Update 2.3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• blynknzblynknz Member Posts: 1,988
    edited December 2016
    Its a nice little update. I wish this was just a mini one with a bigger one coming sooner rather than later.

But still bugs that shouldn't be there :(
  • PaulusPaulus Member Posts: 58
    @TheSittingDuck they are critting like they've got a kritzkrieg medic on them... Hard is fully hard:)
    TheSittingDuck
  • TheSittingDuckTheSittingDuck Member Posts: 208
    Challenge ends and I wanted to check out our guild overall star count.... Can't see it and my eyes are open ;)

@ anyone ?
  • WeekOneWeekOne Member Posts: 1,195
    Click on the icon for the upcoming challenge (it has a timer) @TheSittingDuck and you will see the icon you are looking for.
    blynknz
  • DodkongDodkong Member Posts: 1,048
    User name Gigi, only has 4 normal walkers in their outpost.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
  • DeadBeatDeadBeat Member Posts: 681
    IGN Draven only had 5 level 10 walkers.
    It was Very strange But it was a small map & I checked everywhere!
    DeadBeat - Leader Of TheLostSlayers UK Top 5: USA Top 15: Global Top 40:
    D-B - Leader of TLS II
    The New World Needs TheLostSlayers
    MizTy
    Unfortunally it doesn't work @WeekOne
    Tapping that darn timer icon but nothing happens...
    edited December 2016
    Hmmmm.... I get this screen and I'm able to click on the high scores icon @TheSittingDuck

[edit] This is the icon you should click on first... FYI
    TheSittingDuckMizTyLoewe1968
    LOL @WeekOne, we got some twisted misunderstanding here :)
    First: i was tappin that timer countdown on midlle screen :D Silly me! Should burn ashamed now :D And second: i was asking about guild total star count from ended already challenge and this info isn't viewed in Highscores..

By the way - can't get guild descripition by tappin on it either :/
    WeekOne
  • MystiqueMystique Content Creator ❤️ Posts: 1,454
    edited December 2016
    @TheSittingDuck you can see last weeks total guild stars by tapping the green i (info) icon from the guild screen! :)
    ⚔️ Leader/Elder TheHerdReborn/TheHerdReturned⚔️
    🌟IGN: Rene 🌟 Line ID: Mystique_01
    TheSittingDuckJulialiciousLoewe1968
    Yes, of course! Totally forgot about that little icon :)
    You're amazing @Mystique, thanks a bunch for the tip/reminder :)
    MizTy
    Lol @TheSittingDuck ... it's very easy to misunderstand with text messages ;)

Just glad someone could help you.
    TheSittingDuck
  • warwar Member Posts: 449
    The weapons for the assault class seem to have changed. Gold arc is now 47 degrees instead of 45.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,930
    Shteevie said:

We adjusted the cones of Assaults... Since the result didn't change the number of targets affected by an Assault's attacks, there is no functional change to the way the class works. It's merely cosmetic, and should be more accurate for everyone.

MizTy
  • _NoName_NoName Member Posts: 188
    @WeekOne ... like your hand, although it has a very short thumb :)
    WeekOne
    edited December 2016
    ... double post, sorry ... still loving the hand though
    WeekOne
    User name 187, had 4 normal walkers and 1 armored in their outpost.
    "I always say, if you must mount the gallows, give a jest to the crowd, a coin to the hangman, and make the drop with a smile on your lips." -Birgitte Silverbow, The Fires of Heaven, The Wheel of Time

"Death is lighter than a feather. Duty, heavier than a mountain." - al'Lan Mandragoran, The Great Hunt, The Wheel of Time
    GrimGael
    Two things whcih are much worse post 2.3:

1. My survivors are getting stunned pretty often, while they weren't once with the same gear prior 2.3. I know there was supposedly no nerf on the anti stun trait.... but I'm experiencing one for sure :/
    2. Defending walkers are definitely not placed further away frommthe starting point of the survivors in outpost raids. Oh contraire, they sometimes almost sit on topmof my starting crew :#

