Season 7 Missions General Discussion thread

ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
Seems like a good time for a discussion thread. Thought I would get it in now before we have other, more news-worthy items to discuss [hint, hint].

We've seen 5 of the 8 missions that we developed for the first half of Season 7. I'm sure people have played them all about 7 times now, and so please consider these questions and leave us your thoughts below:
  1. On a scale of "best" to "worst", how much did you like these missions so far? More, or less than other game modes?
  2. How do you feel about the rewards? Stingy? Unrelated to the content? Hate the heroes?
  3. Which mission so far has been easiest? Hardest? Which is better - easy or hard?
  4. How do you feel about 1 and 2-character missions?
  5. Is it weird to have so much dialogue in the missions? What's the best or worst line so far? Did any of the characters not feel 'right'?
  6. If you are a very new or very veteran player, how does that experience color your thoughts about these missions?
  7. Should we do this again in the second half of the season?
  8. Would you like to replay the Trials?
Don't feel obligated to answer all the questions. If one is more important to you than the others, that is ok. I'm mostly looking forward to your answers, but it's fine to ask me or the team questions related to these, and I'll do my best to answer for the next few days or until the thread dies down.

There're three more of these coming up before the break, and I know everyone is looking forward to a big, warm hug from ol' Papa Negan in week 8. Thanks for reading, for answering, for keeping it civil and constructive, and most of all, for playing No Man's Land!
Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
MizTyKARAZIPKALIVerbaubTop8dog707EmeraldTrianglesoggybottomsT_12buddy9053

Comments

• bunbun Member Posts: 161
    Episodes>Challenge>missions>scavenge>outposts
    Short and sweet, nice addition imo. Nightmare mode would be fun, as even max level is pretty easy if your survivors are geared.
    TheLostOnesiVoted4Pedro
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for saying we've gone through 5 of them that reminded me we only have 3 episodes before the break.

Ditto what @TheLostOnes said for the most part. As far as one or two character missions they're fine I don't really like them more or less than 3 character missions as long as the difficulty is appropriate.
    TheLostOnes
  • MadPuppyMadPuppy Member Posts: 2,831
    edited November 2016
    1. Best
    2. Best of game, hero missions with hero rewards
    3. Esieht = 2, hardest=5 (though I needed the most retries on 3 because I didn’t figure that the flow of walkers would stop. Forum helped me in that and then it was easy.
    4. Love the diversion. I like that on the story missions as well.
    5. Not weird at all, makes me feel more involved. While other parts of the game I just brush through, these ones I really sit down for.
    6. I’ve been stuck for a while now on story, and played the rest to a routine, so it’s a very welcome fresh part of the game.
    7. Please!!!
    8. Please!!! Provided the rewards are reasonable. They’d be another route for scavenge income perhaps.
    I'm a Negan fan!
    TheLostOnesp_heriansoggybottomsT_12
  • ScorchScorch Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2016
    Overall, I've liked the Season 7 missions. Having a goal of getting tokens to unlock a hero has kept it interesting (rather than having to unlock the other heroes by radios tokens). The tie-in's to the episodes have been imaginative without being too spoilerish. To answer a few of your questions:

2) I feel the radio rewards have been fair. If I had to complain it would be to see higher tokens for the heroes. I know some people are bothered by having Negan as "hero". It doesn't affect me other than I want Negan on my team (So that it doesnt offend some people, maybe the word "hero" should have been looked at closer when incorporating the characters from the show.)

3) The mission I found the hardest was week 5; the easiest was week 4 (possibly because of the free assault charge).

4) I love the 1 and 2-character missions. I wish there was more use of it.

5) The dialog bogs down the game. Is it possible, in settings, to be able to turn dialog off on the same page to turn music and blood/gore off?

7) Absolutely do this next season

8) I have no interest in playing the Trials again unless you open it up to hard/nightmare with higher reward tokens.

Lastly, it's been beaten to death but I'll reiterate that these missions should NOT count towards quests, especially when there is one survivor to pick from.
    TheLostOnesp_herian707EmeraldTriangleT_12
  • Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited November 2016
    To keep it short:
    Very enjoyable having something different to do. Heroes, I can take or leave, but I can see why they have been promoted by NG.
    Some of the dialogue was cheesy but liked the Midnight Oil reference.
    Keep these missions going please.

Oh, and a walker's favourite song?
    How about:

These boots were made for walking.
    Walk on by.
    Don't walk away Renee.
    I walk(er) the line.
    Parisians walk(er)ways

Anything by Junior Walker.....
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    TheLostOnes
  • Pain WalkerPain Walker Content Creator Posts: 2,627
    I have nothing negative to say about them, however only 1 mission per week looks short. Why don't you add 2-3 missions that cover different parts of the episode or something that wasn't shown in the show e.g like the mission this week.

Probably making a video!

