Still no ads in more than 48h...

Hy there, kind fellows!
As the title says, i had not even one completed scavenging mission after which to receive the possibility of playing ads for crates. It's almost impossible for me to believe that has something to do with region availability. After the update occurred, many players complained of the same issue, but now i see no feedback here regarding this.
So, it's settled, no more ads or we have a NG's point of view that this is a temporary intermission?

Thank you.

Comments

• Neil_JNeil_J Member Posts: 1,873
    edited December 2016
    I'm sure it's pure coincidence that the ads go down almost every time there's a 2x event and we need to open more crates.......

:( :s :/
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
    psychwolf
  • Mikael08Mikael08 Member Posts: 24
    Still no Ads, incredible ! Can someone clarify this for us? The Ads rewarding has been removed in 2.3?
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,028
    Do you get cinema adds? I stopped watching cinema ads after I realized that when I watch them all it will make the after mission ads disappear. Since I started doing that I always have ads after the missions.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Wait a second...are you telling me that after the update the cinema ads from tower and the and from completing missions are somehow related?! That never occured before the update...

Can others confirm that watching the cinemas "uses" the ads which give us free crates after scavenging ?
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    Since the update I only had about three ads per day in total (camp & missions). Since today I get the usual amount again, so apparently they are working on it.

@Mikael08 I can confirm that the camp and mission ads are "connected" now. Watching ads after missions causes the camp ads to disappear and vice versa. And you are right, this never happened before the update.
    Mikael08
  • KaiserKaiser Member Posts: 60
    Since the update i get 1-2 per day, really terrible
    psychwolfbigbeano
    Oh, boy... That a real slap in the face! Thank you, @woodstock.
  • GnatevilGnatevil Member Posts: 110
    I've had no problems with ads. I've gotten several post update. Been averaging about 4 cinema and post mission ads very 6 to 7 hours. I'm pretty sure they are not linked to each other.
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171
    I've had issues (before this update) with cinema ads cannibalizing the post-mission ads (have gone over 24 hours without post-mission ads after watching cinema ads), so I haven't watched cinema ads in months.

My ad service has actually worked better than before. I get about 4 videos every 4 hours, which is usually more than I can even watch via regular play without a booster.
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    I've been getting AD's left and right for days. My issue with them is that they keep crashing the game :D
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,053
    There is a problem with the videos not showing after the update. While the videos are playing on my cell phone and my Nexus 7. However the videos are not playing on my primary tablet. So the problem exist
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY tWo with hUnDrEd ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
  • iozzegiozzeg Member Posts: 157
    All you have to do to get ads back - close the game, clear it from the list of recent apps, stop google services, clear ALL of google services data, not only cash, I also clear cache for the game itself but thats just me, get back into the game, enjoy your ads.
    Mikael08
    Incredible! I'm not gettin' any Ads nor in the tower, nor after missions ! A big disappointment this, ufff... :(
    Never before hasn't more than 48h. without not a single Ad after scavenging .
    @Mikael08 have you tried my advice above?
    Mikael08
    @iozzeg , it worked like a charm! Much obliged, brother!
  • Gunny_HighwayGunny_Highway Member Posts: 219
    jepp same as by me after last update, and now the same again, it sucks
    Tried the advice that @iozzeg posted.
    And got the ads back!

Thanks for the tip fella!
    “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only option.” (Bob Marley)
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 542
    edited December 2016
    Is someone here, who can explain me in German for Android 6.0.1 easy to understand?

"All you have to do to get ads back - close the game, clear it from the list of recent apps, stop google services, clear ALL of google services data, not only cash, I also clear cache for the game itself but thats just me, get back into the game, enjoy your ads."
    @Loewe1968 I tried with google translate, hope it helps:
    - Schließen Sie das Spiel
    - löschen Sie es aus der Liste der letzten apps
    - stoppen Sie Google-Dienste
    - alle Google-Dienste löschen
    - Cache für das Spiel löschen
    Genießen Sie Ihre Anzeige.
    Loewe1968
  • Loewe1968Loewe1968 Member Posts: 542
    Thx @iozzeg

I had already translated it myself, but I have some problems to do this with Android 6.0.1.
    edited December 2016
    @Loewe1968 what problems? To see Google services in applications you must first activate "show system processes" in a menu inside applications
    Loewe1968
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Still no ads. @Shteevie any thoughts? Tried clearing cache (Android) and all that; still nothing and no help from Customer Support.
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335

Still no ads. Tried clearing cache (Android) and all that; still nothing and no help from Customer Support.

-That's really unfortunate. We had a hotfix regarding ads that was server-side only and that solved at least some of the issues, and we were hoping for all. Please PM me your player name and guild name if you didn't already give it to support, and we can see if there is any kind of pattern to be found between your account and any other recent tickets for ad-less players.

Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • ScramblesScrambles Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2016
    I'm getting plenty of ads with the new Unity interface thingy. It's great not having to ignore that horrible Game of War ad 80 times a day now.

The only problem is, now 90% of my ads are the exact same ad to visit Jamaica. I guess it is better (and 15 seconds shorter) than the Game of War ad, but the rotation is still terrible and will get stuck on the same single ad for days.

Also ads appearing are inconsistent and they seem to disappear randomly as well. Sometimes I will avoid playing an ad after finishing a mission because I want to save it for a better reward in the next mission, but it isn't available on the next mission. Same thing in the town, if I leave an ad available to go do something else, the ad may disappear before I can come back to it. Fortunately they always seem to become viewable again about an hour later.
    Visit Jamaica?
    Something I've done 4 times now from GB - including 2 Christmases - and can't wait to go again if my oncologist clears me to fly long-haul.