S7M, Episode 7: Last Man Standing, Official Discussion Thread (May contain game spoilers)

Comments

• jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,922
    Jesus did this challenge for me.
    Got bruised on 3/5 but got perfect on 5/5
    ggbatssoggybottomsfoxx70
  • Elf_REElf_RE Member Posts: 13
    Done. All ws asault
    Roos
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Ah, oh well. I for some reason thought I was on 4/5 but actually it was 5/5 (lvl22 walkers) and my Warrior did the trick with Injury. Huzzah!
    soggybottoms
  • exit_77exit_77 Member Posts: 63
    23 survivors in the hospital with heavy injury. Not 1 trail complete. Another fail ng. Players like to play and actually win sometimes.
    DarkZeroInvaderfoxx70
  • Mollie64Mollie64 Member Posts: 152
    Finished!
    Guild member of REMNANTS -Open-
    We are a relaxed Guild. Just be active.
    A little communication goes a long way!!
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    @Teeceezy @Shteevie I think there is a bug with the cool down trial timer. If you watch the behind the scenes video, the timer will pause and resume after you have finished watching the video!
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,577
    @exit_77 Use Assault with Gold Spread or Warrior with Gold Arc. It's doable, but it is more difficult. There are some good strategies discussed in this thread. You just need very good gear. Good luck!
    KARAZIPKALIMizTy
  • General_PainGeneral_Pain Content Creator Posts: 2,461
    After my analysis I came up with the conclusion that you need to kill 15 walkers to finish the missions. 5 walkers per lock
    KARAZIPKALIMizTy
  • BigDawgBigDawg Member Posts: 6
    It's hard using any type survivor if not a legendary or with ramped up gear. I've tried all but scout and failed except w a hunter on first 3. Should be more doable or a lot of players will be disappointed.
  • wrinkled_bagwrinkled_bag Member Posts: 698
    My assaults failed on the last one. This one was the ticket.
    Invader
  • exit_77exit_77 Member Posts: 63
    All 23 back in the hospital with heavy injury, even my assaults with spread and warriors with arc. Still at 0/5.

Also, wrestler trait is not working. I'm getting into struggles with waller 2 lvl lower than my survivors, kill it on the next turn and struggle by myself until my survivors die.
  • All my survivors are in Negan Care Grrrr Booo Hisss!
    psychwolf
  • KARAZIPKALIKARAZIPKALI Member Posts: 97
    @Monsuta
    İt's not very clear on the photo but it's inner wall is made by automatic inflatable water ball :p

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing the walking dead no man's land." (qtn. from George B. Shaw)
    MizTy
  • BigDawgBigDawg Member Posts: 6
    Ya anytime my survivor saved itself from a struggle it died on next turn. Not cool
  • MabikiMabiki Member Posts: 1,732
    3 of 5 completed so far with epic warror (level 15) with retaliate. No wide arc, just a decent epic sword and my best armor. Been bruised or injured everytime, so it's tough, but do-able so far for me. If warrior fails I'll try Daryl. I think retaliate is essential on this one. Definitely much harder than the recent missions, but I don't mind the challenge.
    MizTysoggybottoms
  • GreySeerGreySeer Member Posts: 308
    Got through it fairly easy with this warrior. All in one go, only got bruised on the last trial. Her retaliate definitely helped, but probably not near as much as her dodge luck and iron skin.
    Pig
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,171
    @exit_77 Can you post some screenshots of your survivors so we can see what you're working with?
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    Invader
    4 of 5 was tough for me, several went to the hospital, finally got it with assault. Couple observations: there is a set pattern to the walker spawns if you don't create additional threat with ranged survivor. That pattern can help plan your movement with melee to limit taking damage. However, since the mission goal is to kill a horde of walkers, extra threat actually speeds things up and can help as long as you can line the walkers up for multiple kills to avoid getting mobbed.
    soggybottoms
  • InvaderInvader Member Posts: 2,066
    exit_77 said:

All 23 back in the hospital with heavy injury, even my assaults with spread and warriors with arc. Still at 0/5.

23 survivors at hospital on the first level?

How you do that?
    DarkZero
  • BoomBoxBoomBox Member Posts: 5
    All those newer players with chars below lvl20 and mediocre gear, like me, having a bad week.
    TombworldBanana_HockeyDarkZeroCyTrek74
  • masemase Member Posts: 3
    Finally did stage 5 with Daryl. Stayed to the left and thankfully the walkers kept lining up. Previous attempts sent 8 to the hospital.

• TombworldTombworld Member Posts: 100
    It does seem like there's an issue with the low and high level difficulty being a lot lower than the middle range. Low enough, and gear doesn't matter. High enough, and you've had plenty of time to max everything. People stuck in the middle have yet to upgrade everything they need to upgrade to be successful...lots of people concentrate more on their permanent survivors than the gear, which is ultimately temporary at that level.
  • masemase Member Posts: 3
    Sorry I mean Level 5 hunter.
    Failed 5th with assault and warrior, got it first try with Daryl.

In case it helps anyone, the area to the right is a good place to hole up and attack and let the horde move to you. If you take the farthest spot, walker spawn in that section will pop in front of you so at least you're only having to cover one direction, and some of the walkers will be far enough away they ignore you. Just be sure you can fight your way out. When the dialogue appears that the truck is coming soon, time to get toward the exit, it will activate in 2 or 3 turns.
    MizTy
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    edited December 2016
    Trial 4

Trial 5 uploading used Epic Daryl, pic Attached
  • GnatevilGnatevil Member Posts: 110
    First 2 trials finished with lvl 19 warriors. Bruised but done. Last three with lvl 19 Epic Daryl. Lvl 19 epic rifle first 2 and then I had to bump it to lvl 20. Still got tagged but I finished. Warriors kept getting whacked on 3rd trial so I changed. Tried shooter and died horribly when I got swarmed cause of all the extra spawns from noise.
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,030
    edited December 2016
    I used an assault and stayed to the far right where the bike is. Only killed the occasional walker even trying to approach me or the new ones spawning. Charged, stunned and killed a larger group and ran to the exit when it was green. Wasn't too hard. Got bruised in 3 and 5 but that's fine. ;)
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Diamondcutter
  • iBolskiiBolski Member Posts: 55
    Here's the situation. I currently have l13 players. Trying to get to l14. I have a l13 warrior which I feel is the right pick for this trial since warriors this week only get damaged 50%. My warrior is a 4 star warrior with the following:

455 Damage, 681 Health (both 3 star gear - that's the best I have right now), 3 vigilant, 3 lucky, 3 bullet dodge, 3 defensive stance

No matter what I try to do, I cannot get past this trial. I've tried everything (moving around to avoid, taking defensive stances, using my charged ability when I can), but no matter what, eventually what happens is enough walkers arrive and after 3 hits, I'm injured and the 4th touch by a walker ends it.

It just seems trial 2 is WAY to difficult from trial 1. I've tried trial 2 more then 10 times now (the first time i used up all 12 of my l13 players :s). I know that the level 12 they show for this trial is minimum not recommended, but another person in our guild who is very good has a l15 player, and they BARELY got through trial 2.

Any ideas on what to do? Is it impossible to even complete this with l13 players? There's no way I'll get my players up before this ends and I want to get those tokens by completing this mission before the 6 days are up.

Thanks!
    In-Game Username: Bolski
    Guild: Undead Outlaws (Elder), Glorious Undead (Leader)
    Facebook group: Undead Outlaws (not TWD:Undead Outlaws group)
    MizTy
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,205
    Congrats NG on creating the first season 7 trial I can't pass :s
    gespuerApocalypse