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiPainproduction
    mimicaJaden
  • It has been great, and I definitely want to see them every season. Just keep the gas cost and the phones+heroes tokens rewards. Don't lower them, they are the main reason I play these.
    Overall, the developers have done a great job.
    Remember: Please don't lower the rewards or raise the gas cost
    707EmeraldTrianglesoggybottomsT_12
  • RapaxRapax Member Posts: 256
    1) Episodes --- they are really fun and after all they are something new. From 1 to 10 I say: 10
    2) outposts --- it fun to combact against other players strategies.. From 1 to 10 I say: 7
    3)scavenge --- mmm.. i need to play them just to get XP.. not so much fun beacuse nothing "new" ever happens. From 1 to 10 I say: 5
    4)Challenge --- they are a litle bit annoying in my opinion.. repeating always the same.. From 1 to 10 I say: 2
    T_12
  • MizTyMizTy Member Posts: 1,335
    (I am soooo excited about the challenge rework project of 2017!)
    _NoNamebigbeanoT_12
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    Having not watched any episodes of the new season I still enjoyed those challenges a lot. First of all because it's a nice change and new content every week. Second because of the nice rewards in combination with unlocking a hero after playing through all of them! :)

I personally couldn't care less about the dialogues ... always skipping thoses to keep on playing ... can't stop playing ... need more :p

Of all challenges I think I found the burning mattresses the most boring and the one where you have to run to switch off all the radios the most creative. I especially liked the aspect that one could reach trial #5 of the last mentioned challenge with brute force or a quick run with a scout.

In any case, great work, very much appreciated and yes please keep thoses challenges alive. :)
    gespuerMizTy
  • VerbaubVerbaub Member Posts: 650
    I like these episode-linked missions a lot - fresh content, new challenges, different style of play.
    I hope you will continue with these going forward - I really look forward to seeing what you have for us on Monday morning after watching the episode.
    Also, I really like the bonus content that is available on the theater - great stuff.
    PiccoloMizTyggbats
  • Top8dogTop8dog Member Posts: 738
    Ok,.. My answers are as follows,..

1) - I actually like them a lot too,. Not more than challenges,. But I think they second intreast wise,.. There a very healthy distraction to the daily grind,. It's new material which is always good,. And the fact they tied to the show is just awesome fir me as a fan

2) - I'm actually stuck between good/stingy on the rewards,.. As a fan this is probably the main way I'll get tokens for heros,. Not my first priority but it's nice when you unlock them,. I'd definatly love to see more tokens and more phones,. Heck I'm a player more is always wanted and better,. But yeah the rewards are okish,.

3) - iv found this most recent one the easiest by far,.. Never even realised freemen was apparat of it,. But that could just be my tactics,.. I really liked all of them and loved the variations in goals

4) - again like the variations in different number characters needed,. If I had any bad point it would be I'd like to see either the bonus quests nit count,. Or a more noticeable warning that they could be affected

5) - the dialogues cool,. I'd really have liked to have seen if possible more actual 1 liners that was used in the current episode,. The only weird part was again remember what daryl taught you but the forum covered that lol :wink:

6) - I'd say I'm a veteran,. My thoughts towards these missions really is quite a positive mood,. Iv loved playing them,. Wish they where abit longer,. Would definatly like to be able to reappear in future,. And hoping for more in the future

7) - absolutely without question,. I really hope it becomes a regular part of the game for as long atleast as the show runs,.. I'd probably be gutted if they don't reappear fan wise

8) - been hoping all along you'd ask this,.. Of course,. I like them and can make a welcome break from grinding,. Challenges etc,.. The more the merrier

@Shteevie whoever came up with this little gem,. For me deserve a right old pat on the back,. As a player new content is always appreciated so well done with this,..
    As a fan of the show however I'd go as far as saying I could kiss ya ,. I won't but fan wise this is totally awesome for me :wink:
    MizTyp_herian707EmeraldTriangle
    I <3 Season 7 Missions Episodes!

(I'm not a big fan of the random dialog tho)
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    On a scale of "best" to "worst", how much did you like these missions so far? More, or less than other game modes?
    1 - They were a good change. But they tended to end pretty quickly.
    2 - Rewards seemed fair enough
    3 - Easy is always good, lol.
    4 - The 1/2 character missions are fine, but I don't like that they use quests up. Maybe remove them from competing quests.
    5 - The dialogue is annoying because you have to tap on it to remove it. Maybe allow a tap anywhere on the screen.
    I feel there was a strange connection between Negan and us. More like he was part of our team (or that we were part of his group)
    7 - Sure why not. Maybe have some really big maps
    8 - Probably not that much, unless there was something in it for me.

• kampionkampion Member Posts: 76
    My English isn't perfect, sry in advance!

