Change in video allowance for event?

I have not used videos for a long time to open extra chests frankly since removal of deadly missions would have been the last. I noticed on this event I was only allowed one video when I got the first jack pot. Every other reward following did not allow watching videos. Not referring to one video for that aingle instance rather follow up rewards and missions.

Has the game changed the limit? It use to be watch 3 videos and then reset after roughly a day.
When soft cap comes I quit the game.

Comments

• WahooDawgWahooDawg Member Posts: 447
    My post-mission videos are gone too.
  • bumshoebumshoe Member Posts: 322
    Maybe it's a ploy to get people to spend while trying to be covert. Faction mates confirmed this as well.
    psychwolfKaiser
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,085
    Mine has been off too. Usually it's 4 vids every 6 hours. During the event, it has been about 2 every 6 hours.

This weekend has really seemed like a money grab. Reduce ads, make the chances of jackpot slim-to-none, but suckers (like me) will still spend on a gas booster and unlocks...
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    I thought this game was above that but perhaps they share ideas with scopely the masters of deception and money grabs.
    Invader
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited November 2016
    NG has stated that they currently don't have control over the free Videos (wording might be off) & it has to do with where you live.. but they are working on a fix
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
    Djinn
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    edited November 2016
    rgerkman said:

NG has stated that they currently don't have control over the free Videos & it has to do with where you live.. but they are working on a fix

Where was this said because unless NextGames is part of a bigger company, which I could find no evidence that they are, that is a blatant lie.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
  • rgerkmanrgerkman Member Posts: 2,465
    edited November 2016
    @DarkZero

Here's one of them:

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/129595/#Comment_129595

Not the one I was thinking of.. I will try to find that one too though

Edit: here's another.. I have a feeling the comments I'm referring to are all in this thread

http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/132250/#Comment_132250
    There Are No Such Things As Stupid Questions.!!
    There Are However.. Plenty of Stupid Answers!!

Rhonda
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    It makes sense that NG doesn't handle those ads themselves. Having a huge marketing departement able to handle that is extreemly expensive; very costly to set up and maintain.

It's more convenient to have a marketing agency handle that. Because every country has their own set of rules about ads it's also tremendously time consuming figuring that out.

I imagine they hire several agency's to target local audiences. In the long run it's probably more beneficial for NG to have it all in house, but I can imagine why they have that arranged out of house.
    rgerkman
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    I think I know why they were possibly talking about moving it in house.

From VentureBeat November 6, 2016

Next Games discovered that hundreds of thousands of users provided by several advertising networks weren’t real people. It uncovered them using analytics tools from marketing intelligence firm Tune. This is just one case in many that illustrates the extent of advertising fraud. Ad fraud is expected to cost digital advertisers more than $7.2 billion in 2016, according to a study by White Ops and the Association of National Advertisers.

Annina Salvén, finance director at Finland’s Next Games, said in an interview with GamesBeat that her company has saved hundreds of thousands of dollars by uncovering fake users supplied by four ad networks out of the 17 the company used. It wasn’t easy figuring out who was fake because the company had more than 15 million players in the past year, and it’s not easy to figure out which players were bots and which were human.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    It must be a very large bug if everyone in factions has reported same thing as we all don't live in same place.

You would think it would allow you to watch the standard 3 videos for extra chests every 16 hours or what ever it is.
    psychwolf
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    The ad video issue is an ongoing thing for many people. It works as it should 90+% of the time on my android phone, but on my main iOS account, it's as buggy and erratic as it's always been. Since it would seem to be out of NGs hands, I've just accepted that it is what it is.

I find I have some control over it though. When I think or know I should have videos available (cinema or missions), but they're not there, on my iPad, hold the power button until the red slider appears, then I release and hold the home button until the game reboots. To be honest, I don't even know whether that is clearing the app cache, or simply restarting, but most times I find that videos appear after that.

Unfortunately, it can happen where once I watch one ad (cinema or mission), they stop again, requiring yet another 'reboot'. It's time consuming, inconvenient and annoying, but I want those damn ads for the free stuff and to reduce gold expenditures. I'm not that techie so none of this seems logical to me
  • RocketmanRocketman Member Posts: 227
    I've been getting the normal four every six hours this weekend.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,464
    I has my post-mission videos disappear and I remembered this fix:
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/127821#Comment_127821

If you are on an iPhone, this works! I followed the steps and my vids came back immediately. Just restart the game after doing it.

Good luck!
    The kicker is this problem never existed prior to this event. I am sure just happenstance. If comes back after the event then I will go into Morning before coffee mode!
    My video allowance magically started working again after the jackpot event. Seems rather underhanded by game makers.
  • freegoodenfreegooden Member Posts: 20
    Video has worked fine for me so far. Average viewing was once every 30 mins. I was picky with what I wanted to watch because I've had this situation where it wouldn't show up during weekend events before.

I loaded up all the missions, challenges and raids I could.

I did restart the app on iPad once to get it to reappear.
  • PowerUKPowerUK Member Posts: 85
    Gas and xp boosters now expired and adds working again. Just saying.

Power.