GrimGael
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,232
    @_NoName There wasn't a nerf, per-se, on the stun resistance trait, but more of a correction. I forgot where it was posted, but apparently, the silver stun resistance used to basically function like the gold stun resistance. I think they fixed this in 2.3 so that the silver actually has a lower percentage (like it's supposed to).
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    WeekOne
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    @_NoName weren't you the one complaining about too few walkers not so very long ago? Looks like you have plenty there, lol.
    Invader
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    @Shteevie
    The crate rewards after hard scavenge missions have changed back again. After 2.3 I got level 22 rewards (e.g. 5600 XP), now they are back to level 19 (e.g. 4700 XP).
    docfinzenburg
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    woodstock said:

@Shteevie
    The crate rewards after hard scavenge missions have changed back again. After 2.3 I got level 22 rewards (e.g. 5600 XP), now they are back to level 19 (e.g. 4700 XP).

-There is some randomness in the values of the crates - they won't be the same every time. Furthermore, one of the features in 2.3 was to increase the amount of supplies or XP inside those crates. The areas of the game data that govern scavenge rewards have not changed since 2.3's release.

Let me know if you continue to experience something that you think is out of the ordinary.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • ratonraton Member Posts: 164
    @Shteevie why level 18 epic gear in golden crates being level 58 with every survivor level 20? I been playing scavenger missions like crazy and when apperar blue or yellow stuff is 2 levels bellow? Please fix AGAIN the ratios
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    Now I'm not one to snitch, but this player is just shamming way too much--like a US Army spec-4.
    It's not because they haven't visited their outpost. They have intentionally set their level 20 defenders to deny access to tg in the new rf3 set up. So they weren't missed in the "add in a few defending walkers" sweep because of cobwebs growing on their outpost gate. Yet only 4 walkers outside the gate.
    Something terrible, well yes. Since I couldn't charge up my scout on defending rotters, I had to use the defenders. That’s not really my thing, but I made an exception.
    So if I'm not here to rat them out, why post? Well, @Shteevie to ask that your team consider restoring original defending walker positioning. Bear with me, I know I complained about it way back when. Be careful what you ask for, I suppose. Just as we're still talking about lack of walkers outside the gate after it was "fixed" I am also occasionally running into outposts dumping 2 tanks and an armored walker on me at spawn. And I like it. It is a rare desperate struggle that is now missing from raiding. And I think it would be less frustrating than still talking about it a month from now after it's "fixed." Not that you can't do it, but is it worth the effort? Or at least something a bit more exciting, meet me half-way at least.
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    Shteevie said:

woodstock said:

@Shteevie

-There is some randomness in the values of the crates - they won't be the same every time. Furthermore, one of the features in 2.3 was to increase the amount of supplies or XP inside those crates. The areas of the game data that govern scavenge rewards have not changed since 2.3's release.

Let me know if you continue to experience something that you think is out of the ordinary.
    @Shteevie I am aware about some randomness, but as I already said: The rewards are back again. I don't know exactly when you change what, but I know for sure that we currently get exactly the same level rewards for both normal and hard scavenge missions. The regular XP crate gives typically 4600-4700 XP. It was fixed for some time, so that the regular level 22 XP crate gave typically 5500-5600 XP (but never below 5000), but now rewards for hard are back to normal. I can provide screen shots.
  • wijayawijaya Member Posts: 1
    Very very and very cool
    User name Garth has only 4 normal walkers in their outpost.

• ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @GrimGael
    I hope you don't see any of the old configurations anymore, simply because that means that there is a bug we weren't previously aware of. If you do see them, please let me know. I think players will be able to hide their big defending walkers in places that can give you a surprise when you turn the corner. I hope that is what they do, because at this point you are right to say that it's not currently the plan to undo the work that we just did.

@woodstock
    Would you mind PMing me your account info so that I can look into your issue and thus be able to compare what you are seeing to what we expect you to see? Then at least I know that we are talking about the same situation.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.