1. good missions with variety. Maybe it's better to increase the missions to 10 f.e., because they already completed on monday
    2. rewards are ok
    3. easiest was the last with Rosita, hardest was the one with music (Darryl afair)
    4. i like them, the best in each game is variety and not the same boring missions ;)
    5. it's ok, but 5x the same text is a little bit boring
    6. i play over a year, as maxed out player (lvl 58) it's not to hard
    7. of course, but maybe with a liitle changes and variety
    8. i don't like too much replay
    Wie viele Beisser hast du getötet? Und wie viele Menschen hast du getötet?
    MizTy
  • blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    I would like to add. The 1 character missions are really annoying because as soon as you go to a normal mission, you have to reselect the team.
    Having the team remembered for the different types would be handy (Challenge, Story, Mission, Outpost etc)
    MizTykscarlett5683Top8dog
  • GladiGladi Member Posts: 616
    1.I love them. They are now best part of game for me(though I didn’t completed all story missions yet).
    2.I like heroes but not rushing with them. Trying to unlock those “cheaper” soon, but not mind upgrading them with tokens after unlocking. Nice and slow… Rewards are good, please keep them(unless you want to raise them)
    3.Hard is fine, but way too hard is not my favourite. Beach and Mattress were way too easy, not a single scratch. Just keep them beatable for new players, as they don’t know best strategies(and maybe don’t have certain surv classes yet)
    4.2 char missions are great, don’t like 1 char though. I prefer oportunity to mix 2 classes for best outcome, one char missions take this oportunity away.
    5.Not reading dialugues much, maybe 1st time to find out what I have to do.
    6.Not veteran or very new player, somewhere between, maybe closer to veteran(?). But after while(in game) it was bit of fresh air. I look forward for every monday now.
    7.YES.
    8.YES. And allow us to play on higher RSL(at least another 2 or 3) after completeing 5/5. Rewards can be some phones and/or several tokens. Keep gas at 1.
    Top8dog
  • kscarlett5683kscarlett5683 Member Posts: 18
    I've been thinking about this a lot, so I'm glad I can get this off my chest. This may be an unpopular opinion, but so be it. :)

I hated Mission 5 (Boombox, "Maggie's Mission") where our survivors were essentially the bad guys. I liked the challenge; but didn't feel good about the idea that we were essentially playing the characters of the Saviors. I like fighting saviors. :)

To answer your questions:

1. On a scale of "best" to "worst", how much did you like these missions so far? More, or less than other game modes? I loved them! Just as much; it gives the game variety. I loved that they were connected to the actual show as well.
    2. How do you feel about the rewards? Stingy? Unrelated to the content? Hate the heroes? I liked the rewards. I thought they were pretty good. As you can see with my comment above, I don't like "being" a savior, I like kicking savior butt! But otherwise, we're good. I also liked using different survivors during the first two trials.
    3. Which mission so far has been easiest? Hardest? Which is better - easy or hard? I think they have been just right. I hate it when they are too hard.
    4. How do you feel about 1 and 2-character missions? Totally fine by me. I like the variety.
    5. Is it weird to have so much dialogue in the missions? What's the best or worst line so far? Did any of the characters not feel 'right'? The first mission was pretty awful, line-wise, as the lines didn't fit with the characters. Rick and Negan seemed too much like a team. But otherwise, ok.
    6. If you are a very new or very veteran player, how does that experience color your thoughts about these missions? I think I'm middle of the road. Not nearly as experienced as others here, but not very new either. I do like a bit of a challenge, and the levels seem right to me.
    7. Should we do this again in the second half of the season? YES. YES. YES.
    8. Would you like to replay the Trials? ABSOLUTELY. Would love to be able to! Actually, if they got progressively harder after a "challenging" first five, I'd love that. (But, as I said before, keep the first 5 challenging, but reasonable. They have been so far)
    MizTyTop8dogNightwolf1986
    I <3 the Season 7 episode missions. Great job NG :blush:
    SCBMAWeekOneMarcus6253
  • ChrisCh84ChrisCh84 Member Posts: 30
    I like the season 7 missions for the most part although what I don't like is how there are 3 for each new episode but there all almost exactly alike at least some times like the most recent one w/Tera. What you should have done is the 1st mission have Tera & Heath at the bridge they got separated at the the 2nd mission have just Tera at the beach shore like you did the the trial mission was fine the way it was but that would have given it more variety & added another character (Heath).
    Aside from that I was curious how do you choose which new characters to add? So far Negan, Rosita & Tera have been added. It's kinda weird having Negan as a character you can get seeing as he's a bad guy but at the same time I understand cause he is a major character but it your gonna go that route then shouldn't you also have added Dwight & maybe had him in one of the season 7 missions w/Negan like maybe the mattress burning missions instead of Negan & two unknown Saviors. Also you had Morgan as a usable character in the 2nd set of season 7 missions why not add him? There's a few others you could add but those are the main ones I was wondering about. Plus I gotta say it's kinda weird that Carls not a character in the game either.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,067
    Please don't add Dwight. We've got enough uglies in our camps already. :p
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    WeekOneMarcus6253SCBMAT_12
  • RicktatorshipRicktatorship Member Posts: 17
    @Jaden i agree Dwights pretty fugly, but then again its an apocalypse, not a beauty pageant. Negan made a good point when he told Carl not to cover his eye (or lack there-of)
    Stuff....and thangs.
    DaleT_12
  • TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    I get the limited time thing. It's an important mechanic to encourage continued gameplay. However, I do wish there was a way to go back and get the tokens we missed because of any of a number of reasons. Maybe it could take two or more cycles through the trials to earn them after that episode's time expired, or some other method to make it possible to earn them late, but still preferable to earn them on time.
    MizTyTaurus_220T_12