New Hero Rufus, spoilers????

Comments

• Banana_HockeyBanana_Hockey Member Posts: 12
    Love it! Rufus is awesome!
    ggbatskampionSCBMAWeekOne
  • Squall_NMLSquall_NML Member Posts: 737
    @NG: More heroes, make more challenge similiar to season 7, that required only specific hero to play, and got only hero tokens for reward. It's the only way to avoid our new heroes jobless, i think :wink:
    RedEye52
  • Conan1976Conan1976 Member Posts: 758
    Well,

1. Thanx NG for this free hero, and his weapon!
    2. How the hell am I going to find enough phones to make any of them usefull?
    Looking for a guild? The Den is the place to be!
    We bring the fun back! Game Tips and Videos! Common interest non-game related chats too!
    Everyone is Welcome!

Grimes Den & Dixons Den: competitive / different play styles
    Shivas Den: semi-competitive / relaxed Maggies Den: training and growth

Email us to make our home your home: [email protected]
    RedEye52SCBMAATLAS-ZNathaniel
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 544
    I haven't used him yet, but can he be used against defenders in an outpost raid? Can he be used to defend an outpost?
  • CRUSHCRUSH Member Posts: 582
    Yes & yes.
    @insight55 posted pictures at page 2.
  • RoosRoos Member Posts: 24
    It would be better if he was just assult-survivor, not a special hero. Then there wouldn´t be new hero tokens to collect.
    MadPuppy
  • PaulusPaulus Member Posts: 58
    @GreySeer I agree, I enjoyed the games own characters and their own stories, never thought it an enhancement to bring in the show more. Shiny and new and interesting yes... But in some ways ultimately a distraction from having less new gameplay content. Until they started the Series 7 missions I guess. I still took Rufus :) Santa vibe and all
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    Can you set other survivors and heroes on fire in outpost with him? Can you set freeman on fire? That might be his redeeming grace. Otherwise I would like to see him be one of the tokens only come from certain mission characters like Negan so it doesn't affect out radio calls and diluting the pool.
  • EL34xyzEL34xyz Member Posts: 1,861
    Love my free Rufus
    The Varmint blast charge is awesome!
    ggbatsSCBMA
    MadPuppy said:

I don't get it?

This is a TWD game. Who is Rufus in that universe?
    Does anyone remember moonshine bottles being used as weapons in the show?
    Never heard of Chris Hardwick!
    Did I miss an entire season of my single most favourite show?
    This feels more like comedy Z-Nation.

Talking dead comes on right after walking dead does on AMC
    Is the ultimate fan show
    Chris Harwick is a great host
    RedEye52ggbatsSCBMAVerbaub
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 2,999
    Only thing I regret is that I unlocked him before upgrading at least one of my survivors to level 18. Dang!

Also wish we could get a better version of his weapon, it's fun but at level 17 common it will only be good for low level challenge missions pretty soon which would be a shame. It's part of the fun.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    ggbats
    edited December 2016
    Jaden said:

Only thing I regret is that I unlocked him before upgrading at least one of my survivors to level 18. Dang!

Also wish we could get a better version of his weapon, it's fun but at level 17 common it will only be good for low level challenge missions pretty soon which would be a shame. It's part of the fun.

I just upgraded all my srvrs to 18's this past weekend, so I got a level 18 Rufus and a level 18 moonshine jug
    I upgraded the jug to level 19 and took him on some normal scavenge missions

Rufus did a good job of roasting large groups of level 17 walkers
    Not sure I could use him on high level missions
    But, just like regular assaults with rifles, they are good at softening up big groups of higher level walkers so you can take them out with some other class

I always start the Challenges off with a couple assaults because they can wipe the place clean quickly
    In and out fast as possible on the early challenges
    I leave the assaults home when the walker levels get up too high for them

So I'll take Rufus out just for some fun now and then
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,090
    Chris Hardwick is so annoying.
    Neil_JNathaniel
  • hiplnsdrftrhiplnsdrftr Member Posts: 197
    This Rufus thing is really making me think twice about this game...

