Does anyone know...

... What the base damage for a RARE level 23 (upgraded from 20 obviously) Hunter rifle is?

Trying to figure out how it'll compare to my current level 21 (fully upgraded) legendary rifle with gold destructive (15℅ more damage).

Comments

• Mad_CanadaMad_Canada Member Posts: 113
    This might be a difficult question to have answered, as that would require somebody admitting to having spent several million XP on a 3 star weapon.

I have no idea, but I can tell you that the base damage of a lvl 23 legendary Hunter rifle is 1175. Perhaps I'd you are able to determine the relationship between legendary and rare stats you can extrapolate the answer.
    Mad Canada Guild is Ranked in the top Canadian guild listing - Come join us :)
    Our guild post is here
    DLich
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,062
    For what it's worth.
    I've noticed that usually a rare weapon is about as strong as the legendary weapon from 1 level lower.
    This would mean that a legendary lvl22 weapon should be just a little less then a rare lvl23 weapon.
    DLich
  • sligoemsligoem Member Posts: 330
    @General_Quatre - 994 (only upgraded it to try out the piercing trait).
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21
    Confirming 994... Some of us haven't pulled and good gear in months so I'm rocking one 3* lvl 23 rifles and 2 3* lvl 22 rifles. I'd love to pull even a legendary rifle lvl 19 with crappy traits...
  • MonsutaMonsuta Member Posts: 1,168
    @Orion The game offer 12,500 trade goods for a legendary rifle in hunter's week, you didn't buy one of them?
    I haven't bought any weapons because I've focused on collecting tokens to upgrade survivors and heros. Weapons eventually become useless, an upgraded team member not so much... I guess I've (unrealistically) been hoping that I'd be able to get some legendary gear again through gold chests...
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,632
    Have you guys tried equip missions since the 2.3 update? I played a ton while I was on the free gas booster last weekend, and got great results. They really updated the drop rate of epic/legendary gear in the gold crates. I got epic/legendary gear almost every other gold crate, and half of those were level 20 recommended. I literally have too much stuff to upgrade and not enough time/xp...
  • DarkZeroDarkZero Member Posts: 339
    @JayZ I played a lot of them and could barely get a Gold crate offered to me. Played about 8 Scavenge missions this morning and had 1 Gold crate offered. I then played the first 5 Challenge Missions and had 7 Gold crates offered. I got an awesome level 1 Epic rifle from one though.
    Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me DZ.
    bigbeanosrmcn1031
    @DarkZero That's not unreasonable. To make my original post more clear: I haven't seen a higher rate of gold crates in those missions. Only a higher rate of useful equipment WITHIN the gold crates that I do get.

Finding a gold crate is hit and miss for me, which is why I don't usually play equipment missions when I'm not on a gas booster. However, when you are on a gas booster and can afford to run 200 missions, you can find some good stuff whenever you do get gold crates!
  • Shut_UpShut_Up Member Posts: 2,295
    @Orion If your survivors are level 20 you should start taking the plunge and buy some legendary crates. It's doubtful we will have an update before the end of the year but even if we do a base level 20 gold rifle with the right traits will still be useful to level 21 survivors so it won't go obsolete the instant we get level 21 survivors.
  • General_QuatreGeneral_Quatre Member Posts: 990
    Thanks, all. Still debating if I want to waste time upgrading my D-Team / Outpost Hunter (Daryl) rifle from his lvl21 legendary (with 15% gold destructive bringing it to 955 dmg) to a lvl23 rare (with 10% silver destructive bringing it to 1095 dmg). Both have good enough wide bore. Do people think it's worth the ~3.5M+2.5 days for such a slight upgrade? I'm thinking nah.

In other news, similar question with my bruiser weapons. Does anyone know the damage of a lvl22 legendary bruiser weapon, and a lvl23 rare bruiser weapon?
    @General_Quatre Not worth it IMO. I think that XP would be much better spent on upgrading something else.

I'm in a position where 3 of my Hunters are each sporting level 22 legendary weapons/armors with good traits, but I only have 1 character in each of my other classes with a good epic/legendary level 22 or 23 weapon/armor.

It sucks feeling like some of these other characters are being left behind, but I know that I have a lot of upgrading to do (because I have 3-4 level 20 characters in each class), so I focus on upgrading the BEST weapons/armors that I have, not necessarily the one that I NEED the most. To me, it's not worth it to spend XP on something that my guys will outgrow or replace, so I'm only upgrading items that I won't outgrow or replace any time soon.

In my case, that coincidentally turned out to be Hunter gear... I even have another level 19 legendary rifle with silver bore, gold lethal, and gold luck just sitting around collecting dust right now.

This won't be the right strategy for everyone, and if you buy boosters often, then you can probably afford to waste some XP. But I don't buy boosters that often, so I'm very picky with how I spend my XP.

RE bruiser weapon damage: I can only tell you that a level 23 epic bruiser weapon does 723 base damage, so I would assume that a rare one does about 675?
    @Shut_Up Yeah, that's pretty much what I've decided. All my survivors are legendary and the pool of heros is getting so big that getting any of them upgraded to legendary is going to take a long time. I'm going to stop buying phones and focus on purchasing legendary gear going forward. The other reason I'd been holding off on that was waiting to get to level 58, but that is likely going to take several more weeks. Thanks for the advice!