given an unfair advantage over those who had put in equal work to build the same things but received less than you. Now everyone should be on an equal footing for future leveling but you still have those items gained prior to update so in that respect you're still slightly ahead.

@DIblis - Actually no. I was on track to be where most people finished off - level 57 1227/1250. So I did not have an unfair advantage over anyone.
    But I then went down. How does someone that was already maxed get put up 23 BP, but me who was not maxed gets dropped 300 BP.

Either they have screwed up majorly (which I doubt but has happened before), or they have actually decreased the buildings that I have built and increased the ones I haven't built.If it's the second, thats "fine", but that is all I am trying to find out
    @Artisans omg you've been playing since this time last year?! Congratulations, do you want a cookie? Nothing I said is valid anymore because I'm such a "noob." I can't believe you've been on these forums since February. If I had known, I would have kow towed in deference to your almighty wisdom.

GrimGaelSCBMAWeekOne
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 7,382
    Keep it civil. There are rules. Beginner or veteran they all follow the rules.
    GrimGael
    There are many that started before me, and probably many to come after I go. Perspective. Let's all stop going there.
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    @blynknz I am pretty sure that you won't get an answer from NG with specific numbers, but I assume the BP for building upgrades did not change.
    So how is it possible that everyone ends up with level 58 and 0 BP, even though the math does not work out? How comes the last radio tower upgrade gives 570 BP here and 680 BP there? There is an easy explanation for this: As soon as your camp is maxed your player level is adjusted to level 58 / 0 BP. No math involved.
    I don't know if this explanation is true, but as a programmer with limited time I would come up with this easy solution. I will see it myself soon. I only have one more supply storage to upgrade, and I should end up with level 58 and 5 BP.
    GrimGael
    @woodstock , so your theory is they just adjust the last building? If that was the case, then why did I go down? And what happens if I don't max out before more buildings are due

I think that would be the worst solution possible.

I don't think this solution would have been very hard.
    Find out who had the most BP of the maxed players (easy to find).
    Work out what the max should be from all the buildings.
    Find the difference and spread that difference across all buildings.
    Run that across the entire base and compare to what they actually have. The likelihood from that is that no one would have gone done (or the smallest of %, smaller than what appears to have happened).
    -Optional, if players have gone down, find out what buildings they have and add the difference to those buildings BP