1. He's not on the show. We have enough "heroes" already.

2. Last thing I want is another old bearded guy. I've painstakingly curated my survivors to be predominantly of the Charlie's Angels variety. So now I'm either forced to have this old bearded guy or to stare at a purple "free" for the next year or so...

3. I understand you guys are European so you might not understand the nuance, but a "hillbilly" character throwing jugs of moonshine is foolishly stereotypical, offensive to Southerners and it is lazy, insulting and racist period. If that's what you think of me and my descendants then if I continue to play this game, I sure as hell will not be spending any more $. This is what the Talking Dead guy thinks of Georgians? He had a chance to design a character and that's the best he could do?

@MadPuppy I am sending you a PM to further explain why this is inappropriate for the game. Maybe you can relay it to Next?

exploiting the loophole loophole
    mongo911gespuerEL34xyzpsychwolfDarkZero
    edited December 2016
    What's next a hero inspired by the YouTube people that NG hired to make videos while clearly not knowin anything about the game. Heroes should be just that, heroes and not someone stuck in the game by a commentator. To me it's not consistent with the rest of the heroes and the show.

I never liked hardwick because he is a walking spoiler and says he doesn't know what happens yet he always drops clues and hints that are always accurate spoilers. I wish the delete button was available on this hero and this is coming from someone who likes a lot of the heroes. This isn't just insulting to people from the south but people who enjoy TWD which is most of us.

His trait is horribly named too. If you want to stick with the alcoholic southern hillbilly redneck theme it should be called liquid courage and not squirrel's courage. His special attack might as well be called meth lab explosion although most people in the south cooking meth aren't using labs they're using plastic Pepsi bottle.
    mongo911GrimGaelKyrusInvader
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 1,990
    edited December 2016
    I just got a rare weapon for Rufus in the TG store for 300 TG!

AngieMatheson
  • PoppyPoppy Member Posts: 1,146
    Any chance we can get a decent quality variety of his weapon otherwise the guys uniqueness is wasted. Ive seen the rare appear in the TG store but rare dont cut it and is a waste of xp or is the legendary variety being reseverd for an overpriced IAP.
    banner 1st draft

Still your only straight talking tell it as it is content creator for TWD NML, who needs a worthless badge follow me @ https://youtube.com/user/TrueMarvellous
    ... .... ..- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / ..- .--. / --. .-. .. -- . -.--
    edited December 2016
    I got the joke about squirrel's courage it's just that it wasn't very funny at all nor a joke I've ever heard before. I think if you wanted to make the trait have some sort of name that was funny you could have come up with something better and run it by AMC during those meetings.

Not every idea NG or AMC come up with is going to be a good idea or liked by all so don't take it so seriously. No need to start getting worked up about Rufus. It would completely be a non issue though if it didn't affect radio calls. If you had radio call results like I have with a complete lack of gold survivors from the ranged weapons classes you wouldn't find it funny either. o:)
  • ShteevieShteevie Staff Posts: 1,335
    @TheSittingDuck
    Leaving him unclaimed won't change the state of the radio calls.
    Development Team Member - The Walking Dead: No Man's Land
    Please note: Development is a fluid process, and suggestions and implementation take time and iteration. Any discussion of future features, deadlines, updates, balance changes, and such should be considered prospective and subject to change.
  • GrimGaelGrimGael Member Posts: 1,410
    I love the forums, they never fail to amuse.
    Rednecks, most of you are out of this conversation. Sit down. I'm not sure exactly what a redneck is, but I am a hillbilly from the hills and of solid hillbilly stock. Our ancestral lands are forested and it's pretty hard to get sunburns on our necks. I know my identity, and the culture and history of Appalachian-Americans. Some Southerners are--most aren't. You don't get to call cultural appropriation if you are in an outgroup. Apparently Hardwick is one of us. So unless you also get up in arms about African-American comedians mining comedy about stereotypes in and of their communities, put the outrage away.
    bsgper4DarkZeroAngieMatheson